shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW I'm feeling FLY (gets me every time)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just got this FLY from Mark Broumand today. I live in LA so all it took was one quick trip downtown and BAM I've got a ring. I am one spoiled girl, lemme just tell you. It's a 1.02 ct set in 18k gold. The only CS that my DH has ever been impressed with was a yellow diamond. I've wanted one since I first laid eyes on a gingantor in Maui back in 2007, so basically this is kind of my holy grail ring.

img_7160.jpg

img_7180.jpg

img_7183.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a beautiful and tasteful ring. That is also the prettiest yellow cup I've seen. You just made me a Mark Broumand fan.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful!!!! :love: Love the details on the sides of the cup! Gosh, is this your Groundhog's Day gift a day early???

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh be still my heart!!! that is fantastic - the filigree work on that gold cup!! WOW!! :love:

Enjoy that beautiful pear ring, Athenaworth!! It is a STUNNER!!! WOW!! so perfect on your finger :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Really gorgeous..got me too!

cheers--Sharon

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! The details on the profile shot are fantastic. Congrats!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Gorgeous!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so envious! It's just beautiful.... I need more pix! :cheeky:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful ring! I love yellow diamonds too. :love:

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
:love: So beautiful! :love: I especially love the yellow gold filigree in the gallery. And of course your fancy yellow diamond is just stunning! :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is what you had up your sleeve! :Up_to_something:

What is that detailing on the gold cup, is it filigree, or something else? Whatever it is, I LOVE it! I just want to know how you do it!

I swear, this is how your narrative goes just about every time:

"Hi everybody. So I just got a new mahenge/emerald/ruby/sapphire/spessartite/tsavorite. I wasn't sure how to set it, so I took it into town to my favorite ______place. While there, I just happened to find/they happened to show me/I happened to see the most perfect setting and they popped the stone in! Boyo, does it look great and I can't stop staring at it. I can't believe how lucky I was!" This time it is: "I live in LA so all it took was one quick trip downtown and BAM I've got a ring."

No Athena, not buying it any more! :nono: No, no, no! I used to think you had amazing luck. But I've come to realize that it doesn't "just happen." You have an amazing eye and design aesthetic. I don't know how you do it, but I am humbly and abjectly on my knees bowing before the prowess of Athena! Amazing - the hits just keep getting better! :cheeky: :love:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1359789069|3370336 said:

What is that detailing on the gold cup, is it filigree, or something else? Whatever it is, I LOVE it! I just want to know how you do it!

"Hi everybody. So I just got a new mahenge/emerald/ruby/sapphire/spessartite/tsavorite. I wasn't sure how to set it, so I took it into town to my favorite ______place. While there, I just happened to find/they happened to show me/I happened to see the most perfect setting and they popped the stone in! Boyo, does it look great and I can't stop staring at it. I can't believe how lucky I was!" This time it is: "I live in LA so all it took was one quick trip downtown and BAM I've got a ring."

No Athena, not buying it any more! :nono: No, no, no! I used to think you had amazing luck. But I've come to realize that it doesn't "just happen." You have an amazing eye and design aesthetic. I don't know how you do it, but I am humbly and abjectly on my knees bowing before the prowess of Athena! Amazing - the hits just keep getting better! :cheeky: :love:

I *heart* you Minous

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful :love: :love:

I have had my eye on Mark B's rings, especially his FLY's, for quite some time on the Internet. Next time I am lucky enough for another trip to LA, I think I shall *have* to pop in! More hand shots please,

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!! The ring is so pretty!! To be honestly it is the first time that I get to see a ring from Mark Broumand, nice cup! :))

justginger

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1359789069|3370336 said:

This, exactly. I can't even count how many times I have been wowed by your incredible collection, athena. :)) Yet another jaw-dropping piece!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I was wondering how his pieces looked in real life. Did you like the quality of his pieces that you saw in store?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Athena, since its hard to tell from that one pic of the underside, what exactly is the "gold cup" or gallery or support system made up of? Is that filigree or engraving? or what is that technique called where they carve/burn some of the metal away? It is amazing detailing - simply stunning - and I'd love more photos and to see it closer up and I don't know what the technique it. TIA!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is just so stunning! Could you please, pretty please, sell some more from your collection? Some of us are just waiting in line for a chance at your cast offs!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I love it! Congrats on acquiring such a pretty for your collection!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course, being a pear girl from way back :), I loved the stone the moment you posted those first pics, but I'm head over heels for that gorgeous setting! You find the very best, beautiful, unique things sweetie. You *really* do! Congrats on another faboo piece. Love.it!!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's two more from my iPhone. I'll try to get more pictures of the cup today but it's tough. Maybe I'll actually bring out my tripod instead of just trying to balance the camera on my knee. ;-)

150867_10151281218988165_994973835_n.jpg

150941_10151281228403165_2124342586_n.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I always appreciate it when posters respond to people individually so now I'll give it a shot (sorry if I miss anyone).

Gemgirl - you are such a gem. Thank you so much.
Jax - thank you!
Minous - keep an eye on DB. There may be a thing or two posted there in the next few days ;-)
imspecializd - thanks!
lknvrb4 - I was REALLY impressed with the quality of all of his pieces. In fact this is the most well made ring I have (excluding my ering of course). I love that he has videos on his ebay listings but I wish he would get a little closer up on some of his pieces because his attention to detail is outstanding.
justginger - I think my jaw is permanently agape with your lovelies, so it's so flattering that you like mine!
meredeth - his pieces are really worth a gander. They're all delicious and unique.
Alex - you really should stop by and visit his store. The jewelry district can be a bit daunting though and parking's a nightmare, so be prepared. :)
kalo - thank you!
laila - yellow diamonds are just so nommy, aren't they??
K9 - Thank you! I *heart* ya lady! But you knew that! Thanks for being a great sounding board through this! :wavey:
Sharon - thank you so much!
Enerchi - thank you! DH can't believe it's only a carat! I love the coverage!
DS - I've decided this is my ground hog's day, v-day, anniversary, bday, xmas, and right back around again gift. I think I need a 12-step program for bling addiction. Oy.
Precurious - welcome to the MB fan club. He fell under my radar before, but man he's right on top now!

OK there. Whoosh that was tough. You guys are pretty incredible.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anthena, it's gorgeous! I love the details!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
LOVE!!! :love: I love the inside milgraining. Gorg!!!

Did you keep your halo engagement ring setting? Another one of my favorites!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Feb03Bride|1359816789|3370437 said:
LOVE!!! :love: I love the inside milgraining. Gorg!!!

Did you keep your halo engagement ring setting? Another one of my favorites!!

Oh yes. This is just a RHR. My ering is truly my forever ring. Oh and thank you!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hello beautiful!!!!

that pear shape makes that 1 ct look so large! and the basket, :-o !

So glad you've got your "holy grail", and your DH like it too!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
nielseel|1359818975|3370457 said:
hello beautiful!!!!

that pear shape makes that 1 ct look so large! and the basket, :-o !

So glad you've got your "holy grail", and your DH like it too!

DH told me last night that when I first showed it to him he wanted to dislike it (because he's not the biggest fan if my bling spending) but that his eyes just about popped out of his head. He's kind of adorable.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here are a few more of the cup details.

img_7200.jpg

img_7201.jpg

img_7215.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh Athenaworth!!! It is sooooo beautiful!!!!! I just popped in yesterday with one word because I was busy but came back today to let you know how perfect it is! I love that cup and everything about the setting enhances the beauty of the diamond even more!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results