shape
carat
color
clarity

Do we have any PERFUME LOVERS on PS?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1360559808|3377263 said:
Thank you for the wonderful advice - I now have many samples coming my way! I'm so excited! I'm trying white florals sampler, the magnolia sampler (all time favorite flower), rose sampler (reminds me of my dear grandmother who passed away this December) and the beginning gentleman's sampler for my hubby (and maybe me!). 23 samples coming my way. I'm so excited! It'll probably take me ages to work through them but I'm inspired to get started. Thank you for this thread, Rosetta!

Oh well done Rosebloom! You are sure to find something you love (and so will your husband, lucky man)

The only thing I'd advice is to not test too many at the same time. Ive received samples in the post, then went a bit mad anointing different patches of my skin and then became totally overwhelmed. I then realised that I needed to wear each sample one at a time to see if I truly loved it enough to splurge on a full bottle. I needed to see how the perfume developed over the course of hours before I could fully appreciate it.

I would dearly love to hear about the perfumes you find FBW (full bottle worthy) Rosebloom!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1360574403|3377327 said:
missy|1360414486|3375984 said:
pinkjewel|1360371366|3375716 said:
Even though Vanille 44 is a Paris exclusive you can usually buy it once (sometimes twice) a year in the US. You just have to watch the website for the few weeks they'll sell it here.

I go thru spurts of being on Basenotes Forum where I NEED to buy lots of perfumes-lol. When I have a cupboard full- I back off until my next obsession for more perfumes hits me. I still want to buy Guerlain's Gourmand Coquin and will probably break down and purchase when I get to Vegas in June and stop by the Guerlain boutique.

I bought a sample based on a PSers rec (I cannot remember who recommended this but thank you- it is yummy) and it is FB worthy! I haven't purchased a FB yet as I have more pressing (read jewelry!!!) purchases at the moment but plan to in the future. Hope you love it!!

Missy- I'm pretty sure it was ME on the other thread that recommended it!! I just haven't gotten my full bottle,yet. Hmmm... wonder if hubby still needs a Valentine's Day present?? :naughty:

Yes. Yes he does. And Gourmand Coquin is the answer to all his prayers. A perfume with chocolate notes? It's a no brainer for V day folks!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
blingbunny10|1360427667|3376088 said:
I'm no expert or collector, but two very mainstream scents I've been into lately:
Guerlain's La Petite Robe Noir
Prada's Infusion d'Iris

Sidenote - I remember liking Chanel No.5 when I was younger.... Now it smells soapy! Weird how our tastes change even when it comes to scents.

You could try Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere. I also highly recommend you try the Chanel Les Exclusifs line: they are a wide variety of excellent quality scents, that you won't find every second woman is wearing.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
MizNina|1360583031|3377360 said:
Me too I love it :naughty: Rosetta do I remember you from POL?

Nina

ETA ashamed to admit I have over 200 bottles

I've never been on POL, my fragrance forum is Basenotes.

But HELLO BIG SPENDER!

Miz, how can you tell us you have 200 bottles without telling us what goodies are lurking in your collection?? Please please share the details. Even better, post a photo!

I only have 25 full bottles, and I'm sure that'll last me the next 5 years. Not sure if that'll make me stop buying more bottles though.

Today I'm wearing Diptyque Eau Duelle. Mmmmmm.

What are you wearing pefumistas?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Rosetta- Yes, I think it would be perfect for Valentine's Day,too with those yummy chocolate notes.

Today I am wearing another chocolate note perfume. Ayala Moriel's all natural perfume "Film Noir".

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I'm no expert or collector, but two very mainstream scents I've been into lately:
Prada's Infusion d'Iris

Sidenote - I remember liking Chanel No.5 when I was younger.... Now it smells soapy! Weird how our tastes change even when it comes to scents.

I loved Chanel No. 5 as well when I was a little girl. Actually I loved it when my Mom wore it because it smelled so elegant and sophisticated on her. Unfortunately, that same feeling didn't pass on to me when I tried to wear it.

And on a tangential note: a lot of perfume houses have reformulated certain scents over the years, so that the newer formulations don't have the same "feel" as the earlier versions. Maybe that is why No. 5 smells soapy to you now?

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
I've been hunting for a good "fresh flower shop" scent... someone recommended Cartier So Pretty... I've worn it a few times, I don't think this is it. I want to try Bas de Soie (Serge Lutens)... anyone have that?

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
onedrop|1360613971|3377734 said:
Prada's Infusion d'Iris

I loved Chanel No. 5 as well when I was a little girl. Actually I loved it when my Mom wore it because it smelled so elegant and sophisticated on her. Unfortunately, that same feeling didn't pass on to me when I tried to wear it.

And on a tangential note: a lot of perfume houses have reformulated certain scents over the years, so that the newer formulations don't have the same "feel" as the earlier versions. Maybe that is why No. 5 smells soapy to you now?

I wanted to try Chanel No 22 for a long time because I had memories of it... I finally got it and the soap is just sooooooo soapy when it dries. I think I've worn it twice. I love to sniff the bottle but it's not for daily wear [for me]

imspecializd

Rough_Rock
pinkjewel|1360604017|3377576 said:
Rosetta- Yes, I think it would be perfect for Valentine's Day,too with those yummy chocolate notes.

Today I am wearing another chocolate note perfume. Ayala Moriel's all natural perfume "Film Noir".

Pinkjewel-what do you think of Ayala Moriel's all natural perfumes? Have you tried any other scents?

Thanks,

Laura

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
imspecializd|1360630087|3377927 said:
pinkjewel|1360604017|3377576 said:

Pinkjewel-what do you think of Ayala Moriel's all natural perfumes? Have you tried any other scents?

Thanks,

Laura

I've tried several all natural perfumes from different perfumers. Ayala's perfumes are my favorites. the issue with most of them is longevity- they just don't last too long. Ayala's last longer than the others and also I like the way she blends. I have a few samples of hers that I need to go back and look at as I can't remember which ones they are. My three favorites that I purchased larger bottles of were all gourmands. Film Noir( good for layering,too), Roses au Chocolate, and Immortale l'Amour (think yummy pancake syrup-lol) . All three are more wintery comfort scents.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Ms P|1360623860|3377859 said:
I've been hunting for a good "fresh flower shop" scent... someone recommended Cartier So Pretty... I've worn it a few times, I don't think this is it. I want to try Bas de Soie (Serge Lutens)... anyone have that?

I haven't tried Bas de Soie, but I think frederic malle's Carnal Flower may fit the bill. I've heard it being described as a "florist's fridge" ie there's a cool element as well as the fresh. You have to like tuberose to like this one though.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't tried Bas de Sole either but there are two Frederic Malle scents that I love when I want my fresh flower fix.

Frederic Malle -Lys Mediterranee it opens with a bitter orange leaf note and then turns into a creamy lily . It then mixes with a sea salt aroma very soft like being in a garden with a light ocean breeze. The dry down is pretty too much like smelling a bouquet of fresh cut flowers.

Frederic Malle-En Passant it opens with sweet lilac blossoms with a hint of green notes. It also has a touch of freshly baked bread if that makes any sense. Yet stays fresh and clean .

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
rosetta|1360676289|3378217 said:

I haven't tried Bas de Soie, but I think frederic malle's Carnal Flower may fit the bill. I've heard it being described as a "florist's fridge" ie there's a cool element as well as the fresh. You have to like tuberose to like this one though.

I have Carnal Flower and while I love it's not fresh cut flowers, green stems, fresh grassy, carnations, daffodils.... Carnal Flower lacks a "green" element.

I see we have lots of Black Cashmere lovers... anyone have Wenge?

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Hospatogi|1360698227|3378453 said:
I haven't tried Bas de Sole either but there are two Frederic Malle scents that I love when I want my fresh flower fix.

Frederic Malle -Lys Mediterranee it opens with a bitter orange leaf note and then turns into a creamy lily . It then mixes with a sea salt aroma very soft like being in a garden with a light ocean breeze. The dry down is pretty too much like smelling a bouquet of fresh cut flowers.

Frederic Malle-En Passant it opens with sweet lilac blossoms with a hint of green notes. It also has a touch of freshly baked bread if that makes any sense. Yet stays fresh and clean .

Oh my my.. :naughty: I just read the notes on En Passant and I like the sounds of it! Where do you sniff this brand? I bought Carnal Flower unsniffed and it's the only by Frederic Malle I have.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ms P|1360712079|3378672 said:

Oh my my.. :naughty: I just read the notes on En Passant and I like the sounds of it! Where do you sniff this brand? I bought Carnal Flower unsniffed and it's the only by Frederic Malle I have.

You can buy a sample at Surrender to Chance.
http://surrendertochance.com/frederic-malle/

Enjoy!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock

In addition to the other recommendations, I suggest L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse Aux Papillons. To me this one is the essence of "flower shop." When I tried this scent for the first time years ago, I felt like I was in a flower shop or a garden of fresh flowers which is why this one immediately came to mind after reading your post. According to the L'Artisan website the notes are: linden, light tuberose, orange blossom.

Oh my my.. I just read the notes on En Passant and I like the sounds of it! Where do you sniff this brand? I bought Carnal Flower unsniffed and it's the only by Frederic Malle I have.

As far as Frederic Malle goes, samples used to be available at the Editions de Parfum website at one time, although I am not sure if they still are these days. You can also find sample/travel sized spray containers on eBay for reasonable prices.

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
That Natori sounds RIGHT up my alley.

My signature scent is Prada infusion d'iris. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever smelled, and more people have marveled at that than any fragrance I've ever worn. It is ME in a bottle. It's luxurious and a spritz lasts alll day. I've been out of it for some time now!

I LOVE perfume. I'd leave the house without makeup before I'd leave without perfume. I know some people find them offensive, but I love when you stand next to someone and get a whiff of their scent!

I've worn many over the years religiously. The secondmost popular according to other people's comments, was that Fresh brand Clean perfume.
I wore Pleasures alllll through high school, and then for some reason, it started smelling like pee and grass to me!
I wore Juicy Viva la Couture for awhile, got it as a Christmas gift, until a lady at work pulled me aside and said it was giving her allergic reactions! Never had that before.
Lastly, a cheaper fragrance similar to how the Prada iris makes me feel is DKNY Pure. I can't say for sure how the lasting power is because I've only used samples but they are comparable.

One more thing..I always spray my hair in addition to pressure points. It never wears off when you spray in your hair, and every time you walk or stand or move you'll get a whiff! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
onedrop|1360712925|3378693 said:

In addition to the other recommendations, I suggest L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse Aux Papillons. To me this one is the essence of "flower shop." When I tried this scent for the first time years ago, I felt like I was in a flower shop or a garden of fresh flowers which is why this one immediately came to mind after reading your post. According to the L'Artisan website the notes are: linden, light tuberose, orange blossom.

Oh my my.. I just read the notes on En Passant and I like the sounds of it! Where do you sniff this brand? I bought Carnal Flower unsniffed and it's the only by Frederic Malle I have.

As far as Frederic Malle goes, samples used to be available at the Editions de Parfum website at one time, although I am not sure if they still are these days. You can also find sample/travel sized spray containers on eBay for reasonable prices.

Be careful of this. I think there's a lot of fake perfumes being sold on ebay and I wouldn't risk it. The samples are cheap enough on already mentioned reputable sites to take a chance IMO.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
You're right about eBay missy, but I have found a couple of reputable sellers on there that I trust. There are definitely other avenues to get samples especially if you don't mind decants.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
onedrop|1360713421|3378705 said:
You're right about eBay missy, but I have found a couple of reputable sellers on there that I trust. There are definitely other avenues to get samples especially if you don't mind decants.

That sounds good onedrop. Trusted ebay sellers make all the difference for sure.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Ms P|1360712079|3378672 said:

If you live in New York there is a Frederic Malle in the city. Otherwise it's available at all Barney's New York locations. Lucky for me I live in California so we have a few Barney's here so I've been lucky to be able to test it out on me before buying

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
fabulousfindk|1360712929|3378694 said:
That Natori sounds RIGHT up my alley.

My signature scent is Prada infusion d'iris. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever smelled, and more people have marveled at that than any fragrance I've ever worn. It is ME in a bottle. It's luxurious and a spritz lasts alll day. I've been out of it for some time now!

I LOVE perfume. I'd leave the house without makeup before I'd leave without perfume. I know some people find them offensive, but I love when you stand next to someone and get a whiff of their scent!

I've worn many over the years religiously. The secondmost popular according to other people's comments, was that Fresh brand Clean perfume.
I wore Pleasures alllll through high school, and then for some reason, it started smelling like pee and grass to me!
I wore Juicy Viva la Couture for awhile, got it as a Christmas gift, until a lady at work pulled me aside and said it was giving her allergic reactions! Never had that before.
Lastly, a cheaper fragrance similar to how the Prada iris makes me feel is DKNY Pure. I can't say for sure how the lasting power is because I've only used samples but they are comparable.

One more thing..I always spray my hair in addition to pressure points. It never wears off when you spray in your hair, and every time you walk or stand or move you'll get a whiff! :appl:
I love Natori! In fact I'm wearing it right now! Unfortunately it's becoming harder to find since it originally came out in 2009. The only store still carrying it is Nordstroms and its not always in stock. Luckily I think it's available on the natori website or I'd be pretty sad !

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
onedrop|1360712925|3378693 said:

I second the suggestion of L'Artisan's La Chasse Aux Papillions- it's a beautiful, light floral. One of my favorite springtime fragrances. I do find longevity is a bit of an issue with it (as with most L'Artisans that I've tried) , but I still love it. En Passant did not work well with my chemistry- I didn't care for it at all.

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
If you love gardenia, try Bond No.9 Saks fifth avenue. it is fabulous.
I also wear Creed Fleurissimo.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Gem Queen|1360878208|3380255 said:

Greetings from hot Vietnam, o fragrant ones! Boy am I glad I'm not in the horrible UK weather now.

I'm looking for a great gardenia scent. I tried Chanel's Gardenia but it wasn't quite the one for me (I ended up buying Coromandel instead). I'm curious about the Bond No 9 but man, the bottle design turns me off big time. Still, I'll give it a sniff on your recommendation!

I'm not keen on Fleurissimo, the Creed for me is Jardin d'amalfi.

I'm wearing Fracas and my sunnies today. :sun:

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
rosetta|1360882636|3380313 said:
Gem Queen|1360878208|3380255 said:

Greetings from hot Vietnam, o fragrant ones! Boy am I glad I'm not in the horrible UK weather now.

I'm looking for a great gardenia scent. I tried Chanel's Gardenia but it wasn't quite the one for me (I ended up buying Coromandel instead). I'm curious about the Bond No 9 but man, the bottle design turns me off big time. Still, I'll give it a sniff on your recommendation!

I'm not keen on Fleurissimo, the Creed for me is Jardin d'amalfi.

I'm wearing Fracas and my sunnies today. :sun:

It's so hard to find a true gardenia scent. I actually have yet to find one I really love. Have you tried Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors,Kai or Estee Lauder private collection tuberose gardenia ? If you like tuberose I'd suggest smelling

Diptyque Do Son- it's a combination of tuberose, orange leaves, iris and musk. It's very soft and light perfect for spring.
Caron Tubereuse- also tuberose with a deeper richer undertone
L'Artisan Tubereuse - soft velvety frangrances but does start off a bit sharp
Serge Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle- it's very different from fracas. It starts off very bitter and sharp but is much softer and pretty in the dry down . It does have a minty spicy kick to it and is not creamy or sweet. It's a def love it or hate it frangrance
II Profumi di Firenze tuberosa d'Autunno- buttery but it still has that wintery kick to it without the unpleasant top notes of Criminelle.
Annick Goutal la Tubereuse- bold, creamy, and lush ( many great floral frangrances by this perfume house)

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU Hospatogi! I haven't tried any of those. I don't have an Annick Goutal in my collection, so I'm going to try that one first.

Today, I'm wearing Hermes (ambre narguile) :))

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
rosetta|1361080666|3382163 said:
THANK YOU Hospatogi! I haven't tried any of those. I don't have an Annick Goutal in my collection, so I'm going to try that one first.

Today, I'm wearing Hermes (ambre narguile) :))

Loo I like Hermes too! I love wearing Hermes Eau Claire des Merveilles .

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Well ladies, any new purchases lately?

I've added two Amouages to my collection: memoir and lyric. Both sublime.

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Ooh Rosetta I love amouage :love: I have Dia (my favourite) Amouage gold and Amouage silver (sadly discontinued) and lastly jubilation 25. I love that dark rose in lyric...

Nina

Ps pic of collection as requested :))

_4159.jpg

_4160.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results