shape
carat
color
clarity

If your OH is in his 40's how often is he interested in sex?

If your OH is in his 40's, how often is he interested in sex?

• Never

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Once or Twice a Month

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Once a week

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • A few times a week

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Every Day

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • More than Once a Day

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: If your OH is in his 40's how often is he interested in

Sha:

Low T causes lower levels of energy - lower levels of physical drive. That is a known fact. It also changes a persons "aggressiveness" (which may be good or bad depending on the person). It also can cause ED problems.

There are a number of other things that seem to be linked with Low T; but how much of that is directly related to the Low T; or to what happens because of low energy levels and lower levels of physical drive.

Example: I quickly located a year or two ago that there were two major well known medical institutions studying if Low T was the cause of Type II diabetes. In the past it was assumed that the Diabetes caused the Low T (as most Type II diabetic males have Low T); now they are questioning if it is in fact just the opposite (and T levels are generally not tested in people so who knows).. In my case because of the testing long ago (and lack of any treatment) it is a known fact that I had Low T about 5 years before I developed Type II Diabetes.

But lets look at what we do know it causes - and how that affects people.

Lower level of energy, lower levels of physical drive - leads to less physical activity, more sleeping, and eating more "quick pick me up foods" to gain energy which all combine to cause more weight gain. Significant weight gain typically leads to triglyceride level problems, higher blood pressure, and Type II diabetes.

Many men take jobs that require some level of aggressiveness to be successful (and get a larger pay check) [Not all jobs require aggressiveness and in some it is counterproductive; but a number of them do require it]. For men is such jobs Low T will often lead to work performance issues... which increases stress on life.

So, even for men who have not built their mental image of who they are based on sexual performance (who take an additional mental hit on their reduced abilities...); the typical male is in for a life changing experience - in the negative direction that affects both their physical and mental pictures of who they are... This is the real issues of Low T. But they are long term thus not an immediate concern of most Dr.

I really do wonder how significantly different my life had been if my Dr had started me on T shots way back when I was first diagnosed.

I hope that helps,

Perry

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1357332242|3347464 said:
The stereotype certainly exists that men want it all the time. And many do. But the reality is that many men have lower sex drives -- as Kenny says, people vary.

I think many men, and their spouses, do not talk about a low sex drive for the male partner because it reflects badly on the man -- he is not virile! -- and it also reflects badly on the spouse -- he/she is not attractive! Sometimes those things may be true, but I don't think its always the case that a lower male sex drive equates with a lack of masculinity or lack of desire for one's partner.

Just putting that out there, since many of the posts seem to reflect the notion that all men are horn dogs. 8)

Was nodding my head to this, Dreamer.
My husband has a lot of interests - sport, business - he is a high achiever and a thinker, and he pushes himself to do well in all areas of life. He is disinterested in an 'addictive' approach to anything in life.

Sex has always been only a PART of his interests in life, and, if anything, he would never choose sex over other, more important chores or tasks. Which means perhaps he is 'mature in his outlook' or maybe just not very emotional lol (scientist).

A few years ago I was a bit worried about his drive, because he totally dropped off and became totally inattentive and disinterested in general...he was only in his mid-30s....

Turned out it was a reaction to business stress.
When the business situation and workplace environment improved, so did his...outlook lol :wacko:

Sha

Ideal_Rock

perry|1357513650|3349070 said:
Sha:

Low T causes lower levels of energy - lower levels of physical drive. That is a known fact. It also changes a persons "aggressiveness" (which may be good or bad depending on the person). It also can cause ED problems.

There are a number of other things that seem to be linked with Low T; but how much of that is directly related to the Low T; or to what happens because of low energy levels and lower levels of physical drive.

Example: I quickly located a year or two ago that there were two major well known medical institutions studying if Low T was the cause of Type II diabetes. In the past it was assumed that the Diabetes caused the Low T (as most Type II diabetic males have Low T); now they are questioning if it is in fact just the opposite (and T levels are generally not tested in people so who knows).. In my case because of the testing long ago (and lack of any treatment) it is a known fact that I had Low T about 5 years before I developed Type II Diabetes.

But lets look at what we do know it causes - and how that affects people.

Lower level of energy, lower levels of physical drive - leads to less physical activity, more sleeping, and eating more "quick pick me up foods" to gain energy which all combine to cause more weight gain. Significant weight gain typically leads to triglyceride level problems, higher blood pressure, and Type II diabetes.

Many men take jobs that require some level of aggressiveness to be successful (and get a larger pay check) [Not all jobs require aggressiveness and in some it is counterproductive; but a number of them do require it]. For men is such jobs Low T will often lead to work performance issues... which increases stress on life.

So, even for men who have not built their mental image of who they are based on sexual performance (who take an additional mental hit on their reduced abilities...); the typical male is in for a life changing experience - in the negative direction that affects both their physical and mental pictures of who they are... This is the real issues of Low T. But they are long term thus not an immediate concern of most Dr.

I really do wonder how significantly different my life had been if my Dr had started me on T shots way back when I was first diagnosed.

I hope that helps,

Perry

Thanks Perry! That was both interesting and helpful. It's good to know the T shots are working for you. I can see that low T can cause several problems if it goes untreated. Thx!

Lara - Interesting thoughts as well.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock

The poll asked how often is he interested, not how often is he gettin' it. He wants it all the time, can't keep his hands off me(which I'm not complaining about). Realistically he gets it a couple times a week or less, depending on how tired I am. He's learned after 20 some years how to get what he wants. Yesterday he was picking up the kitchen and said "honey, look how sexy I am, I'm cleaning!" LOL

Sha

Ideal_Rock

makemepretty|1357642323|3350125 said:
The poll asked how often is he interested, not how often is he gettin' it. He wants it all the time, can't keep his hands off me(which I'm not complaining about). Realistically he gets it a couple times a week or less, depending on how tired I am. He's learned after 20 some years how to get what he wants. Yesterday he was picking up the kitchen and said "honey, look how sexy I am, I'm cleaning!" LOL

lol! :D

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Sha|1357651517|3350204 said:

LOL! It's amazing the lengths my husband will go to to get some :cheeky:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sha said:

That is too cute. Reminds me of the book, **** for Women. http://www.amazon.com/Women-Cambrid...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225690772&sr=1-1.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

:bigsmile: How weird is it that a man cleaning is actually a turn on?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock

Zoe|1357773425|3351620 said:

Actually I think it's more that if your husband does a few hours cleaning every day, you might get a bit of sleep and then feel more 'warmed up' lol. Anyone with kids will understand.... the lack of rest / sleep is real for women cleaning up after other people all day :nono:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

LaraOnline|1357827967|3352058 said:
Zoe|1357773425|3351620 said:

Actually I think it's more that if your husband does a few hours cleaning every day, you might get a bit of sleep and then feel more 'warmed up' lol. Anyone with kids will understand.... the lack of rest / sleep is real for women cleaning up after other people all day :nono:

This! Also it's hard to want to be intimate with someone that you're irritated with because you're not getting enough help! That was a huge issue in my previous marriage. Well, one of many issues! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results