shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on White Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,
I had a question.
I want to get a ring mounted in yellow gold, remounted in white gold. I went to a jeweler in the area and they said that I could just get it plated in rodium (sp) and that is what white gold is anyway. I was not sure if that was true or not so I didnt leave the ring to get it done.
How long does it last also?
Just wanted to hear if that is true, thanks.

Phil

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/2/2005 9:21:55 PM
Author:pad3006
Hi everyone,
I had a question.
I want to get a ring mounted in yellow gold, remounted in white gold. I went to a jeweler in the area and they said that I could just get it plated in rodium (sp) and that is what white gold is anyway.

That is incorrect, there is a misunderstanding some where.

Most people would not be happy with the results of rhodium plating a YG ring.

I was not sure if that was true or not so I didnt leave the ring to get it done.
How long does it last also?

Rhodium plating may take 10-30 minutes including preparation. Most jewelers like to batch this type of work in a daily schedule so they may ask you to leave it for a day or a afternoon.

Just wanted to hear if that is true, thanks.

Phil

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
When the sales guy looked for me in his priceing guide, and he said that to have it remounted in white gold it would be about $400. It has 7 stones and is a plain band. I live in the NYC area, is that a good price?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results