shape
carat
color
clarity

RIVER BOAT WEDDINGS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Anyone ever attended a riverboat wedding??I am really considering it. Check this out at www.ChattanoogaRiverboat.com. I just wonder if maybe it smelled "fishy" I know the river can get really stinky sometimes. I''d hate for that to be my most memorable wedding moment
14.gif
Please give me some input. Honest opinions please, before I mention it to family and friends.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
My sister-in-law got married on a river boat. It was different and nice because of the views on the deck (plus, my DH and I were just dating and were all googly-eyed watching the sunset on the boat deck
2.gif
) . I think it''s like anything/any place else--you want to check the quality of the place/services. Some thoughts:

The food was not good--they should have used a different caterer (they just went with the boat''s caterer instead of going out for their own) and you want to make sure the bathroom facilities work properly--I was on a boat event once (a 30th b-day party) and the lavatories backed up. Not only was there no bathroom for 3 hours but the whole boat stunk like sewage.
14.gif
You also want to make sure it''s at a time of year that''s not too hot...and ascertain if there is a/c or heat.

See if you can find out when they are having a wedding on the boat and go check it out--obviously, you''ll have to see it from afar but it might be a start.
1.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
my bf was best man on a riverboat wedding on lake michigan
it docked from navy pier - where you can have drinks while waiting to board - they had many of their pictures done on the pier
the boat was recently remodeled and it was gorgeous
the bottom deck was a dance floor with staircases leading up on four sides - there were dining tables around the dance floor and upstairs
the wedding took place on the dance floor - the bride came down on of the flights of stairs (very dramatic) and everyone had a good view
then we ate and danced
there were plenty of decks outside for people to meet each other and watch the sunset and view the chicago skyline down the coast
it was a little chilly - Nov 1 - but still not bad for that season because the water was still warmer than the air
i thought it was gorgeous

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results