shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC/platinum ring -- good deal

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
It's a very pretty ring. I like the setting. Is this a RH ring for you?

fel

Shiny_Rock
Yes this would be a RH ring or LH option -- not every day.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
I really like as is. What are you thinking of using the diamond for? Ering, pendant, earrings?

fel

Shiny_Rock
I don't wear earrings, but have always wanted an enhancer that I could clip on to pearls, or wear on its own on a chain.

fel

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone who know OECs have an opinion on whether this is a good one? I am new to this...

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
For more help with the diamond you may want to post this in rocky talk.

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
I like that snowflake in the middle. Cool~

fel

Shiny_Rock
Just a few edits -- first I meant I might "reset" it, not "resent" it. I guess that was an autocorrect issue.

Also -- the price I paid was 50% off of the listed price.

I was looking for the snowflake pattern -- what I love about OECs.

imagardener2

Rough_Rock
You said you paid 50% off the listed price, which I see was $3245, so you paid $1623? I've never purchased from rubylane before so did you email the seller and make an offer and they accepted it?

I'm always interested in learning how to get the best price and have made offers on ebay when that option was available for something I wanted. Sometimes it's accepted and other times not, with no counteroffer made.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Ooh congrats! I had that in my wish list and saw someone scooped it up during the red tag sale!

It's beautiful! Any plans to reset once you get it?

fel

Shiny_Rock
I paid half of the sale price -- half of $2245, including shipping. Rubylane occasionally has red take sales, where for 24 hours certain items are 50% off. Great deals can be had then, but one needs to preview and identify items, and to be fast about purchasing once the sale starts. Most of the good ones are sold out within a few hours. I actually bought within the first few minutes of the sale. Not many OECs come up in the redtag sales.

I have tried making offers on rubylane, and have never gotten very far. Perhaps others have better luck? I do great on offers on ebay, but typically not for jewelry. I buy clothes and such, and I even bought my car on ebay.

I think it is very possible I would reset the OEC, but perhaps still use the original setting for a colored stone. My thought was the setting should be worth something, so if I decide to just keep the OEC I could resell the platinum setting.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I bought a tiny OEC during Ruby Lane's Red Tag sale this weekend too and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive. I paid $215 ($230 including shipping and insurance). I combed the sale the night before and added all the items I wanted to my shopping cart. I only ended up buying one thing (and I did so within the first 30 minutes of the sale) but everything else that I considered was gone in by noon.

It seemed like a good deal to me but I won't know for sure until I get my hands on it!

http://www.rubylane.com/item/799380-0072/Edwardian-20-Carat-Belcher-set

fel

Shiny_Rock
I am returning this ring, so I guess not such a good deal. The GIA gemologist said the color was an L, not K, and I can definitely see a tint in most situations. But more problematic, the diamond as estimated by my jeweler is significantly smaller than the estimate given.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mind sharing how much smaller it's estimated as being?

There have been a couple of posts on PS about this seller not accurately representing her wares. I was looking at another of her pieces and trying to determine how much to offer based on guesses of what the actual colour and clarity might be.

fel

Shiny_Rock
It was supposed to be .7, but my jeweler who I trust said it is closer to .53-.58. It faced up to 5 mm, which is smaller than I expected, and while depth was difficult to measure, I think the ring was open enough that we were able to get a pretty good read on it.

Also my jeweler thought it was quite dark in color, as compared to his K and even L diamonds.

I should note that the return policy was fine, and shipping one way was free, so I just lost 1x shipping on the whole deal, and actually got a bit of an education along the way. Also, the diamond aside from color issues was very sparkly.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
[quote="fel|1358194933|3355413"Rubylane occasionally has red take sales, where for 24 hours certain items are 50% off. [/quote]

Sorry to threadjack, but when do these red tag sales happen typically? Will they send an email when one is going on?

fel

Shiny_Rock
The redtag sales are sort of random -- you need to just find out via logging onto rubylane a few days before. I do not get emailed warnings.

fel

Shiny_Rock
For those interested in this vendor, I need to warn you. Once she received the returned item, she suddenly informed me of a $45 fee for shipping the item out to me. This fee is listed no where on the vendor or rubylane policy page. I am rather down on this vendor and rubylane generally at this point.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Fel, that's lousy. I think Ruby Lane does have some blanket policy where shop owners can charge a 10% restocking fee and shipping costs on returned items, but you really have to dig to find it in the fine print to find it.

fel

Shiny_Rock
The stores on Ruby are only allowed to charge a restocking fee if they list it on their store policies page. This store did not, but now they have changed their policy to charge restocking. In the end they did not charge me the shipping fee, as I pointed out this discrepancy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results