shape
carat
color
clarity

A good place to sell diamond jewellery?

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Hi, :wavey:

I'm not quite sure where to post this question, or if it's appropriate to post at all.

I have a diamond ring that I would like to sell and wonder if anyone can suggest how to go about this?
The ring has an ACA diamond and I am aware that Whiteflash would buy back the stone, but it is in a designer setting, and I was hoping to sell it as a piece.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks!

Dinamit

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can post it on diamondbistro.com or loupetroop.com and then "market" it on the pre-loved forum, or consign it with JbEG, Pearlman's or GOG....just a couple of options....

dinamit

Shiny_Rock
Hi Yenny,

That's great - thanks for so many suggestions. I know eBay is also an option but I have a feeling it is not a good place for ACAs etc as the average buyer won't know that it's worth paying for.

I'll check out the places you suggested.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure you are aware of this, but be prepared to show comparables and why your price is a good percentage off of what they could find at Whiteflash or other places. The buyers on both Loupetroop and Diamond Bistro both are very informed and expect good deals. ;))

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
You might want to investigate what Whiteflash would give you for the stone, and see if you could sell the setting separately via the Pre-Loved forum/DiamondBistro/LoupeTroupe. You could post a 'feeler' ad for the setting and stone separately to see if you get any bites on either. Some people are looking for stones to put into their own dream setting, and others are looking for settings to put their own stones into.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd list it as a whole ring at the outset, but be prepared for offers on the stone and setting individually. You don't get a lot for a second hand setting, I will forewarn you. But the diamond may be easy to sell since it is a well known brand. But as someone said, you must be prepared to accept a discount off of new. I'd use diamondbistro and loupetroop first since there is no commission.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results