shape
carat
color
clarity

Do we have any PERFUME LOVERS on PS?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Any perfumistas, budding or fully grown, on PS?

I vaguely remember miss lorelei being one, but she's not been around for ages.

Tell me what you're wearing these days, o fragrant ones!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Meeeeeeeeeee!!! I wear a lot of Tocade (casual) and L'Air du desert Marocain (fancy dinners or parties) in winter. Both are spicy and vanilla-filled and they warm me up. Sometimes I mix it up and wear Hypnose. In Spring I'll wear a lot of Yardley April Violets (the original, not the reformulation) and all summer I wear Dior's Eau Sauvage - yes, the men's perfume! :sun: In the realllll dog days of August I wear Guerlain Vetiver. I am far more attracted to men's perfumes than women's. I am dying to buy Frederick Malle's Lipstick Rose but it's hard to justify the price when I know I won't get too much wear out of it... I wish they sold it in a smaller and cheaper bottle. I recently tried on Delices de Cartier and it damn near gave me a toothache. What a terribly sweet perfume!!!

What are you wearing nowadays?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Wow rubyshoes, you know your stuff!

I have two Andy Ts: Auburn and Un Rose Vermeile. Love them both, but Un Rose is more of a challenging scent to wear. Pungent dry down.

I haven't tried Lipstick Rose but I love malle's Carnal Flower. I adore how it's green on first sniff, then the flowers come in. Incredible.

My go tos this winter have been donna Karen black cashmere, Tom ford tobacco vanille and Diptyque eau Duelle. Vanilla heaven.

I'm intrigued about the Cartier: I quite like sugar, as long as it's not too cloying.

Have you tried the Hermessence line?

D

Deactivated member 42515

I looooove perfume!!! I've always worn chanel chance. But will mix it with other perfumes depending on the season. Chanel chance and my body chemicals mix well together. Tried Armani a long time ago and it made me smell like rank foot! But I gave it to my friend and she smelled wonderful!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I've been wanting to try Tom Ford!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
YT|1360345761|3375333 said:
I've been wanting to try Tom Ford!

Oh you should. Some great gourmands there. All seem to have great longevity, which in my books is absolutely mandatory if the perfumes are expensive.

I wear both tobacco vanille and black orchid. My husband wears Extreme and steals my black orchid :lol:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Rosetta, Andy T is a genius! I love him :)) Malle definitely does diva perfumes ;-) I have a Carnal Flower sample, it is v good but it doesn't go with my personality. Reg. Cartier, I like sugar too but Delices is OTT sugary! I don't think I have ever smelled anything thaaaat sweet :D I have not tried Hermessence. My comfort zone is vanillic perfumes and men's perfumes...but I am trying to not buy anything that fits in it. This is why despite my love of Keiko Mecheri's Loukhoum I haven't bought it yet. I am hunting for a good gardenia soliflore though. Estee Lauder came out with Tuberose Gardenia but it just felt horrible on me. I don't have any 'big white tropical floral' and I'd like one.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I haven't logged into or posted on PS in forever, but this topic is right in my wheelhouse, so I couldn't resist responding!

I love perfume like the rest of you all! I love the Frederic Malle line as well, with my favorites being L'Eau D'hiver and Lys Mediteranee. (I really need to try Carnal Flower). I also love many of the Chanel fragrances, particularly those in their Les Exclusifs line (28 La Pausa, Bel Respiro, and Bois des Iles are stand-outs for me). Other brands I like are: Annick Goutal, Hermes, and Parfums de Nicolai.

Rosetta: I have tried a few of the fragrances in the Hermessence line, and I love many of them. Vanille Galante is my favorite of the bunch. Santal Massoia is also very well done, as are Vetiver Tonka, and Iris Ukoiye.

Rubyshoes: Have you tried the Chanel Gardenia? It really is lovely, and well worth giving a whirl.

I tried some of Andy Tauer's fragrances years ago, but I think the couple that I sampled contained incense which doesn't work well with my skin. I may give them another try since you all speak so highly of them.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
One drop, try Tauer's Auburn and Un Rose Chypre. Totally different from each other. Auburn is from the Pentachord series, only has five ingredients in it. I really must try LADDM at some point. Ive heard rave reviews.

From the Hermessence line, I liked ambre narguile and Osmanthus Yunnan. If I can find two more I like, I'm going to get the travel set. I didn't care for vanilla galante, but that's because I like my vanilla foody and full on.

I feel guilty about having more perfume than I can use in the next 2-3 years already. But I just keep buying more! :halo:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
rubyshoes|1360347123|3375356 said:
Rosetta, Andy T is a genius! I love him :)) Malle definitely does diva perfumes ;-) I have a Carnal Flower sample, it is v good but it doesn't go with my personality. Reg. Cartier, I like sugar too but Delices is OTT sugary! I don't think I have ever smelled anything thaaaat sweet :D I have not tried Hermessence. My comfort zone is vanillic perfumes and men's perfumes...but I am trying to not buy anything that fits in it. This is why despite my love of Keiko Mecheri's Loukhoum I haven't bought it yet. I am hunting for a good gardenia soliflore though. Estee Lauder came out with Tuberose Gardenia but it just felt horrible on me. I don't have any 'big white tropical floral' and I'd like one.

Have you tried Fracas by Robert Piguet? It's full in tuberose and jasmine but I adore it. It's not for the faint hearted. I actually liked the white flowers in two bottles I purchased recently: Creed Love in White and Amouage Honour Woman. I wouldn't call them big and tropical, they are more quietly beautiful. I think maybe you should try on Chantecaille's Frangipane for size. Doesn't JAR have a gardenia fragrance?

I must try Loukhoum. I have way too many vanillas but why not one more? :cheeky:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I am the opposite - a complete perfume newbie. Before having kids I loved wearing Marc Jacob' gardenia one.

I'd love to start wearing again. Any advice on how to get started?

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1360351312|3375440 said:
One drop, try Tauer's Auburn and Un Rose Chypre. Totally different from each other. Auburn is from the Pentachord series, only has five ingredients in it. I really must try LADDM at some point. Ive heard rave reviews.

From the Hermessence line, I liked ambre narguile and Osmanthus Yunnan. If I can find two more I like, I'm going to get the travel set. I didn't care for vanilla galante, but that's because I like my vanilla foody and full on.

I feel guilty about having more perfume than I can use in the next 2-3 years already. But I just keep buying more! :halo:

Thanks for the AT recommendations Rosetta! I will give those two a try. As for the Hermessence OY, I really want to try that one! I got the gift set for Christmas last year (OY wasn't available), and have used the ones in the set so I've got to stock up again, and this time I'll add the OY.

I had a lot of perfumes sitting around waiting to be worn myself, but I have scaled back a lot recently. The backlog happened because I was doing a lot of un-sniffed purchasing, which most times backfired on me, so I had to go cold turkey for a while to weed out the misses that were sitting in my perfume container. Luckily, I have found a lot of avenues for purchasing samples so I can avoid breaking the bank on fragrances that don't work for me.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
I would say I have a bit of a perfume collection... some of my recent favs:

Chopard Madness-- need to smell it for yourself, I have no idea
Serge Lutens Chergui and don't discount Un Bois Vanille-- it's not your run of the mill vanilla
Narciso Rodriguez for Her Intense-- musky and odd...but very comforting for me
Hermes Eau des Merveilles-- very woody but fresh (citrus) unlike some woody scents.... and Un Jardin Sur Li Nil
Prada Candy-- a fun sweet perfume that dries to very different scents
Givenchy Organza Indecence-- super spicy and cinnamon

... Frederic Malle Carnal Flower is new to me. I like it but I'm not sure the floral base

I have several Chanel because my grandmother would always buy them for me but really... I don't love any of the ones I have.

As for my "wishlist"...I really want Diptyque's Philosykos but I missed the recent HauteLook sale and refuse to pay full price for something I haven't sniffed. It gets great reviews for a fig. That and Bottega Veneta, and Tom Ford Black Orchid. I've gotten two Bottega Veneta samples that I've used up but I can't pull the trigger for some reason.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1360352963|3375475 said:
I am the opposite - a complete perfume newbie. Before having kids I loved wearing Marc Jacob' gardenia one.

Rosebloom, try some of the perfume forums and blogs to get an idea of what you might like and then you can purchase samples inexpensively or go to the stores and ask for a sample if you are lucky enough to like what they have in the stores.

One of my favorite perfume sites is luckyscent.com and they have great descriptions of their perfumes. You can purchase samples of all their perfumes.

I also like the perfume blog "Now Smell This"
http://www.nstperfume.com/
I also like Scent Notes and fragrantica and Bois de Jasmin
http://boisdejasmin.com/

Anyway that should get you started. Good luck and happy smelling!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Yup. Get yourself a White Florals sample pack from a site like The perfumed Court or Surrender to Chance. Don't buy a full bottle without sampling first, or you'll end up with something you don't like at all. A bottle of perfume you loathe will never be used.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Ms P|1360354569|3375498 said:
I would say I have a bit of a perfume collection... some of my recent favs:

Chopard Madness-- need to smell it for yourself, I have no idea
Serge Lutens Chergui and don't discount Un Bois Vanille-- it's not your run of the mill vanilla
Narciso Rodriguez for Her Intense-- musky and odd...but very comforting for me
Hermes Eau des Merveilles-- very woody but fresh (citrus) unlike some woody scents.... and Un Jardin Sur Li Nil
Prada Candy-- a fun sweet perfume that dries to very different scents
Givenchy Organza Indecence-- super spicy and cinnamon

... Frederic Malle Carnal Flower is new to me. I like it but I'm not sure the floral base

I have several Chanel because my grandmother would always buy them for me but really... I don't love any of the ones I have.

As for my "wishlist"...I really want Diptyque's Philosykos but I missed the recent HauteLook sale and refuse to pay full price for something I haven't sniffed. It gets great reviews for a fig. That and Bottega Veneta, and Tom Ford Black Orchid. I've gotten two Bottega Veneta samples that I've used up but I can't pull the trigger for some reason.

I have Un Bois Vanille and NR Musc intense in my collection, and I'm picking up Un Jardin sur de nil in duty free next week.

Philosykos is a green fig leaf, not the sweet fig. Definitely try before you buy. It's not for me, but I appreciate it as a fab scent.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone tried any of the JAR fragrances?

imspecializd

Rough_Rock
I've always wanted to find my "signature" scent.

But, so many perfumes give me a headache, I am sensitive to synthetic fragrances. I love natural fragrances and currently wear a dilution of rose absolute in jojoba oil.

I've tried some samples of all natural perfumes but haven't found the "one" yet.

Does anyone have recommendations for all natural perfumes?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
imspecializd|1360356486|3375535 said:

But, so many perfumes give me a headache, I am sensitive to synthetic fragrances. I love natural fragrances and currently wear a dilution of rose absolute in jojoba oil.

I've tried some samples of all natural perfumes but haven't found the "one" yet.

Well, not sure you will like this but I spray it before bed. It's the La Vanila brand. I like their vanilla lavender. Very soothing.

http://www.lavanila.com/

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1360355601|3375522 said:

Yup. Get yourself a White Florals sample pack from a site like The perfumed Court or Surrender to Chance. Don't buy a full bottle without sampling first, or you'll end up with something you don't like at all. A bottle of perfume you loathe will never be used.

As an aside Rosetta, do you know the drama that occurred re Surrender to Chance vs The Perfumed Court? Hopefully it's all good now but man it was unpleasant. And it affected their customers orders as in getting backed up and delayed but I believe it's back on track now.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
imspecializd|1360356486|3375535 said:

Yup. I think you should see if you like anything from Honore des Pres:

http://honoredespres.com/en/100-natural.html

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
missy|1360356821|3375538 said:
rosetta|1360355601|3375522 said:

As an aside Rosetta, do you know the drama that occurred re Surrender to Chance vs The Perfumed Court? Hopefully it's all good now but man it was unpleasant. And it affected their customers orders as in getting backed up and delayed but I believe it's back on track now.

Oh dear, what happened?? I never had any problems, but I haven't ordered from them in the last 2 months or so.

imspecializd

Rough_Rock
Thanks Missy and Rosetta, I will check both those sites out! :wavey: :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1360357151|3375543 said:

Oh dear, what happened?? I never had any problems, but I haven't ordered from them in the last 2 months or so.

Oh, it happened way before that. I cannot remember now but well over a year ago I would guess. They started out as one company- The Perfumed Court that consisted of 3 women but then there was quite the falling out and difficult breakup with each side being unpleasant to the other and other things which I don't care to mention in this thread. If you are interested in more details you should be able to find out from google. It was a very unhappy and IMO unprofessional situation and it caused me to stop ordering from them for a long time. Though I did recently order something from them and it was all OK.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
imspecializd|1360357603|3375548 said:
Thanks Missy and Rosetta, I will check both those sites out! :wavey: :wavey:

Enjoy!!!! (I know what you mean about some perfumes giving you headaches and other reactions. I am sensitive to many scents and when I smell them it makes me ill and gives me a headache as well).

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
missy|1360357649|3375550 said:
rosetta|1360357151|3375543 said:

Oh, it happened way before that. I cannot remember now but well over a year ago I would guess. They started out as one company- The Perfumed Court that consisted of 3 women but then there was quite the falling out and difficult breakup with each side being unpleasant to the other and other things which I don't care to mention in this thread. If you are interested in more details you should be able to find out from google. It was a very unhappy and IMO unprofessional situation and it caused me to stop ordering from them for a long time. Though I did recently order something from them and it was all OK.

Goodness, what a drama! I'm glad it has all settled down now. Did you get anything you liked in your recent order? :naughty:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
The only perfume that ever gave me a headache was Pleasures. Weirdly, my friend's mom is allergic to almost all perfumes except Pleasures (!) so I gave her the full bottle I had... I would hate to be allergic to my favorites!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
rubyshoes|1360361946|3375604 said:
The only perfume that ever gave me a headache was Pleasures. Weirdly, my friend's mom is allergic to almost all perfumes except Pleasures (!) so I gave her the full bottle I had... I would hate to be allergic to my favorites!

Pleasures gives me a headache too. And my mother used to wear it LOL!

Ok ladies (and lurking gents)

What's your top five favourite fragrances of all time?

I'm cooking my list up now....

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not very clever or trendy with my scents, but the 2 that really appeal to me and I love spritzing on me, on the w/e's (we have a no scent policy at work.. rats...) are Light Blue by D&G and Coach - the original scent. It must be the lily of the valley in there that gets me?? I don't know what it is, but they seem light and fresh and remind me of ocean breezes and are not cloying at all.

WisH I was as educated in the ways of scents as you ladies are!! AND --- I wish i could WEAR scent at work, but we can't.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I am, kinda. I like perfume but tend to be allergic to a lot of them. Especially any one you can easily buy it seems like! Right now I'm wearing Trish 9, Blackberry and Vanilla Musk. I love the smell of L'artisan Papillons but it doesn't last at all on me. Next I want to try (again) Perfect Nectar. I even have my own website about perfumes: www.celebrityfragranceguide.com It's just for fun and I hardly have any time to keep up with it but I've been doing it for years.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results