shape
carat
color
clarity

The Moscow Metro Stations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well...Leonid said we can discuss "the arts" here. I received what was, for me, a highly unusual link today. For those of you who have lived in or visited Russia, this will be no surprise. I suspect other people who are less well-travelled (like me) may find this incredible. It is a site featuring photographs of the Moscow subway stations.

Moscow Metro Stations

rubydick

Shiny_Rock
Deb,

What can I say? Completely fabulito!

Moscow is such a fantastic place, one of the world''s truly great cities. As these photos show.

Thank you so much.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Wow they are stunning. And it is so great to see a train station that is not covered in graffitti to.

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing! The juxtaposition of the stark cement housing buildings to the grandeur of the metro......

When I was visiting Berlin, I took walking tour of the historical district. The palaces and museums had been squarely in the East German territory, but they left them alone for the most part. They did however, build the East German government offices next to some of the older buildings. A big glass and steel ugly/pretty (not pretty ugly, but more~ so ugly it was pretty) next to the older clissical architecture. There was talk of tearing it down once the wall fell, but it was decided that it was an important part of their history, and that it was needed there as a reminder.

Interesting also to visit Prague and see the communist built section next to old town. I love seeing how architecture built solely for function fits into a surrounding that was built with form and funtion in mind. Usually jarring to the senses, but not always in a bad way- sometimes it simply works to highlight the beauty of something that may have been taken for granted if not for the visual disturbance that forces one to look.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing.

I need, need, NEED to get back out of the US. I feel as if my soul is dying a little every day I am stuck here in Texas.
39.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2005 10:46
6.gif
1 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Amazing.

I need, need, NEED to get back out of the US. I feel as if my soul is dying a little every day I am stuck here in Texas.
39.gif

Just leaving Texas would help *my* soul if I were there!

Deb ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results