shape
carat
color
clarity

WANTED: Pair of Eyes

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I am looking for a matched pair of chrysoberyl cat's eyes for a project that I have already started. I need them to be well matched, yellow with no brown or green, with sharp eyes, natural and between 2 and 2.4 mm. Any ideas?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be on the lookout - or as my Dad used to say, keep my eyes peeled - blechhh!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you building a cat out of wood?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
SHHHHH!!!

yes

ebonycat.jpg

ebonycat1.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I j ust wrote to multicolour asking if they have anything. If worst comes to worst I may have to buy one long thin oval, cut it in half, and cab it round.

Not done yet; going through a slightly canine looking phase on its way to feline

ebonycat2.jpg

ebonycat3.jpg

ebonycat4.jpg

eboonycat5.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I saw the ones at gemselect, but in addition to all being too big, they are all brown with a khaki modifier and quite pricey!

starruby.in also has some in the right size but only huge lots and very opaque and greenish.

I am making this as a gift.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please don't say its a get well gift for Murry.

So far, so good, VL. You are excellent at working with wood.

Where can we see your work exhibited?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more thing: when you finish, you'll have to post it in Hangout to the furbabies thread. Everyone will go nuts.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Have you emailed Barry Bridgestock? He has (or had at one point) a lot of smaller stones that he doesn't list for sale. I know Freke once got a large parcel of them to pick through. Might be worth a try!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, I wanna a cute kitty too. :love: I think the problem is going to be the very small size. I'm also not sure how well the cat's eye will show. I think having a touch of green is fine too since most cats' yellow eyes have a touch of green as well.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I just thought of something - you might want to contact Srilankagems and/or colorfulgems on ebay (at least I think thats the name). It seems that she has a lot of cats eye chrysos and she might just have a pair or you might be able to put together a pair from her inventory.

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
minousbijoux|1361390153|3385510 said:
Are you building a cat out of wood?

Okay, Minous. I don't know how well you know Vapid... but as I am still a newbie to the inner PS relationships, seeing you guess that he/she is building a cat out of wood and actually being right- that made me laugh, hahahaha. :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee, hee. Its a combination of the hints he drops - the title - and what mediums he likes to work in, I guess.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VL please please please please please make me one of these lovely cats. I LOVE it. :love:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
No word from multicolour yet and I still have not found the eyes. The cat is only marginally closer to being ready anyway, since it has been a busy week. But if I were to order them today the cat would likely be ready before they arrive.
Chrono, LD, I can't imagine finishing this one and wanting to make another. But it could happen. Meanwhile, If anyone has an idea for where to source the eyes please don't hold back.

kittyrecto.jpg

kittyverso.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like Kitty is looking for his/her eyes.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that you typing VL or kitty?

VL did you check all of the links I posted? You only referenced one of them and I just wondered if you'd checked out the others as well?

I really hope you find some eyes for Kitty because I really want to see the finished project and if, by any remote chance, you feel the need to whittle another Kitty, I'm a very willing buyer. xxx

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm rooting that kitty gets a set of glowing eyes too. Like LD, I like it so much that I am willing to purchase it as well should you decide to put a similar one up for sale. ;))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Make him a devil cat - glowing ember ruby eyes :evil: :devil:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Thank You Kismet!
They may not be my ideal ideal, but they are in my consider list. It has been nearly a week and I haven't heard back from multicolour, so I guess I should give up on them. Buying this ring and scraping out the gold might be the best way to go. I can cab them down to the right size here at home without losing much of their weight.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1361918846|3391200 said:
Thank You Kismet!
They may not be my ideal ideal, but they are in my consider list. It has been nearly a week and I haven't heard back from multicolour, so I guess I should give up on them. Buying this ring and scraping out the gold might be the best way to go. I can cab them down to the right size here at home without losing much of their weight.

VL I have trouble with emailing them sometimes. There are several email addresses so it's worth sending to both. David is also on Facebook if that helps.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
kitty is still blind

kittyleft.jpg

kittyright.jpg

kittyito-sp.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kitty now looks like he/she is made out of soapstone not wood. I like the finish you've chosen. Does Murry have any opinion of Kitty yet?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Well, it is not finished yet. These photos were done outside in sunlight and the surface is just from my knife, a very sharp knife . I haven't really done the left thigh, and there is still some detail and refinement to do, ears and tail, but it is getting there. Not bad for a 42.6mm cat (1.75 inch)

Meanwhile, Dana of Mastercutgems has some yellow, transparent, tiny chrysoberyl cat's eyes and I have asked him to invoice me and send them, so kitty may actually get finished!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results