shape
carat
color
clarity

Jade Bangle?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
This is gonna be a tough one to answer methinks.

I've recently become enamored with Jade. I live in a province with a lot of darker jade, and have several nice pieces. The lighter color of jade (Burmese? Chinese?) is starting to get my attention.

I know you can pay many thousands for a great quality jade bangle (heck, one made of local stone can be 6.5k). I'm a firm believer that jewelry doesn't have to be expensive to be pretty, but when it comes to jade bangles, do I have to accept that a nice, pretty bangle will cost me several hundred, to several thousand? Is there an online source for those of us who want something pretty, but can't afford those big price tags. Will such a bangle just be a phony dyed mess of blechiness?

Where would I start my education? No bricks and mortar stores where I live for such a thing...

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
I think I can answer your first question, an expensive jade is not determined to be qualified jade, the high price in some degree is caused by the rare number and in another aspect is caused by speculation in some degree in some area, the real value of a jade is not likely to be so expensive. Oh~ That;s what I can reply, I guess you already have known it. :roll:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Begonia, this might get more traffic if you put it on CS or Hangout. Wish I could help -- no experience with jade at all & I've started loving it from a few pieces I've seen on vendor sites.

--- Laurie

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Right you are.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results