shape
carat
color
clarity

Another tsavorite: Enable me?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I already have two tsavorites, and one still isn't set but....I'm sort of tempted by this one too!

What do you think? Color too light? Cut suspect?
1.13 cts cushion cut measuring 6.1x5.2x4.4

Do you think it'd ever fit into a stock setting?

17715-tsavorite.jpg

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is very pretty. How does it compare to the ones you already own? I say this because I have a lot of stones unset, and my second best, odd sized stones of any species are probably last on my list to set....

I got some matching tsavorite melee and it is on my way, I want to set it with the same color of tsavorite, so I am on the lookout myself. I am looking for about that size, I imagine I will have to go to a gem show to match the center stone to the melee

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I've been eyeing that one up too! :bigsmile:

No idea if it will fit a mount easily if I'm honest, but to me, the cut and colour are nice, and it seems a good price too. Will be interested to see what it looks like if you buy it.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally like the color very much.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you want to be enabled or "dis"-abled? 6x5 mm is going to need a customized setting, I'm afraid. Are those inclusions across the table or just dirt? I feel the need to wipe it clean. :cheeky:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a pretty green! A 5x7 mount wouldn't work? :naughty:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eh. Decided to go for it. I feel like I don't see as many tsavs for sale these days and want to horde a little. Hehe

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Now that you got it, I am curious-- who was the vendor?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dj rare gems

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it one of the stones in the "buy me now" thread?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I think it's beautiful, and it's definitely the best color/cut they had.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1360727331|3378895 said:
Is it one of the stones in the "buy me now" thread?

I don't think so? I would have put it there though if I wasn't going to buy it myself, lol. I bought a .83 ct cushion from them before and I love the rich color. I'm hoping this one will be equally pleasing.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It's a pretty color. If you already have a tsavorite ring maybe this one could be a pendant :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha. I had a Tsav pendant set in a 3 stone with a mint and a oec. But sold it to another PSer because I really don't swap out my diamond pendant much. I have a gorgeous tanzanite pendan and blue tourm pendant that I already never wear. Lol.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1360727598|3378897 said:
I think it's beautiful, and it's definitely the best color/cut they had.

I thought so too. My biggest worry is that it'll be too small for me but we will see!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful color. Cut is nice. I wondered if it might be kind of small too, depends on how you want to set it. Good catch anyway!

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you are thinking ring stone, right? Colouration looks nice but as you said, it's going to need help to look big. I've also given up on pendants (never change mine out) and earrings too.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1360758640|3379009 said:
Beautiful color. Cut is nice. I wondered if it might be kind of small too, depends on how you want to set it. Good catch anyway!

--- Laurie

Yeah. Color is king as they say. Maybe I can do a band style ring or something fun to give it more impact.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm relieved to hear that you have bought from them in the past. I bought several stones from them and found them all to be considerably darker in hand. I ended up setting one, sending one back, selling one, and have been trying to sell the other. Its not that their photos are not accurate, its just that they are taken with bright light shining on them, which shows them at their brightest. Now I think I'd know, if I were to buy from them, to buy a few shades lighter than I'd like as in reality it will be darker.

As I said, I love the color, and even if it is a tad darker, it will still be lovely especially knowing that your preference runs a bit to the darker side, right?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1360782524|3379287 said:
I'm relieved to hear that you have bought from them in the past. I bought several stones from them and found them all to be considerably darker in hand. I ended up setting one, sending one back, selling one, and have been trying to sell the other. Its not that their photos are not accurate, its just that they are taken with bright light shining on them, which shows them at their brightest. Now I think I'd know, if I were to buy from them, to buy a few shades lighter than I'd like as in reality it will be darker.

As I said, I love the color, and even if it is a tad darker, it will still be lovely especially knowing that your preference runs a bit to the darker side, right?
I've heard other people say that too. That their stones tend to be darker in real life.

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bought some small stones from them, and I found that their photos accurately represented the color. The photos looked just like the stones do in diffuse, overcast natural light. Just my limited experience and I'm sure the accuracy could vary depending on the photo and gem.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the photo of it but my only hesitation is the funky stuff going on under the table. Hopefully it's just the photographer's greasy fingerprints!

Can't wait to hear your reiew.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I"m eager to see it myself. I"ve also returned things in the past and they are quite gracious about it, so I thought this tsav was worth seeing in person :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got it today! First impressions: great med dark green with hint of blue color, lovely cushiony shape, inclusions aren't really noticeable or distracting. Cut isn't picture perfect but very good with lots of color. Faces up a bit bigger than my barry tsav. Keeper!

Will post pics later.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I"m taking macro photos, I can see why john described it as lightly included, there is definitely some stuff in there, but it's not distracting for me, and the color is vivid and deep enough that I don't really mind.

img_3999.jpg

img_4007.jpg

img_4022.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
for perspective

img_4027.jpg

img_4029.jpg

img_4032.jpg

img_4036.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With a friend, a 5.2ish mm tsav, also from John

img_595.jpg

img_4073.jpg

img_4075.jpg

img_4078.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and I recently got this setting from Freke, I think this stone is too small to fit, but thought it would like nice if it did. :)

img_4086.jpg

img_596.jpg

img_4097.jpg

img_4099.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's all the photos I have, lol, I still can't ever get the green to look right! Ah well.

Anyways, I think I"ll take it with my to work on Sunday and maybe pop by the jeweler to see if there's a possibility of making the setting work with stone, though I highly suspect it'll be too small. But if it doesn't, maybe I"ll set the two tsavs horizontally side by side into a band style ring. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results