shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your help ladies please

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really sorry about the loss of your mother cluless - such a difficult time, my heart goes out to you.

This ring looks gorgeous!! Please post more pics!

I was thinking of haloing an OEC I have...but now you've got me thinking I want a ring similar to this, I just love this style!

Oh, and get this sized and on your finger ASAP! :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on getting the ring!! I cannot wait for more pictures-it looks and sounds gorgeous! I'm so sorry about your mom and it is very poignant that you are naming this ring after her. Wear it in health and happiness always!!!! :appl:

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Libby, Junebug, Missy Thank you all for you kind responses I really appriciate it xo. The pictures don't do her justice, hopefully one of my kids will have the time to pull out the good camera and take decent pictures of her. She does seem to throw lots of light never saw something so beautiful IRL before.

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, I'm sorry to be a member of the lost my Mom recently club too (June). My Mom also loved jewelry and any nice item I own or have from her I can't help but think of her-in a happy way. I hope that happens with you too. Your "new" antique is gorgeous. Enjoy!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Oh bakcwards I'm so sorry for your loss, hugs to you xo. Thank you for your kind words. I can't wait to get this beauty sized and start wearing her.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I admired that ring on ebay for a long time. I think the cut on the stone looks great and the mount is a masterpiece of that era. A modern reproduction would cost more than you paid for the whole ring. And a diamond like that would also retail for over $5k. So you did great!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dreamer I know I'm still an emotional wreck but reading these words coming from you made me cry(relief that I didn't mess up big time!). Thank you hearing your imput comes as a great comfort xo

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cluless, the ring looks stunning. Can't wait to see more pictures. I'm sorry for your loss, and I think it's so lovely that you're naming the ring after her.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kim, oh it's so nice to see you here also, thank you for your kind words they mean a lot xo. Kim did you set your beauty? Did I miss it?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cluless I'm sorry I didn't comment before, but I am very sorry for your loss :blackeye: I have not lost my parents, but my MIL said losing hers was like becoming an orphan at 60. I'm sure it is a really difficult transition no matter your age. Hugs.

And I'm glad to give you some reassurance! As you joked, that style of mount is not everyone's cup of tea, but I think its amazing. I have seen a few mounts from that era now that include diamond work, and the delicacy and the precision is simply stunning. For me, and I know for some other old cut loves, the mount is just as important as the diamond. Finding just the right one is worth its weight in gold. Plus, that diamond has great patterning.

I suspect that as long as the diamond has no damage or eye visible inclusions and is over 1ct, the price you paid is more than fair no matter to true color. But when you feel up to it you should get an appraisal from someone reputable, ideally within the 45 day ebay protection period, to make sure that the ring is as described.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Hi dreamer, no appologise's needed my dear xo. Just really glad to hear it's a piece you admire also. I can relate to your Mil I said the same thing "I'm an orphan at 50" (just turned the big 50 in Dec. so still adjusting to that lol). It's strange no matter how independent you think you are, when they're gone you become a little insicure girl again and you wnat them back so bad. I should be getting it appraised and sized next week. I looped it and it looks flawless but then again I am cluless lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results