shape
carat
color
clarity

request for dust/prayers/positive thoughts

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Sarah, thank you so much for the hugs and the positive thoughts.

Yssie, I know, right? Like things aren't already bad enough. Hopefully we'll weather this storm, I really do care very much for her sisters. It's really sort of surprising to me that they would act that way (well, it surprises the heck out of me with one of them, the other one...not a surprise at all), but as many have seen, these situations don't always bring out the best in people.

Stci, you're a sweetie! Thanks for the love and hugs.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and one more thing. You people are amazing. Here I am, a complete (and virtual) stranger, and so many kind people have reached out to me. I can feel the care and concern across the miles, and I thank you for it.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I send you lots of positive thoughts and strength Okie girl! I can't pretend to imagine how you must feel. My hope is that you can find peace, when you are ready, by forgiving your partner for leaving you, as you struggle to makes sense of it all and move forward in life.

Mental illness is only just beginning to be talked about, in not quite as hush, hush tones, and I hope it is soon as mainstream as any other illness, when it comes to discussion.

She sounded like an amazing person, and I hope you can look back some day and embrace the wonderful memories you two made together.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for coming back and filling us all in. You are clearly NOT a stranger to any of us! I don't know, it seems pretty sucky to have to deal with all of that right now. I know most deaths need to be mourned and it seems that you are going through the normal stages of mourning as hard as they are. But the probate stuff and the loose ends and all the tax stuff is A LOT to add. Coupled with the added indignity of not having the proper recognition of your relationship, either by government officials or members of her family, and its enough to put just about anyone over the edge. Hang in there, and forgive yourself when you temporarily lose it.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okie,

I just wanted to send you some love and hugs. I know there are no words that I can say to give you what you want, but you have been on my mind for days now and I HAVE been praying for you.

I hope the survivor's group does you well. My mom started going after my step-dad committed suicide and she made best friends there. She says it's the only place where she feels understood.

Please be ever so gentle with yourself. Anything you want or need, give it to yourself. You are going through so much right now, don't leave yourself wanting or needing for anything. If anyone offers help, please, take it. If anyone offers hugs, envelope yourself in them.

Please keep us posted. There REALLY IS someone out here in California who cares.
<3

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
hlmr, thanks for your kind words. I long for the day when I can remember the happy times, and not the trauma. She WAS an amazing person, I just wish she knew how many lives she touched. Maybe now she does know that.

Minou, yeah, a lot of things are sucky right now. I keep thinking to myself, "why me?" and then I think, "why NOT me?" Nobody ever said life was going to be fair, at least they didn't say it to me. Anyway, thanks again for checking on me.

House cat, I do feel like the survivors group is good for me. I would agree with your mom (and I'm so sorry she had to go through that) that it's the one place I feel like I don't have to explain myself. I'm forging some bonds with a couple of people who attend, especially one woman who lost her husband. The majority of people there have lost a child, so even though many of the emotions are the same, the angle is a little bit different. Thank you for the prayers, it means more to me than you could ever know!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Okie - I'm so sorry for your pain and your loss. Praying He gives you healing and peace. She's out of pain and I hope that you will be healed as well. Big hugs!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I've been thinking about you and praying for you. Please be kind to yourself and know that your virtual community of PS is with you in spirit.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you Okie and sending you more strength, support, love and {{{hugs}}}.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oh Okie, where have I been?

I am so very sorry to hear of your tremendous loss.

Your partner sounds just like my husband in personality. I would be devastated, devastated if he left me.

I can't even begin to think about what you're going through.

You're doing so well to bear up.

My deepest sympathies, my tightest of hugs, my entire lifetime's supply of dust to you, dear Okie.

((((((okie))))))

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
04diamond, thank you for the prayers. My only shred of comfort is in knowing she is no longer in pain.

Rosebloom, Missy- thanks so much for the good thoughts and dust. Means so much to me to know that you all are thinking about me.

Rosetta, this is the hardest thing I've ever done. Well, the second hardest. The first hardest was having to make the phone call to her sister to tell her what had happened. Some days, I'm just so tired of trying to be strong. I know I have no other choice, but it's exhausting, that's for sure. Thank you for the hugs and dust!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't imagine what you are going through, Okie. This is a horrible burden for you to bear. I keep thinking how it is like your partner's pain has been strangely passed on to you now. I am praying for you and thinking of you and hoping your heart is healing as best it can!

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
derbygal|1362689923|3399334 said:
I can't imagine what you are going through, Okie. This is a horrible burden for you to bear. I keep thinking how it is like your partner's pain has been strangely passed on to you now. I am praying for you and thinking of you and hoping your heart is healing as best it can!

This. Exactly this. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers, derbygal.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okie girl, oh gosh I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you, and your partner's family and friends. HUGS.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Laila.

And, to incorporate bling.... I've been giving some thought to having a dbty type necklace made. The diamond in the middle is approximately .33 ct, and it was a gift from my parents when I graduated from college. The two pair of earrings were my partner's. The larger pair is a little under .5 tcw, and the smaller pair is about .25 tcw. I apologize for the crappy picture. I'm sure these aren't the best diamonds, but they mean an awful lot to me.

possible_dbty.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okie, hugs to you. I really have no words, but I will think of you, and -- sending you tons of DUST for healing.

Your project incorporating your and her diamonds sounds wonderful and very meaningful.

Hugs and hugs.

P.S. I've found that sometimes, when I have some kind of strong emotion, I feel compelled to go to the "I just wanna say" thread here in Hangout. It feels both discreet to post there, and kind of a relief to get your thought/feeling written down. Sometimes you don't even need to provide an explanation for what exactly is bothering you. If you are in pain, or angry, or frustrated, or lonely -- the PS community will readily give you support.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Okie, I am so sorry about this :(sad I can't even imagine the depth of what you must be feeling...

Many hugs to you...I hope your kitty is helping you through this pain.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results