Twin Style ring

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Stamped Plat.
4.2mm diameter genuine pearl
center: 55 pts diamond with H-I color & VS1 clarity
accents: 60 pts total diamonds with H-I color & VS1-SI1 clarity
5 3/4 finger size

I've had this ring for almost a year... and finally figured out how to add photos.

But I figured since this is the antique love page... I'd create a new topic for it since the ring is about 100 years old.

The ring is kinda perfect. The pearl is my DH's birthstone. Also, we got infinity symbols tattooed on us when we got married and I feel like the shape of the ring is reminiscent of that.

Since I got the ring back in May of last year, I've had to get a new pearl put on due to damage on the old one and I had the shank thickened.

image_276.jpg
image_277.jpg
image_278.jpg
image_279.jpg
image_280.jpg
image_281.jpg
image_282.jpg
image_283.jpg
image_284.jpg

Sorry I don't have better photos. I'll try to take some prettier flower shots this week.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
lorrissey, how nice that it echoes your infinite love symbol! :)) very sweet

the milgrain detail is simply amazing! it stood the year so incredibly well!!

wear it health and happiness!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, it did!! The original pearl being damaged was totally my fault -- a vinegar mishap. So I'm extra careful now and am considering just getting a big eternity band for daily wear and keeping this one as my going out piece.

and thank you!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
lorissey,

My mother ruined an antique pearl ring I had years ago by wearing it while washing dishes. Pearls are definitely not everyday rings.

That's really lovely. Thanks for sharing.

liz

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I definitely found out the hard way that this ring really isn't meant as a daily wear piece. :nono:

But lesson learned and now to figure out what I want and can wear as a daily piece -- I'm think a semi-bezel eternity band -- that way I can wear it as a RHR when I do want to wear the twin ring.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's an amazing ring lorrissey! :love: Such a beautiful design, and in such great condition - I love it!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely and in wonderful shape for it's age and I love the milgraining! I love how y'all found something so appropriate to you both too!

ETA- (threadjack)- Is that Saint Helena (Name???) granite on your countertops? We had something that looks like that put in the bathroom year before last and I was jazzed because it had garnet in it. :lol:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I had to google Saint Helena Granite and I'm not 100% what kind of granite ours is, but it looks A LOT like the saint helena pics I found on google.

We didn't actually pick them out. They were there when we bought the place back in 2006. But I'm very happy with them. :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful ring! I think it's just about perfect. Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results