shape
carat
color
clarity

Www.rebelchiquediamonds.com

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mike Assher's new man made diamonds. Was shocked to see first thing hand with middle finger giving the f-u to the consumer. Second shock was the pricing.

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I thought the advertising image was fun and cheeky, considering the brand name is Rebel Chique. That being said, I'm not entirely sure who their intended target market is.

SO SPENDY. I also wasn't thrilled by the designs. I'm sure I'll take another look in the future, but I didn't see anything on the site I'd actually wear.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Link for anyone interested, but too lazy to type it over in your URL bar: http://www.rebelchiquediamonds.com/diamonds/graduation/

Hah, I snorted when I saw the middle finger. It's shocking, and I agree with Cygnet, it fits their name. However, they should have made it more grungy, and made the rest of their website more with the theme. It just looks random and insulting considering how "normal" everything else is.

MMD's are expensive; there was a PS blog about it. They still have to go through all the manufacturing and cutting processes that normal diamonds have to go through, and they're hard to grow. These aren't sims. :snore:

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
madelise|1362114222|3393365 said:
However, they should have made it more grungy, and made the rest of their website more with the theme. It just looks random and insulting considering how "normal" everything else is.
Exactly. I was searching for the right words to say this, but I couldn't find them. I like the imagery and it fits the name. But with the rest of the website being so average, it really seems a little contrived. They need to work on that some more.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is terrible.
Royal Asscher was a very high end exclusive brand sold in places like Neiman Marcus.
Man-made diamonds and flipping off the world!!!??? :o :o :o

They are damaging their brand IMO.
What WERE they thinking?!? :nono: :nono: :nono:

screen_shot_2013-02-28_at_9.png

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
On its own, I like it. But this is not a brand appropriate for a place like Neiman Marcus. Like I said before, I'm not really sure who the target audience is. And I am surprised that it's coming from Royal Asscher.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
cygnet|1362114469|3393368 said:
madelise|1362114222|3393365 said:
However, they should have made it more grungy, and made the rest of their website more with the theme. It just looks random and insulting considering how "normal" everything else is.
Exactly. I was searching for the right words to say this, but I couldn't find them. I like the imagery and it fits the name. But with the rest of the website being so average, it really seems a little contrived. They need to work on that some more.

I completely agree with this. I don't see traditional pave/solitaire style engagement rings, nor the women who wear them, as "edgy" -- or rebellious, for that matter. Complete mismatch between message and product.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
All I feel is: :confused:

Not even: :o

Just: :confused:

I like the idea of rebellion, giving the bird (but not with such a tidily manicured hand :lol: ), etc -- but it does not mesh with their current reputation. If I had the idea to go ahead with a line like this, I would have launched it without absolutely no outward ties with Royal Asscher, and let them be successful independent of one another.

I agree, Kenny, I think this was a bad move for their company.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Puts the ass in Asscher

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the flipping off i totally get and had very little problem with. Seemed cheeky and seemed very appropriate with the "buck the establishment" vibe i think they were going for. I think its trying to say "this is what i think of your preconceived notions of what a diamond should be" However, its out of left field. Why isnt the ring on the ring finger? why is it reminiscent of a 90's Zales commercial?

if they made the hands a little more "pop", and the rest of the site looked like solange's site, i dont think it would look weird at all! Im having trouble putting into words, but i think there goal was to go bold, ballsy, young. I feel like that isnt doing it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results