shape
carat
color
clarity

Uh oh, scraped my ring.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
on a cement walkway today!
32.gif

I was tying old telephone books of all things, for our recycling program at school. I was trying to get the string underneath the pile when all of a sudden it scraped really hard against the walkway!
39.gif
I louped it, and the stone looks OK, but the prongs feel a little scratchy now. Should I get it looked at just incase? Gosh I hope I didn''t scrape the stone......
39.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kmom,

Oh no, I am sorry to hear that.
8.gif

Yes, I would get it checked out. Prongs can be repolished but you want to make
sure the stones are not loose. Bummer ...

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks cflutist, I''m pretty bummed but I''ll take it to have it looked at.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
OMG what a pity. I hope your diamond is ok. I agree with Cflutist you should get it looked at. Hope it''s all ok

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Kmom, do get it looked at as soon as you can for peace of mind! All the best!
15.gif

My regent is loose in its setting but it''s the festive season (Chinese Lunar New Year season) and the shops for me to get it fixed are all closed till Monday (have been closed since 2 days ago as well). So I haven''t been able to wear it for this past week.
39.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no!!! Yea, I would have it looked at
8.gif
how awful..... that is such a bad feeling. Mine sits up high and I whack it sometimes. It sucks, I sit there for like an hour afterwards and look at it under a loupe from every angle.

Hope its okay!!!
12.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! Id be in hysterics and unable to sleep!

Get that checked out. I hope there''s nothing wrong with the stone.

I freak out if I so much as tap it on my desk...window...self.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear that Kmom- I hope all is well.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kmom,
I''m so sorry!!
8.gif
As everyone else said get it looked at asap! I hope it''s just a case where the prongs need to be polished and your gorgeous diamond is ok! Let us know what your jeweler says!! Good luck
1.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Get it checked out ASAP! Let us know!

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
6.gif
Oh wow, I am so sorry! Definately get it checked. Good Luck!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hey thanks all for your comfort. I'm going to get it checked as soon as I can. I cleaned it, louped it as best as I could and it seems OK, but I don't trust myself. I definitely need to have the prongs polished or something to reduce that scratchy feeling. Now it's catching a little.
6.gif
So I need to do it asap.

Thanks again.

The good news: We tied and delivered 940 phone books today, and collected a few more to hit our first goal of 1,000 books! OMG, that's the hardest $100 we've had to work for.
14.gif
I have to keep reminding myself, it's for the kids, it's for the kids, it's for the kids........ the comradarie and the citizenship that goes into this, plus the whole recycling thing...... it's all good.

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2005 1:49:51 AM
Author: Kamuelamom
Hey thanks all for your comfort. I''m going to get it checked as soon as I can. I cleaned it, louped it as best as I could and it seems OK, but I don''t trust myself. I definitely need to have the prongs polished or something to reduce that scratchy feeling. Now it''s catching a little.
6.gif
So I need to do it asap.

Thanks again.

The good news: We tied and delivered 940 phone books today, and collected a few more to hit our first goal of 1,000 books! OMG, that''s the hardest $100 we''ve had to work for.
14.gif
I have to keep reminding myself, it''s for the kids, it''s for the kids, it''s for the kids........ the comradarie and the citizenship that goes into this, plus the whole recycling thing...... it''s all good.
Good for you Kmom. It''s for the kids but it''s also for the environment so it''s for us all. Thanks for your contribution and sorry you scraped your ring. I hope all is well with it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results