shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for a curved band

huntinginoh

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi, I was a longtime lurker while I was hunting for my engagement ring. I would spend hours on here looking and learning :) I love antique and vintage jewelry and I knew I wanted an antique ring. Now that I got my ring I am having an extremely hard time finding a curved wedding band to go with it. We are wanting to do an elopement pretty soon (been together for almost ten years...just planning on getting married over a long weekend in the next few months). The wedding band is the last item we are hunting for and it is turning into a real struggle. I feel like I need a curved band so it fits better with my ring but man, antique curved bands are really hard to come by it seems. Especially on the tight budget we are on, trying to find a band for 300 or under but we do have a bit of wiggle room depending on the ring. I thought I would go out on a limb and post in here in case any of the fellow antique and vintage lovers happen to come across any curved bands while looking at rings. I am posting a pic of my engagement ring to give an idea of what I am working with here.

_3690.jpg

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
First off Congratulations on your up comming nuptuals! Your ring is gorgeous can we see more pictures please.

I found this for now I'll keep on looking and see if I can find more. Please specify more what you're looking for type of gold, plain with diaomonds what size?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/120108545/hard-to-find-curved-white-gold-and

These are repros but very nice take a look through the site.

http://www.jansjewells.com/item.php?item_id=1823

http://www.jansjewells.com/item.php?item_id=2665

huntinginoh

Rough_Rock
Trade
Clueless - thanks :) I will post better pictures tomorrow when I have some natural light. I actually had some really nice photos of my ring but they are one my laptop and its down at the moment. I am posting this on my iPad so I had to use the one photo I had on here and it isn't that great of a picture. I actually had been looking at all of those same curved bands that you posted! I really am wanting to find an actual antique if possible but if it comes down to it and I am running out of time I might go with a repro. We purchased my ring from a really great seller on etsy so I asked her to be on the lookout and she said she would but told me that curved bands seem to be getting very hard to come by. I came across a nice looking two tone one on etsy a few weeks back. It had five small diamonds and the band was yellow gold but the front was white gold. It was listed very reasonable and I was tempted to buy it but I wasn't sure how it would look since my ering is platinum. I also thought about just going with a normal band but I feel like it will look funny.

Whitehousebrothers -thank you for the information and links I am located in central Ohio

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
hey hunting it think the first one from etsy I posted is an actual vintage.

huntinginoh

Rough_Rock
Trade
clueless- it is. I have been looking at it but I was hoping to find a ring around 300 or under but I am keeping my eye on it and if I haven't found anything before too long and it hasn't sold we may just go for it. I'm kicking myself for not picking up the two tone one since it was only priced at around 120. The only thing that stopped me was that it had no return policy.

Here are the other pictures of my ring. Sorry I just used my camera phone and some fake flowers I had left over from the brooch bouquet I made lol Plus it is gray and snowy here so not much natural light- Everyone always posts such professional looking pictures of their rings I feel like everyone I take looks blurry :)

ringflower1.jpg

ringflower2.jpg

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
oh my she's just beautiful, I love all the scroll work,wear her in good health and happiness always xo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results