shape
carat
color
clarity

TheKnot....!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I just signed up to post on the knot and frankly I am NOT liking it. Am I wrong, but I really like the clean and easy posting at PS, versus the weird and awkward posting on the knot. Plus, does anyone discuss wedding stuff...? It all seemed like inside jokes and cliques. How weird!

Anyway, just wanted to vent, and say how much I missed PS, and hope to find time to post more in this section as i should actually START planning for my August wedding...Oy...
20.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Yeah.. the knot message boards are sucky. The only good thing about them is the bios. The bulliten board format on the knot is AWFUL and only on select boards does anyone actually talk about weddings. Try "THE DRESS" and your local boards. DO NOT go to planning and ettiquette or Relationships.. There are a lot of bitchy girls there too.. And its funny, because i notice than in the presence of bithcy girls I tend to say much meaner things myself. (And then I feel bad sometimes).

In anycase. I like the girls on PS much better and the bulliten board format as well.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
AMEN!

Yeah, I was hoping to get some low down on Bridesmaid dresses and such, but realized all too late that it was bitchy girl central. Wow. I thought that all finished in HS... guess not!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I havent even gone any where near the message board. And from what i read on here about them, i dont want to.
32.gif

I do love everything else though. The tools are AWESOME, especially the guest list. It has made entering names and address SOOOO easy for me and my mom (we are an hour apart). We can both go in any time, no matter where we are. Same with the notebook. I can put things i like in there, tell her to go look at them and vice versa.

I will say a small warning though about the local resources/vendors they list on the knot... not to say they are all bad, just make sure you check them out REALLY well (like Better Business Bureau, etc). A girl i work with booked (big deposit and all) a place for her ceremony and reception only to find out 4 months before the wedding that they werent allowed to have weddings. The place never called to inform her or any of the other brides (she randomly found out from the woman helping her book hotel rooms!). The knot took their listing down, but the business complained (they had paid for the listing, they wanted to keep it posted) so they put it back up and erased all the negative comments written about the business. So it was a real mess for her and the 20 other "angry brides". The business refused to refund deposits and the only way she got it back (without the huge lawsuit mess) was that she had put it on a credit card.

So not to say everyone will be like this company, just make sure you check them out good. They pay the knot to list their services, no matter how good or crappy it may be.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2005 12:39:45 AM
Author:Nicrez
I just signed up to post on the knot and frankly I am NOT liking it. Am I wrong, but I really like the clean and easy posting at PS, versus the weird and awkward posting on the knot. Plus, does anyone discuss wedding stuff...? It all seemed like inside jokes and cliques. How weird!

Anyway, just wanted to vent, and say how much I missed PS, and hope to find time to post more in this section as i should actually START planning for my August wedding...Oy...
20.gif
WOW! August
23.gif
you better get crackin!

Just kidding- no pressure sweety.
9.gif

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
I actually prefer the weddingchannel boards much better. Easier to follow and you can follow along in someone''s journal which has all the planning. It is a more similar setup with Pricescope with threads. Check it out.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
nicrez- i agree on theknot msg boards... although some of the boards are much better than others. i like looking at the bios though, and stealing pictures!
11.gif

njc- i have to second your heads up on theknot vendor listings - there is a particular bridal salon listed for SF/Bay Area that one of my best friends used for her wedding last summer (all of us bm got our dresses there too) and that place is a NIGHTMARE!! AND it''s listed as a *featured* vendor on theknot!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
If anyone from around here wants to know which salon, PM me.

I recommend/trust the listings on herecomestheguide.com more, but you still need to be aware... I''ve come to the conclusion that most wedding vendors know you''re a one time customer and treat you (and charge you!!) accordingly!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
The message boards on the knot is so hard to navigate; the organization just suck.
29.gif
29.gif

Anyways I heard from another bride about a featured florist that wasn''t reliable and now she has to find someone new. It''s totally suck. But I guess they paid to be a featured vendor, so it doesn''t mean that they are trustworthy.

But I do love looking at other''s bio.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
It''s actually rushing very close and I can''t believe it''s February already!!! Actually, the reason I have not booked anything is because I have a frightening problem with nailing down what the exact thing I want is. I just don''t know....

I mean, it''s all excess, and I can''t say I ever dreamed of the precise table linens I wanted, or the exact look of the flowers I wanted in my bouquet... Am I nuts? How did you all decide? As for flowers I am so confused... I want something elegant and classic, but not overdone. I could basically find about 5-10 flowers that could be cool, and create totally different looks and like each one of them in an equal way.

How did you guys decide what was the right "look" in the end? When is enough looking enough????

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Nicrez - I''m getting married in August too! Are you in NY?

I''m a big Knottie - I''m on the message boards and all that jazz - i have saved a ton and got a ton of ideas from the boards - they are GREAT until you get a "troll" - that''s these weird immature people who are really mean to people for no reason - it''s weird.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
nicrez - I don''t know about everyone else, but I don''t reallly care about the linen, chair covers or china that I am just letting the restaurant provide whatever they can. On the other hand, I really care about my dress, my BMs'' dresses, my FI''s and GM''s tux, flowers and favors. I guess I didn''t really have a tough time deciding about the flowers and favors because I know what I like since I am a florist. As far as dresses and tux, I look through lots of websites to decide what I like. I guess I also have a easier time than others because I am very particular when it comes to my wedding. It''s weird because I never thought about how my wedding would be like before I got engaged, but I seem to know what I want already before I started planning. Maybe I was planning in my mind subconsciously in my sleep during my occasional sleep talking.
26.gif
26.gif
26.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2005 6:43:57 PM
Author: Nicrez
It''s actually rushing very close and I can''t believe it''s February already!!! Actually, the reason I have not booked anything is because I have a frightening problem with nailing down what the exact thing I want is. I just don''t know....

I mean, it''s all excess, and I can''t say I ever dreamed of the precise table linens I wanted, or the exact look of the flowers I wanted in my bouquet... Am I nuts? How did you all decide? As for flowers I am so confused... I want something elegant and classic, but not overdone. I could basically find about 5-10 flowers that could be cool, and create totally different looks and like each one of them in an equal way.

How did you guys decide what was the right ''look'' in the end? When is enough looking enough????
Add me to the August list! The 6th to be exact. Dont feel bad, im moving slow too. Ive just in the last week booked most the major things... although i still need a band, transportation, an organist and a singer and we havent even started to think about the honeymoon. I think people just move at different paces. I have a friend that is getting married Aug 27 and she has EVERYTHING done... EVERYTHING (including her BParty, shower, luncheons and honeymoon). She only got engaged 2 weeks before us. *She* is nuts.

I felt really overwhelmed with trying to picture everything and decide because i really didnt have anything in mind either. Honestly, the ~$200 i have spent on Bridal **** will have to be the best money ive spent so far. I felt crazy and obsessive buying so many, but i started to notice little things in the pictures and even the ads i really like. Honestly, Ive picked my colors from an ad selling invitations. They seemed like a nice, refreshing summer combination. Then i came up with the beach theme because the FI *loves* the beach and the colors i picked made me think of an upscale beach club.

Im basing things like decorations at the church and favors on what friends and family are capable of and have offered to make for me. The other big thing is ive decided not to fight the seasonal cues. Beach items are cheap in the summer. And for my flowers, i kept noticing how many brides used hydrangeas. Loved how it seemed to be a unique idea (ive never seen a bride with em) and one of the biggest things i remember about going to my grandmothers is the huge hydrangea bush she had next to her door. Thought it would be a fitting tribute to her. And even cooler, me and FH can plant a hydrangea bush wherever we live to always remember our big day!

Sorry this was long, but i hope it helps. Dont worry about it... it will all come together!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
hi ladies

Wow it feels strange to post here (but good)!
4.gif
We just got engaged and are trying for an October 05 wedding. I haven't booked a THING...for years I had envisioned a casual shabby chic vineyard wedding..you know the kind...you're driving along a dirt road and then there's a handpainted sign that says "WEDDING" with an arrow. Maybe an elegant reception in a big old barn overlooking the vineyard strung with lanterns...

Am I out of my mind? Is this not practical? I signed up on the Knot too, but have mixed feelings about posting there..

Nicrez & Treysar- August! You have plenty-o time.
2.gif
A girlfriend of mine, who got married in October 03, didn't start planning until JUNE 03. Everything worked out beautifully..so don't worry, just enjoy being the bride.
36.gif

JKohio

Rough_Rock
I actually like the Knot. Of course, I only regularly frequent the Cleveland board. It has a helpful bunch of girls & that board doesn''t see much troll action (thank goodness). Once in awhile, I lurk on the Reception board & sometimes the Honeymoon one (more when I was setting ours up). I like the fact that I can create a web page easily over there (for our wedding). As for bios, sometimes I''ll check ''em out, but I don''t ever intend to create my own w/ photos. I don''t have time for that. :)

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Nicrez-
I''m glad to hear I''m not the only bride cutting it close. My date is in September and the only things I''ve done so far is to buy a dress and book a reception (possibly ceremony too) site.
23.gif
So much to do, so little time...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't go anywhere else on the knot but the Hawaii board when we were looking and everyone was pretty nice on there. I did see the bitchy posts and/or flame wars on the other boards, esp stuff like planning and dresses.

But the Hawaii board for me was PRICELESS. I found all my vendors referred on there, and when we visited the year before to scout, I made appointments with the ones I wanted to see. Everyone worked out great and they were all recommended from the knot gals. Then again Kauai is a very small island so there aren't that many options for things, not like if you were in a metropolitan area. The island only has a few caterers!

I never did the bio thing either, it seemed too tedious to setup and learn how to use it.

I also used the WeddingChannel sometimes but I found the Hawaii boards on the Knot to be the best resource tool for me.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results