shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE HELP DONT KNOW HOW MUCH THESE WOULD BE WORTH !!!!!

duffeyshane

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, I found these two diamond rings when I was cleaning out my grandmas old storage shed... I have no Idea what they are worth... can anyone please help me out ?

20121226_153430.jpg

20121226_153447.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: PLEASE HELP DONT KNOW HOW MUCH THESE WOULD BE WORTH !!!!

Do you live in a city where there are independent appraisers to assess? IF you go to the link, see if there is a PS recommended appraiser in your area:
https://www.pricescope.com/appraisers

Good luck!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock

Take them to a jewelry store and have the stones tested. Are there any marks inside? When my mother in law died we took a lot of her jewelry into a mom & pop store. They tested and louped and told us what we had..no charge.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

With knowing nothing about them (diamond clarity, size) just taking a quick glance at them I would put each ring around $150-200. The emerald ring looks to be treated and included based off the color. The diamond cluster ring isn't worth much more and are particular hard to sell in my opinion as they are dated.

My advise is either sell for scrap metal, keep the diamonds and do a DBTY necklace or bracelet. Or keep them as a fond memto of your grandmother.

Regardless I would definitely take to a small jewelry store to see if they can tell you anything about the diamonds (they can't about the emerald and if they say they can, they then are off their rocker). I woudlnt' bother with an appraiser as they charge per item. Typically starting at $75 so I wouldn't find it worth the price when you can find out some similar info from a local jewelry store for free.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree with sarahbear, probably not worth taking to get a real appraisal due to the cost. $150 to $200 on ebay sounds about right.
Pawn shop would be even less.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

I can't tell you anything about the value, but I'd agree with the others about the feasability of appraising. The first thing you might do is double check that the stones are diamonds. That won't cost you anything. A pawn shop or jeweler should have a diamond tester and then you might have a better idea of where you want to go and would be more helpful to you than an appraisal. What you probably need most is a basic idea of what you've got.

Do you have any side views of the rings?

lindacat

Rough_Rock

These do not look very old - maybe the 1960-70's if that old.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Nice vintage rings. Are you planning on keeping them to wear?

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock

I'm thinking 70s or 80s, maybe even 90s, too. Those particular yellow gold settings scream "maul" or department stores.

liz

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results