shape
carat
color
clarity

Examples of double row micro-pave halo?

LLCALI

Rough_Rock
Hi! I am interested in having an HW style halo created with double row pave - NOT a double halo, but just a second row of pave to enhance the side view of the ring. I have seen many examples of this with bright cut pave, but I'm not interested in that particular style. Can you please show me some examples that you think look nice? I saw Frankie's old SK version, but I'm hoping to avoid the metal showing between the rows. The VC version below is more along the lines of what I want, but with the double row on the head only, not the shank.

Also, what do you think of double row pave on the HW style if it's done well? What type of effect do you think it has on the overall look of the ring? I'm thinking it will create more of a rounded look from the side, and it will obviously be a bit more blingy. Any insight or opinions are welcome! :tongue:

doublerow.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My only concern would be doing a double row on the head and then a single row on the shank. To me it might look a bit disjointed. Besides that I think that style is very clean and classic. It would look beautiful with a cushion or RB diamond....or even better yet a colored diamond or CS :twisted:

LLCALI

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if that would look odd as well, but then I found a few examples and I think it might look better than I originally thought. Here is one from SK's site that I think looks nice:

http://www.stevenkirsch.com/engagement/halo/r0115.html

For some reason I feel like the second row on the side view makes the ring look more complete. I just want to make sure I go with the right person to make the ring so the head doesn't turn out looking blocky. These rings are always so much more delicate in person though, so I'm hoping that won't be an issue!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
LLCALI|1358281460|3356289 said:
I was wondering if that would look odd as well, but then I found a few examples and I think it might look better than I originally thought. Here is one from SK's site that I think looks nice:

http://www.stevenkirsch.com/engagement/halo/r0115.html

For some reason I feel like the second row on the side view makes the ring look more complete. I just want to make sure I go with the right person to make the ring so the head doesn't turn out looking blocky. These rings are always so much more delicate in person though, so I'm hoping that won't be an issue!

I think you will be fine just make sure you can with someone who is really skilled in pave. If you can afford the price tage I would go with SK or VC. Since you have seen some on SK's website I would probably go with him since you know he can obviously understand the look you are going for by pointing to some of his previous pieces. But either of them can definitely make the ring of your dreams.

fige

Rough_Rock
Premium
I'm looking to have SK make a very similar setting! I'm hoping to have it set a tiny bit higher than I ordinarily would. I love the look of the slender curvy struts, and because the second row 'covers' them, I think they can look stumpy if too low.

Frankie seemed to have durability issues with her setting. Hopefully she'll chime in!

fige

Rough_Rock
Premium
Just an update, Steven provided the attached images of techniques he's able to use to achieve the second row. I personally prefer Frankies scalloped style, but can understand why you may prefer the other.

img_3863.jpg

img_3864.jpg

img_3865.jpg

img_516.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Fige: Those pictures show some really pretty details. It looks like there are even diamonds on the "doughnut" (I think that's what they call it :sick: ). So what type of wedding band would you wear with this?

fige

Rough_Rock
Premium
I'll likely either wear a matching band with a spacer or a higher carat band on my right hand. We're planning a long engagement, so it won't be an issue for a while :D

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I love the profile on my ring! It is Michael B from the Trois collection. sidembhalo01.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results