shape
carat
color
clarity

Light Guru Question + Diagem

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's pretty common knowledge that a well cut diamond doesn't require light from any source but above. In fact, enclosing the pavilions on some of these diamonds can focus their brilliance, in my opinion.

It's also known that light escapes out the pavilion on poorly cut diamonds, so putting those in an enclosed setting isn't doing them any favors. One of the things that I liked about my diamond, before it was set, was that it drew light *in through the pavilion and sent it out the top. Now it draws light off of platinum and has lost quite a bit of its fire. It was THE most firey diamond I've ever seen, before or since, but the setting is killing it. It is still brilliant, but it reflects a lot of shiny platinum from the pavilion. Kinda cool looking in some ways, but I want the fire back. I have these two HUGE facets that beam rainbows 12' across the room. It's a totally unconventional diamond and I absolutely love it. I just need to reset it. I need to have a ring for it that doesn't suffocate it.

So what I would like is for someone to dummy down the formula (don't laugh at me, there was a time a few years ago when I would have known this) for light entering the pavilion and coming out the top so that I can avoid putting metal bars across the sweet spots of my particular stone.

Kind of a kooky question. Oh and if anyone wants to debate the green on an ASET - be my guest :D

And Diagem? You're just my favorite and the only guy who ever understood the diamond as a tiny statue, as art :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm bumping this...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results