shape
carat
color
clarity

VC Emilya Halo w Single Cut, Multi-Row Pave **PIC OVERLOAD**

So here's the deal. Part of me is slightly embarrassed to be revealing yet another setting in this forum. That said, who am I kidding - there is no WAY I would be able to resist sharing my new dream setting with all of you who have supported me so much throughout this crazy reset journey! :lol:

I'll spare you the back story - you can read the update in my last thread - but I finally listened to my gut, and I am now the extremely ecstatic owner of a cushion Emilya halo with single cut pave by Victor Canera (the setting that I originally wanted).

Let me tell you, this ring is ridiculously gorgeous, and I seriously cannot stop looking at it!!! Victor suggested that I add a row of pave to the profile of the halo, and I couldn't be happier with this decision. The setting is still extremely delicate (which is often forgotten with all of these macro shots that we all love so much), and it just sparkles from every angle. I definitely wanted to go with a pave donut, so I had Victor make a custom spacer as well. The plan is to order a matching pave eternity band as soon as my bank account recovers from the abuse I've put it through lately. :wink2:

A recap on the stone - 2.4ct (8.75mm)/OEC recut/H/SI2. And now...onto the pics. Brace yourself - I went crazy once again! :naughty:

I'll begin with the two pro shots that Victor provided, along with a picture of the box (which is extremely nice, BTW).

vcpic2.jpg

vcpic1.jpg

img_8666.jpg

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Re: VC Emilya Halo w Single Cut, Multi-Row Pave **PIC OVERLO

img_8640.jpg

img_8643.jpg

img_8629.jpg

img_8630.jpg

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock

img_546.jpg

img_8783.jpg

img_8819.jpg

img_8820.jpg

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock

img_8767.jpg

img_8764.jpg

img_8773.jpg

img_8860.jpg

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock

img_8706.jpg

img_8623.jpg

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock

...and now the spacer.

img_8653.jpg

img_8655.jpg

img_8656.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

It's gorgeous! I'm so happy that you found "the one" so to speak. You have owned three spectacular rings by two brilliant artists in the last year. Lucky lady!

In this more modern setting, are you still happy that you recut your stone?

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock

I don't love this first pic, but I want you to see how delicate this ring is IRL - it is in no way chunky, clunky or any of those other things that I was terrified of while waiting for the ring to be completed. :lol:

_3526.jpg

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock

_3530.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

It's beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Love the delicateness of it and I love the wedding bad that fits snug.
You know I still love your old setting, I really do, I cannot lie. But you gotta be happy cuz you're gonna be the one wearing it! Who cares how many times you've changed your setting, we are at a jewelry forum for jewelery enthusiasts! Now, what gonna happen to your old one? Have you decided?

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock

Rosebloom|1360044466|3372569 said:
It's gorgeous! I'm so happy that you found "the one" so to speak. You have owned three spectacular rings by two brilliant artists in the last year. Lucky lady!

In this more modern setting, are you still happy that you recut your stone?

I am still thrilled with my recut stone - it was honestly one of the best decisions I've made on this journey! The single cut melee on the VC halo goes perfectly with my stone. I love it!!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock

YT|1360044983|3372573 said:
It's beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Love the delicateness of it and I love the wedding bad that fits snug.
You know I still love your old setting, I really do, I cannot lie. But you gotta be happy cuz you're gonna be the one wearing it! Who cares how many times you've changed your setting, we are at a jewelry forum for jewelery enthusiasts! Now, what gonna happen to your old one? Have you decided?

Thanks, YT! The last setting was most definitely stunning, but I can't deny that I should have stuck to my initial instincts from the start. My friend once said to me that she couldn't find a single thing "wrong" with her ring, and that really stuck with me. I now understand what she was saying, because I finally feel the same way!

I think I'm going to have to sell my Single Stone setting. I really want to keep it as a RHR, but I don't think I can justify it financially. I'll probably start with Diamond Bistro and then maybe consider consignment depending how things go.

D

Deactivated member 42515

twosanguinehearts said:
YT|1360044983|3372573 said:

Thanks, YT! The last setting was most definitely stunning, but I can't deny that I should have stuck to my initial instincts from the start. My friend once said to me that she couldn't find a single thing "wrong" with her ring, and that really stuck with me. I now understand what she was saying, because I finally feel the same way!

I think I'm going to have to sell my Single Stone setting. I really want to keep it as a RHR, but I don't think I can justify it financially. I'll probably start with Diamond Bistro and then maybe consider consignment depending how things go.
Oh how I wish I could buy your ring! It would be a dream come true!!!!

Diamond_Bride

Rough_Rock

Wow your ring is breath taking! It screams elegance :appl:

fige

Rough_Rock
Premium

Beautiful! I'm having a two row halo made, and now I'm even more impatient! Any chance you could post a pic of the detail showing where the two rows of pave meet?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh... My... Gosh... It's flipping BEAUTIFUL!! :love: :love:
And I don't think I have ever seen diamonds on a donut before?? It's just breathtaking & I bet it's even more so IRL :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Wow, it looks so classy and beautiful!

imspecializd

Rough_Rock

twosanguinehearts|1360043742|3372561 said:

Simply amazing!!! I love these hand shots-they really show how delicate the pave work is. So bright too! Congrats on getting your dream setting!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

GORGEOUS! Coming from someone who has a VC Emilya I have to say I puffy heart LOVE the changes you made to the orginal version!!! The second row of pave is just swoon worthy and I love how your OEC fits into the cushion halo. Honestly just stunning! I think this is my favorite version so far!!!!!!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love your new VC halo! It's beautifully done!

Quick question--does the spacer stay put next to the halo? Just wondering if it moves around on your hand while wearing it. Thanks!

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock

Diamond_Bride|1360051253|3372600 said:
Wow your ring is breath taking! It screams elegance :appl:

It really is breath-taking and elegant. I love everything about it! :love: Congrats!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Just STUNNING!!! It is gorgeous (and it was in the last setting, too, tee hee!) but this is spectacular and I'm so glad that YOU are happy with it!! It is perfect on your hand - it is so delicate and well executed that it just seems so elegant on you!!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful ring and the pics --- enjoy!!!

(and get that baby out in the SUNLIGHT!!! we need fire and sparkle pics!!) :lickout:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oopsie! I admit I didn't read through your post and just ogled at the pics and didn't realize that was a spacer! It was also just before bedtime and my brain was shutting down. But that's an awesome awesome spacer!

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oooo! I am SO happy to hear you have finally found a setting that you find nothing wrong with! lol! I have yet to get to that point, but it must feel exhilirating to be at that point!! I don't think u should feel any shame at all in sharing your changes here on PS because I think we are all looking/searching/dreaming for that forever setting and I can understand it is hard to find it without having worm it for awhile and then finding out later that it just isn't "IT"! We can't necessarily predict we will love it even though we think we will!

This new Emilya is for sure soo delicate, blingy, gorgeous! *sigh* DREAMY! :love: :love:

Congratulations! Wear it in good health! Stare at it, admire it! May it bring you lots and lots of happiness!! Looking very beautiful on your hand! Also, the spacer is an amazing touch!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I'm glad that you are perfectly happy with this setting for your gorgeous stone! That's the bottom line...that you love it. And, we are all so picky until we find the ring we were meant to have. I admit that I loved your SS setting, but this one is absolutely gorgeous too!

Wear it in much health and happiness!

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Victor's work is so perfect and beautiful...true works of art! :love: :love: :love: I will have to look back at the other setting, but this is outstanding. Many of us can relate to the setting journey. I would have never thought I'd be one to change settings THREE times, but until we get them on our finger, it is hard to know. And with each one, we figure out what we like best. I admire you for going ahead and getting what you really want. I was about to say to keep the old setting, but I personally wouldn't because it is too similar to this one to wear them both at the same time. Do you still have the first SS setting or did they take that one back?

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock

fige|1360058576|3372614 said:
Beautiful! I'm having a two row halo made, and now I'm even more impatient! Any chance you could post a pic of the detail showing where the two rows of pave meet?

Sure, I will take some additional pics when I get home today. You can see the transition in close-up photos, but in real life you can't actually see a distinct point where the two rows meet - rather than an "edge" there is just a nice, rounded effect that looks very elegant.

There is literally no metal showing on the head of this setting, with the exception of the prongs, and that is exactly what I wanted. Two lessons I learned with my previous settings are that I don't like to see metal, and I don't like a "flat" looking top on a ring! That's a personal preference though - to each his own!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1360083150|3372814 said:
Victor's work is so perfect and beautiful...true works of art! :love: :love: :love: I will have to look back at the other setting, but this is outstanding. Many of us can relate to the setting journey. I would have never thought I'd be one to change settings THREE times, but until we get them on our finger, it is hard to know. And with each one, we figure out what we like best. I admire you for going ahead and getting what you really want. I was about to say to keep the old setting, but I personally wouldn't because it is too similar to this one to wear them both at the same time. Do you still have the first SS setting or did they take that one back?

Victor is seriously one of the most talented artists I've encountered - the level of skill it takes to create something like this, and still have it be so very delicate, is just mind blowing!! You're right about it being hard to know until you get something on your finger. That's part of the risk of going the route of a custom setting, but I'm SO glad that I finally got it right!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock

mom2boys|1360070564|3372650 said:
I love your new VC halo! It's beautifully done!

Quick question--does the spacer stay put next to the halo? Just wondering if it moves around on your hand while wearing it. Thanks!

I haven't been wearing the ring and spacer together since I don't have the band yet, but I did test it out with some other rings I own and it seems to stay put when I have a full "set" on. The one factor that may work against me is that I think the rings are about a quarter size too large on me - I didn't consider how thin the shank is on this setting, and the ring does move around a lot on my finger right now. If they fit snugly, I think the spacer would stay put, so I'm hoping that this issue will be resolved when the warmer weather arrives this summer!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results