shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back, Tao! Evan and Violet are so adorable so I can't wait to meet this new kiddo. Are you going to find out what you're having?

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Tao! I remember you from # 1!!

Welcome back!

Pupp, adorably cute kiddos!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Hey guys, sorry I've been crazy busy with MIL in town. I'll post more later but I want to pop in to send TONS of good vibes to LuvthemStrawberries who hit the 42 week on Monday or Tuesday so she is definitely holding her lil baby right now! Thinking of you girl!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Tammy: How far along are you? I'm only 11 weeks 3 days and I just jumped right in. Come on in, the water's fine! :)

Mega: I'm half crazy for having them this close together! No, seriously though, Evan was a super easy baby and so we thought around 9 months, bring on another one. He adapted sooooo well to having a sibling and she was and is fairly easy also. I think that definitely helps to make the decision for when we wanted to 'plan' the next one. Sleeping through the night helps and being a bit more self-sufficient helps even more. I've been really blessed with two great children and I think that we, as parents, don't sweat the small stuff, know when to pick our battles, and don't get too anxious about things. All of those create a great environment to pop kids out left and right! Saying all of that, this will be our last one :cheeky:

Pupp: We are trying to not find out the sex---I thought it would be a lot easier, but today we had an u/s and the tech was about to make a quick guess on the sex based on the nub theory and it took me a bit longer than I thought it would to tell her not to!! Hopefully I can make it through the next 3 u/s that are in the works for us this pregnancy. Must stay strong!

Fisher: I've been following your story and when I saw that you were pregnant and everything was and is going great I've never been happier (except for maybe my own pregnancy stories). I feel like all of us have been rooting and praying and cheering you on and that this little baby is all of our little baby (if that makes sense!) I can't wait to see the first pictures and to hear your blessed birth story when the time comes!

Wanted to add some pictures of my babies :)

PS: Am loving the newborn pictures on here!
PPS: Can't wait for luvthem birthstory!

pspics.jpg

_4056.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah LTS!!!!! Can't wait to hear.

Mia - any progress?

Welcome Tao! I think we've crossed here before.

AFM - 30 weeks! Feeling massive :)

39 weeks. HG. GD. Iron infusions. Low hemoglobin, platelets.

To say I'm done with this pregnancy is an understatement!

I have a nst later today. If I haven't progressed I'm going to be mad. Also, I am worried but doc doesn't seem to be, but I've now gained a total of 15lbs. Half of that in 3ish weeks. That seems excessive for three weeks. It's not like I can gain 3lbs of fat in a week... So baby and fluid? I'm so exhausted. My tummy is HUGE- getting out of bed is horrible. Yes, I'm whiny. I just want to feel normal again. Oh, I haven't felt any contractions either. I feel like baby would like to stay in for another month if she could :knockout:

LTS- hoping to see a labor update soon :)

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Bean I just wanted to send u cyber hugs. You are just about there...I have twins and im 33 weeks- and so far we are at 9 lbs of baby between the two of them- we probably look similar, lol. I too feel like I'm done only for me it's too early. Can you do something really nice for yourself- maybe the works at a spa or something? I'm not sure what to say about all you've endured- many will say its all worth it at the end but jeez it's hard to feel that way when you are so uncomfortable. I will say that after this you will know you can handle just about anything thrown your way and you are a total bad a** to be able to do it! And maybe a wee(or giant) sparkly will make u feel better? I've been thinking about them recently, lol

Pave- I turn 30 this year AND I need a push present so I do plan on some bling!!! Not sure what yet...

So I am sitting in L&D now. My water broke (while eating spicy tacos) and let me say, nothing could have prepared me for the amount of fluid that came out. It went everywhere! I had to stand in the bathtub for 20 mins while the largest gushes came out and while hubby ran around getting stuff (phones, chargers etc) every time he tried to wipe me up so we could get in the car it would gush again. I ended up throwing on a dress with a bath towel shoved between my legs. Classy, I know. I seriously thought once your water broke that was kind of it... But no, still gushing away. When they checked me in they insisted on doing a fluid check. Ha. Nurse kept saying it could be pee... O_O only if I had a bladder the size of a bathtub!!!!

Anyhoo... Maybe I should rest. Lol will update later :)

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Good luck Bean! Best wishes for a safe delivery! And yes the amount of water was a shock to me too. Mine was broken at the hospital and it just kept on coming. About two hours later while I was walking around, I had about another two gallons pour out all over. So crazy and mortifying! At least you weren't out and about when it happened!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Bean! Hope everything goes well!

LuvThem Still thinking of you and hoping you are just too enamored with your little one to update us!

Tao Welcome back! We tried to not find out the sex too and I was also waaaay tempted when a U/S tech tried to make an early guess but it got easier after the anatomy scan passed and I forgot to ask for the tech to write the sex and seal it in an envelope for us! Unfortunately my doctor made a mistake and mentioned the sex she had in her notes, which turned out to be a true mistake and the wrong sex anyway, but by then it was ruined. So my advice is tell everyone over and over that you don't want to know!

AFM, Well... 40 weeks and 1 day and no sign of baby! I had a pretty encouraging Dr. appointment on Wednesday because my doc said I was almost 2cm dilated and although my cervix is still hard to reach and only 25% effaced, baby's head is much further down (she didn't give me the station). I let her go ahead and sweep my membranes because she was in there anyway and it didn't hurt. I lost my mucus plug that night. I feel like the baby has continued to move further down because when she moves I feel like my cervix is stretching (hard to explain). I've been walking and swimming laps so I'm just about as active as I could be. My MIL is here to help which has been nice but of course it is a lot of time to spend with one person. Also, apparently she had two completely painless labors except for DH who was breech, so either she is lying, has forgotten the pain, or she thinks normal deliveries are painless so it will be interesting to see her reaction when I am in pain or have to get the epidural. She keeps saying labor is really quick and anyone that says differently is exaggerating! It's a little annoying because even if that was her experience (and I don't fully believe her anyway) what good is that going to do me? And you guys know me, I've read soooo much on childbirth that it's not like I can just sit there and nod when she says this crazy stuff, but then of course I get the old "they never had books when I was pregnant" and "we never needed books we just knew what to do and if we had any questions we just asked our doctors. And our doctors never told us any of the details they tell you they just told us if things were going okay or not. And then we didn't ask any more questions." Oy! I do think if she sees me in pain that she will change her story and will be supportive if I need drugs. She is generally supportive, so I'm not worried about that. I guess I am just more prone to be annoyed while I am sitting around here waiting for this baby to come!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck to all the new mamas and those on the cusp of L&D. Things are pretty exciting over here!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Mia! So excited for you getting so close. I totally know what you mean. I love/d reading as much as I can, I just find it fascinating. But then it's frustrating with people who take an "ignorance is bliss approach" to navigate a conversation tactfully. Example: I have to have a c section (much against my preferences but I believe truly necessary bc of DSs birth injury) and I've been really struggling with it. I tried to talk to my mom about it. Last time when I told her I wanted no drugs she got really upset and acted like I was giving birth in a field by myself. So she told me she feels a surgical birth is safer than a natural (no intervention) one. Seriously. I had to hold it together and not spout facts etc at her. Will your MIL be there in the room?

I will update later, but our daughter Maddie was born via csection today. 7lbs 10 oz and 21" long. She looks just like her daddy! I would upload a pic but I'm on my phone so will do that later.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Maddie!!! Can't wait to see a picture.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bean, fantastic! Here's to a speedy recovery. I can't wait to *meet* Maddie!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS, BEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best of luck with everything, and best wishes for a speedy recovery too!!! Get up and walking as soon as the nurses tell you to- it helps you heal so much faster!!! :appl:

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, Bean! Welcome to the world, Maddie!

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Congrats bean!!! Welcome to the world, Maddie! Can't wait to see pictures!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Miscka- You are so right about the "ignorance is bliss" people. Everyone has their own comfort level and some people would like to stay in the dark as much as possible so they won't stress or whatever. It's just annoying when they look at you like you are crazy because you are the type of person who wants the information up front. I could totally see myself reacting the same way to your mother! She's trying to make you feel better but by using misinformation she's not really showing empathy to how you are feeling. My MIL will be in the room but she will be fine. The nice thing about our relationship is that I'm not afraid to shush her if I need to. She is and will be more helpful than not so it should be fine. Besides, DH will be a mess so he's probably going to need her more than I will!

Super congrats to Bean and little Maddie! My niece is named Maddie and she is the sweetest girl I know so I definitely love her name!

AFM, I was kind of feeling a little down since my DD and now I know how women feel when they are at the end of the pregnancy and say they "just want it to be over." I shouldn't complain. I feel great. Just as good as I did a few months ago. I feel like I could handle this physically for at least another month, maybe longer. But boy was it hard to pass that DD and feel like maybe this isn't going to happen on its own. I never put too much stock in my due date and have said from day one that most first time moms pass their due date so she might not come for two weeks after the due date. And I fully intended to go the full two weeks before being induced. I don't know if it is hormonal or what, but I just feel like I am sitting around waiting forever. I think having my MIL here doing all the housework is not helping because not only do I feel like there is nothing left to do but lounging around is not going to put me into labor any sooner!

BUT... The good news is that today I had a great appointment. I am 3cm dilated now and baby's head is "waaay down" according to the doctor. I didn't even have to sit on my fists for her to reach my cervix! She said she thinks I will go into labor on my own but gave me the paperwork to schedule my induction. Unfortunately they called me back with Friday 3/8 as my date which is only 41 weeks and way sooner than I wanted. I think I am a great candidate for an induction at 3cm but I really wanted to avoid pitocin. I'm a little conflicted about it all so I need to process this. I do love the idea of having our girl by Saturday of course! I also need to mention that I love my doctor! She was feeling my belly today and commented that she might be big and guessed 8.5 lbs. So then I got a little worried about the whole big baby/C-section thing and asked if when I go for my BPP if they might tell me the baby is too big. She looked at me and said "but you want to try either way, right?" I think she thought I was asking about a c-section. Then she told me that she had a 5 foot tall woman deliver an 11 lb. baby vaginally and she doesn't usually offer the c-section unless the baby is estimated to be at least 11 lbs. and even then she'd rather try vaginal first. I just think it's really awesome that she really tries to push for vaginal birth.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
*delurking*

Has anyone heard from LTS? I hope she's okay!

I can't wait for the next 3 wks to go by so I can officially hop over here. :bigsmile:

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Mia - I think you are being a great sport about your pregnancy, and you are definitely allowed to feel a little down about passing your due date. It does sound like you have a good chance of going into labor on your own. So... any progress???

Tammy - Time is flying!! I can't believe you only have 3 weeks 'til you're out of the first trimester!

LTS - Thinking of you... can't wait to hear how you are doing.

AFM, I'll be 32 weeks on Saturday. Feeling HUGE, even though I know I'm only going to get bigger.

Currently in a hunt for day care options, and I have to admit, I hate doing this search. Even though I know I want to keep working, it still depresses me when I think about leaving our daughter every day.

We're still looking at the nanny option, but I've now gotten some referrals for in-home day care providers, which seem to be a very popular option amongst the moms in my town/neighborhood. Really hoping I can either nail down an in-home provider by the end of this month or just decide to pursue a nanny.

Other than that... we finally got our stroller (the City Mini GT) and infant seat (Chicco KeyFit 30). Nursery's getting painted this weekend, so hopefully next week I can get the room put together. So excited to do that, btw. I hope it turns out as sweet-looking as I picture it in my mind.

And... my SIL had her baby girl on Sunday. SIL had been keeping her name a secret to everyone, so we were a little nervous to settle in on our name until our niece was born (we didn't want to use the same name or very similar names). So now we can fully commit to our favorite, knowing there's no conflict there. Phew!

So that's it from my neck of the woods. Hope everyone is doing well!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
CurlySue said:
Mia - I think you are being a great sport about your pregnancy, and you are definitely allowed to feel a little down about passing your due date. It does sound like you have a good chance of going into labor on your own. So... any progress???

Well.... I think I am having contractions... They are painful, but far apart. It feels like strong menstrual cramps, but nothing coming from my back like I've read. I am not timing them yet. I really hope this is the real thing! It's midnight and I know I should be trying to sleep, but I am anxious!

Oh and I think a home daycare provider is a great option! I think it is a perfect compromise between daycare center and nanny. You get the lower cost of a daycare but you also get less staff which means you can really get to know and trust the person caring for your child.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Okay this has to be early labor! I couldn't lay down because the contractions hurt so bad and they are coming 10 minutes apart. I'm really bummed that it looks like I won't get any sleep tonight! I want to let DH and MIL sleep so I guess I'll just hang out in the nursery all night.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay,Mia! :appl: good luck!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck Mia! Hope you are holding your baby soon.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys! They are now 8 minutes apart but I am going crazy! I can't sleep and I can't do anything else because our house is teeny and I don't want to wake DH or his mom up. This would be so much more bearable if it were during the day and I could do something to take my mind off of it.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are being way too considerate! You're in labor so go whatever you need or want. :))

Eta - and be careful. At 3cm dilated already things can move pretty quickly!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo exciting!! Good luck, Mia!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Go Mia! So exciting! Can't wait to hear the news!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Best wishes for a smooth and safe delivery Mia!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results