shape
carat
color
clarity

New member with a new ring!

lucyruth

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I've lurked for a bit but this is my first post. I have been "bitten" by the diamond bug, I'm afraid! I've got a fascination with old rings, and am interested in Granat Bros. and Jabel, among others.

My latest acquisition is this Granat Bros. 900Plat/100Iridium ring. I don't know the age. I think the diamonds must be round brilliants, but honestly not real sure! i got it on ebay for $900, and I'm not even sure I did good or not! Opinions welcome either way!

The center diamond is 5mm, and the others vary and I think are single cuts. I was told VS1 and G color, but no real appraisal, other than a jeweler's opinion.

What do you all think?

DSC_1304.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very unique! Looks great in your finger. Enjoy and welcome to pricescope!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's beautiful! Seems like a good price for all that bling. That's a lot of finger coverage.

I inherited a JABEL from a great aunt but it's tucked away in a safe deposit box now. There are a couple of pictures of it at the end of the first thread in this section. I think it's beautiful but it looks more like a wedding ring than an engagement ring because it's kind of boxy. The center diamond just blends in with the rest of the ring.

liz

lucyruth

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the welcome! I've looked at that Jabel ring in the first thread - wonderful to have a beautiful ring with a story to go with it!
This is the most diamond I've had - everything else has been small stones, so this is huge for me. Still trying out wearing it alone vs with a wedding band (which incidentally is Jabel!)

I got started on Granat Bros. because of an anniversary band I found - the stones are the most perfectly set of any ring I've ever seen even tho they're petite, so I was smitten, being a hyper-perfectionist unfortunately.

Anyway, I do wish I knew more about this ring. The main stone is illusion set so looks a little bigger. I think it's a keeper.

Thanks for letting me share my new ring!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring and as mentioned by other: some serious finger coverage! Congrats. :twirl:

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
That's a lovely ring. The price seems fair.

lucyruth

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, good to know the price seems okay. It fits me, a little big. It's a 6 3/4 and I wear a 6.5 or a tad under. It spins a bit now but thought I'd wait to see how it fits in hot weather. Resizing would probably remove the granat mark. I'm liking it - would not have bought it except for the maker, but now it's really grown on me.

mylittlepretties

Rough_Rock
Congrats on your new ring! If it is Granat, it is probably very nice quality.

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
lucyruth,

If it's still spinning during the summer, maybe you could have sizing beads put in, or there's some sort of sizing bar, instead of having metal removed. There should be options for you that wouldn't result in your losing the hallmark.

I think you did very well. Look on ebay at what you get for about that price and I think you'll find that there won't be many (if any) things that you like better for that cost or much less, and you'll probably see items that you don't like nearly as well for lots more money.

It's a "find" and a real bonus that you love it.

liz

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really lovely!

mama_monkey

Rough_Rock
Wow! :love:
AND $900!! :appl:

great work!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
ok seriously how did I miss this! Great find for $900- I'm super impressed!

And I love the shank of that ring- so swoon worthy! :love:

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Thread is almost a year old...

liz

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results