shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
pavelover|1360027415|3372357 said:
Hugs Littlefirecracker! It's a scary time all the way around. When I went for my transfer the dr said how good my embryos were. I asked him if that changed how many he would place and he said no.ultimately it was up to us but we trusted him. Some might not agree but we put 4(I'm 41). So we ended up with twins but what could we have done differently? Who's to say which embryos were the good ones?
Try not to worry or panic before its time. I have come to terms a bit more over the past months thank goodness. I try to tell myself there is a plan for us.
I'm not sure any of this is helpful but I hope somehow it was. Hugs again.

Pave,

I don't think you could have done much differently. I looked at your multiple thread. It looks like you are getting ready and getting pretty close to the big day! I know there is not much I can do now, I am just really hoping I am pregnant.

Tammy, it looks like my HCG is out on FR HPT. It was day nine past trigger. That didn't seem to take long.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Let the poas obsession begin! :D I'm crossing everything for you and hoping it comes back ASAP!

I'm laying low for a bit. Have managed to terrify myself about miscarriage rates despite my good beta stats. Dr. Google is the devil! :devil:

Bella, I'm so sorry to hear that af arrived. :( I hope your acupuncture gets you back on track!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck LTF! If my math is correct, you are about 7 days past "ovulation" (i.e., when the eggs were fertilized), so fingers crossed you see some lines on your sticks in 2-3 days!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dust dust dust to LtlFirecracker!!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Sending tons of dust, luck, positive vibes, etc. your way, Ltl!!!!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Firstly, here's Ltl's daily dose of super sticky baby dust!!! ~*~*~*~*~

Second, here's Tammy's daily dose of embarrassing questions, sigh! :oops:

Okay girls, I don't know where to put it, but I know a lot of former LTTC ladies that have graduated still frequent the thread so I hope it's okay to put this here.

My coordinator at my RE's office (she's an RN, not the RE) told me that I have to go on pelvic rest (no dtd or o's) until my first sono. She cited the reason of not wanting to have any "jarring/jogging motion to the embryo, and we don’t want to mess with implantation."

Yet everything I read on the internet says that sex, etc. during pregnancy is fine and won't cause a miscarriage. So what gives? Obviously if it's sound advice, I'll follow it...but if not, I'd rather not avoid intimacy with my DH for 3 weeks over a blanket statement that doesn't seem to even apply to my situation. I'm stressed out while I wait for my sono...I can't drink wine, I can't drink coffee...now they're taking away my o's too?!?!?! :angryfire: How's a girl supposed to get any stress relief around here?! :lol:

So if you don't mind sharing, what advice were you given by your RE and if it was to abstain, what reason did they give you? TIA for answering my embarrassing TMI question. :oops:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
tammy77|1360186686|3373890 said:
Firstly, here's Ltl's daily dose of super sticky baby dust!!! ~*~*~*~*~

Second, here's Tammy's daily dose of embarrassing questions, sigh! :oops:

Okay girls, I don't know where to put it, but I know a lot of former LTTC ladies that have graduated still frequent the thread so I hope it's okay to put this here.

My coordinator at my RE's office (she's an RN, not the RE) told me that I have to go on pelvic rest (no dtd or o's) until my first sono. She cited the reason of not wanting to have any "jarring/jogging motion to the embryo, and we don’t want to mess with implantation."

Yet everything I read on the internet says that sex, etc. during pregnancy is fine and won't cause a miscarriage. So what gives? Obviously if it's sound advice, I'll follow it...but if not, I'd rather not avoid intimacy with my DH for 3 weeks over a blanket statement that doesn't seem to even apply to my situation. I'm stressed out while I wait for my sono...I can't drink wine, I can't drink coffee...now they're taking away my o's too?!?!?! :angryfire: How's a girl supposed to get any stress relief around here?! :lol:

So if you don't mind sharing, what advice were you given by your RE and if it was to abstain, what reason did they give you? TIA for answering my embarrassing TMI question. :oops:

I wasn't LTTC or seen by an RE. But I was planning on going to Disney World right about the time I hoped I'd get a BFP. I asked my OB about it and she said I was totally fine to go on any rides, because embryos implant pretty firmly. I told her I was worried about a ride dislodging it or something and she just laughed. So if I was cleared to go on rollercoasters, I'd think DTD would be fine...unless your husband has special skills I'm not aware of :lol:

BUT I wasn't under the care of an RE, so take that with a grain of salt.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
LOL amc, thanks for chiming in! No unusually special skills here that would be more jostling than a ride at Disneyland, but don't tell him I said that! :lol:

icekid

Ideal_Rock
LtlFirecracker|1360115184|3373186 said:
Tammy, it looks like my HCG is out on FR HPT. It was day nine past trigger. That didn't seem to take long.

Lurking.. just wanted to say HI Ltl, and thinking of you! Really really hopeful this will be it for you.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
No RE, but our doc did advise no action for the first little while, too. We didn't question it and likely wouldn't have been doing it anyway. It wasn't worth whatever risk (if any) to us. That said, I was extremely distraught when we lost Miracle and the docs went overboard (if there is such a thing) on giving me as many guidelines as they could to help me feel like I was doing all I could to keep on growing this kiddo. I went on progesterone though my numbers were fine; again it can't hurt, only help, so I was game.

I have lots of friends who had intimacy during the first little bit... I think it's a personal choice more than an issue relating to working with an RE or not.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tammy, I wasn't seeing an RE but my doc always said business as usual in the sex and exercise department.

Firecracker, thinking of you and hoping for good news soon!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Thinking of you, Ltl! Can't wait to hear an update from you soon. :))

Pupp, Fisher, thank you for chiming in. I think it is/was really important for me to not feel like I had to treat my body like it's going to break. I'm happy to say that as Pupp said, "business as usual" is just fine. No bleeding, no cramping. I feel oddly fine except for a little boob tenderness, my requisite 1:00 nap and 9:30 bedtime. I can't remember if I mentioned this yet, but I did move my u/s up to Friday the 15th at 6w0d. I know it's unlikely that we'll find the hb but if I'm measuring correctly I'm not going to worry (ha!).

Anyhow, sorry to ramble. It stinks when it takes so long to get pregnant because you're always waiting for bad news. I need to have faith, hope and love as the priest said last week in mass. Timely advice to take to heart!

So wishing faith, hope and love to you all too.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Tammy, others have already chimed in on this, but everything I've read or heard is that unless you are for some reason considered high risk due to spotting or some other condition, that there are no restrictions. We chose to abstain in the beginning because I had isolated spotting immediately after getting BFP and again during week 5. And then by the time, we were no longer worried about a miscarriage, DH was weirded out by the idea and thought he might somehow hurt the baby (which is of course not true). Anyway, I think you are good to go if you are up for it. Glad to hear you are making an effort to be optimistic and positive. I too often fell prey to the worry and anxiety and just waiting for the other shoe to drop while I was pregnant, which took away from the joy I should have been feeling.

So happy to hear things are going well. As far as the ultrasound, I was really tempted to go in earlier too, but my NP insisted I wait until the middle of the 6th week when heart activity could/should be detected because otherwise I would have just had to come in again a week later. But I totally understand where you are coming from.

Firecracker, I'm thinking of you. I want this to be it for you SO badly! And don't second guess your decision to transer two. You did the best with what information you had at that time, and if both of them implant, well, then they were both just meant to be. Thoughts and prayers headed your way!

Bright, hope you are having/have a great trip, and I can't wait to follow your IVF journey. Lots of good things happening in this thread, and I hope you are able to continue that trend!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone, and thanks for all the dust

Tammy - Tammy if it was not for the IVF I would not be modifying my activity as much as I am. I am only doing so because my ovaries are still enlarged. Otherwise I would still be running :). It is probably better that the US is later. I know you would probably stress more if they could not see the HB yet.

Icekid - Hi :wavey:, I saw you are pregnant again. Congrats!

CurlySue - thank you

Dreamer - I have not tested since I tested out the HCG, but your math is correct. BTW - LOVE your ring!

MP - Thank you. I so want this to be it too.

AFM - the Woflows are at the post office, and my DH did not pick them up at the post office today. I am guessing it is still too early to test. I am thinking maybe start Sat morning??? Not much else to report.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ltl, I'm crossing everything that you have wonderful news in a few days. That's great news about your frosties too! (Is that the correct terminology?)

Tammy, I totally understand your concerns, especially since it took so long to get KU. But your betas are terrific, which should bring you some comfort. As for dtd early on, I don't remember being advised against it but I was on progesterone & just felt icky, then stressed about the other stuff, so I wasn't too tempted anyway. I would say you're ok either way.

Bella, so sorry about AF. I hope you can get back to acupuncture soon. I haven't been in ages either but will try to start again after vacation. It seems to help with stress.

Sha, hope you're doing well!

Ice kid, congrats on your pregnancy!

Greg, welcome! Thanks for sharing your story. I'm so glad you've found such a wonderful surrogate & that you & your partner have been able to build your family. I'm so sorry to hear about your losses though. It's such a heartbreaking thing to endure. Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm sure it's difficult to deal with worry, especially after the prior losses, but that's great news that you're out of the first trimester. Good thoughts coming your way-you'll meet your new angel in a few months!

Pave, good to see you. I hope you're doing well & sounds like you're doing a great job to prepare for your twins.

Mp, thanks for the continued support. Hugs.

Jgator, thanks again for checking in & so sorry not to have responded to the SA thread. Maybe I'll do a trip update instead. I really appreciated your advice.

Hi to all of the other grads!

Afm, we leave for vacation today! We had our pre ivf blood draw & another SA yesterday & a consult with the financial people. I was a bit frustrated with the (new) RE office as they didn't seem as organized as last time. We did get the SA results within hours, though. (The blood work will take longer). Apparently the SA still wasn't great but good enough for IVF purposes but doc said dh might have a prostate infection (!) & it needed to be dealt with asap. So we had to run around & got him an antibiotic before our flight only to find out it could wait until we got home. Ugh. Also I started bleeding again 2 days ago even though I'm still on the pill. This intermittent bleeding has been so frustrating but even more so for vacation. The options presented to me to deal with it weren't great either (stop pill & have full bleed or continue with spotting).

So we have an appointment to go for a nurse visit to coordinate the IVF cycle when we get back. I'm hoping our reproductive organs enjoy a nice vacation (and the rest of us too!) & are on track soon! I'm almost out of wondfo's. I guess I should order more but I'm so irritated at having nearly exhausted my 50 pack.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Bright - Have fun on your vacation. Your recent experience with the RE office sounds frustrating. I hope things no more smoothly when you get back with them. I will be thinking of you on your IVF journey.

AFM - Well the Wondfo is negative, but the FR has had a VERY faint line for the last 2 days. Too faint to capture with my iphone camera. I am going to be buying some more more FRs today. Guess it is too be continued....

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Firecracker!!! I'm so excited to hear that! I had lines on FRER before the Wondfos too. Lots of sticky dust to you!!!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Fingers crossed Firecracker! I'll be patiently waiting to hear!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Oohhhh SO excited and hopeful for you, Ltl!!! Keep us posted! Frer (well, answer actually) were way more visible for me too. Wondfos were positive, but showed up at or a little after the 10 min mark the first 2-3 days. Crossing everything and praying so hard that this is it for you!!!

Bright, have a fantastic vacation cause when you get back, you're on deck! :bigsmile:

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
OK - I can't believe I am actually posting this, after all these months.

On the Wondfo, maybe I saw something.

But look at the FRER, is this MY pregnancy test?????

hpt.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: LtlFirecracker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How amazing to have so much good news on this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2013 is off to a great start :appl:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Firecracker, um, yes, that is YOUR bfp!!! I couldn't be happier for you! Now the question is whether you have one or two little miracles in there! Wishing you a healthy 9 months and sending you loads of sticky dust!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I have goosebumps and happy tears, my dear YOU are PREGNANT! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I'm so very happy for you!! Exciting!!!!! :appl: praying for sticky baby (or two - ha!) dust for you and congratulations!!! Woohoo!!! Have fun watching those tests get darker and darker! ;))

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Firecracker, that is definitely a BFP! Woohoo, I'm so happy for you! Congrats mama! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Tons of sticky dust to you!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Firecracker, I am thrilled for you. Congratulations Mommy! :appl: Sending truckloads of sticky dust your way.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firecracker! That's for real! I'm so so happy for you!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
firecracker! Congratulations this is just too exciting. I'm so happy for all of the good news here. sticky dust everyone!!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Pavelover, Puppmom, JGator, S&I, Tammy, and MP for all the sweet and kind congrats :)).

I am just taking it one small victory at a time. I know I have a long way to go before I am out of the woods with this. Tomorrow, I am just hoping for a darker line. Wednesday I want a good HCG, and Friday I want it to double. Than I got 3 weeks until US to find out how many I have.

But hey, I have never had a pink line before, so I know this is huge.

And now I can say it. I have had all sorts of signs that this one was different. The cramps are different. I got the lower back pain and it seemed more severe. I am sure I can think of more, but it is nice to know that things were really different and that I just was not reading into everything too much.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Forgot to say thanks to Bella too, and I hope 2013 brings wonderful things for you too!

Tammy, I am hoping we can be preggos in waiting buddies.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay LtlFirecracker!! I am so happy for you. I hope for a smooth and uneventful next nine months!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results