Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hip Hip yoray Yssie! :appl: Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, congrats to you Yssie! Glad to see that you won the prize!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH YAY, I saw the post on Pricescope's FB page!! CONGRATS YSSIE!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. Really?!?!

... Wow. I was SO not expecting this!!! I've got a cold and I'm all cloggy and we just brought our new puppy home and OMG she's a handful and... I'm grinning like a loon :bigsmile:

Andrey, Ella, and the other mods & owners, thank you so much for making PS such a wonderful and fun (and occasionally incredibly lucky!) place to play!!

Hmm. Diamond studded collar? But... maybe we should hold off on that until she's got the whole sitting straight thing down ::)

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1357139972|3345415 said:
OMG. Really?!?!

... Wow. I was SO not expecting this!!! I've got a cold and I'm all cloggy and we just brought our new puppy home and OMG she's a handful and... I'm grinning like a loon :bigsmile:

Andrey, Ella, and the other mods & owners, thank you so much for making PS such a wonderful and fun (and occasionally incredibly lucky!) place to play!!

Hmm. Diamond studded collar? But... maybe we should hold off on that until she's got the whole sitting straight thing down ::)

Pictures, please!! :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats YSSIE!!!.. :wavey: :appl: :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger said:
Pictures, please!! :bigsmile:
Delighted to oblige :bigsmile: Emily at 6.5wks

emilyps2.png

emilyps.png

emilyps3.png

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emily is adorable. Love the name!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thanks Laila! She's adorable, but so needy and helpless! It's her first day alone - DH went home to check on her and I'm on pins and needles waiting for the update...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh neat! Congrats Yssie!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
She's sooooooo sweet Yssie!!! You should start an "EMILY" thread for her!!! I love her face - and those paws!! - she's gonna be a big girl!!

Look at those eyes... "mommy, I want a diamond collar, TOO!!" (you know you'll cave!! ;)) :wink2: )

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ame! Enerchi - I was going to, but I sorta wanted to hold off until I could get a family pic of everyone all getting along... I guess hoping that happens anytime soon is just wishful thinking :sick: She terrifies the cats, she bounces at them to play and they hiss and arch their backs and fluff their tails and she has NO idea she's supposed to run away! On the plus side the cats are being total cuddlebugs - far more so than usual ::)

I *think* daddy might be a pitt? Her eyes are a bit lighter than most dogs' I think, and her siblings had very pitt-ish features.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love her soft colouring - cafe au lait and with her eyes... those markings... SQUEEEEEEEEEZE her tight and just love her to BITS!!!

I can rarely tell what is "in" a dog - she does look a bit like a french bull dog perhaps?? Maybe its the snout...??? Doesn't matter - she's a beauty!!

I think start the thread now (point zero, so to speak) then add as they eventually learn to cohabitate well together!! Lovely little Emily!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Omg I forgot again! Oops. Congrats ladies! Happy new year :)

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1357142600|3345449 said:
Congrats YSSIE!!!.. :wavey: :appl: :appl:

CONGRATULATIONS, YSSIE :appl: :appl: :appl: :wavey: :wavey:

I'm so pleased that it was someone I recognized!!!!

You already have beautiful rings so any idea how you're going to use that $5k? :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1357153477|3345600 said:
Thanks ame! Enerchi - I was going to, but I sorta wanted to hold off until I could get a family pic of everyone all getting along... I guess hoping that happens anytime soon is just wishful thinking :sick: She terrifies the cats, she bounces at them to play and they hiss and arch their backs and fluff their tails and she has NO idea she's supposed to run away! On the plus side the cats are being total cuddlebugs - far more so than usual ::)

I *think* daddy might be a pitt? Her eyes are a bit lighter than most dogs' I think, and her siblings had very pitt-ish features.

Uh oh, I hope she will be good to the kitties! If she is part pitt, she might have a strong prey drive. She sure has a sweet face.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

justginger

Ideal_Rock
She's gorgeous, yssie! And I really hope I don't offend here...but why do you have her so young? Puppies and kittens are still learning important lessons from mom til they're 8-12 weeks old. You're going to have to watch her carefully, so she doesn't turn into a nipper - common for puppies that leave their mothers too early. Regardless, I hope she and the kitties lean to live in harmony quickly - there are always some teething problems at the beginning. ::)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila - I think since we have no idea what she is we'll have to assume she might be predisposed to the less-welcome traits of a variety of breeds, and train and socialize her well and watch her closely in the future as her personality matures. We don't plan to ever leave her alone with the cats unattended - it doesn't matter what type of dog she is, honestly, I'm not prepared to gamble with the cats' safety.

Ginger - vet cleared all pups going to their new homes. I'm not offended - bemused, perhaps, I'm no dog development expert. Mum and pups were mostly separated once they started on solids. I did specifically want to bring her home as soon as okay'd because of the personalities of the cats - two adjust pretty easily but the other two are generally Nervous Nellies around larger animals and for any dog nervousness = prey.

We've given her lots of chew toys - Nylabones, rawhide, stuffed Kongs, soft toys, and she'll go to town on those. She does nip feet and ankles - we're working on not reacting at all, just giving her one of her toys instead. We're also working on having her not react when she's presented with a hand - sniffing or licking is okay and gets a click and a bit of kibble, anything else and we walk away and "ignore" her for a few minutes. I like the idea of clicker training a lot - it makes it easy to associate good behaviour with positive reinforcement... She's very inconsistent right now but that's to be expected, I think. When she drags one of her toys over to play she gets lots of "good Emily!!!" and playtime, and she's picked up on that quickly enough - it's getting her to stop looking for attention in other ways that's tough part!

We'll do our best to give her a happy and safe home.

Thanks RoseBloom, innerkitten ::)

Enerchi - I just might have to! I have to get more pics first though!!

isaku - hehe aww! It's actually 1k to five people but I'm certainly not complaining - and I have no idea!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!!! Yssie!!! She's adorable!!!!!!! I just want to pick her up and squeeze her! She's just precious! :(( Just saw that you DID keep her!!! Yay! I'm sorry about your cold. Praying it goes away quickly. I know Emily will definitely help with the healing process! (if she happens to be gone, it's ok if you suspect me :lol: jk).

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1357234153|3346369 said:
Laila - I think since we have no idea what she is we'll have to assume she might be predisposed to the less-welcome traits of a variety of breeds, and train and socialize her well and watch her closely in the future as her personality matures. We don't plan to ever leave her alone with the cats unattended - it doesn't matter what type of dog she is, honestly, I'm not prepared to gamble with the cats' safety.

Ginger - vet cleared all pups going to their new homes. I'm not offended - bemused, perhaps, I'm no dog development expert. Mum and pups were mostly separated once they started on solids. I did specifically want to bring her home as soon as okay'd because of the personalities of the cats - two adjust pretty easily but the other two are generally Nervous Nellies around larger animals and for any dog nervousness = prey.

We've given her lots of chew toys - Nylabones, rawhide, stuffed Kongs, soft toys, and she'll go to town on those. She does nip feet and ankles - we're working on not reacting at all, just giving her one of her toys instead. We're also working on having her not react when she's presented with a hand - sniffing or licking is okay and gets a click and a bit of kibble, anything else and we walk away and "ignore" her for a few minutes. I like the idea of clicker training a lot - it makes it easy to associate good behaviour with positive reinforcement... She's very inconsistent right now but that's to be expected, I think. When she drags one of her toys over to play she gets lots of "good Emily!!!" and playtime, and she's picked up on that quickly enough - it's getting her to stop looking for attention in other ways that's tough part!

We'll do our best to give her a happy and safe home.

Thanks RoseBloom, innerkitten ::)

Enerchi - I just might have to! I have to get more pics first though!!

isaku - hehe aww! It's actually 1k to five people but I'm certainly not complaining - and I have no idea!

What you're doing sounds perfect. :)) I should have known better than to knee-jerk think of the people we get trying to adopt puppies the second they leave the birth canal... :rolleyes:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Yssie!!!! :appl:

And Emily is too freakin' adorable for words! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
04diamond - oh, she's a keeper!! Her collar has our number and everything ::)

Thanks LM! It's a pet-a-palooza here on PS right now - Emily, Tinks, Dougsgirl's new retriever puppy, Phoenix's cat... I feel like I'm missing another one or two!

Ginger - thank you for the reassurance ::) I might request some advice on introducing her to the cats, depending on how things go this weekend.

Gretta and Garett haven't seen anything like her and they're very curious. They'll sniff at her while she's sleeping, and hiss and bat her away if she comes at them too roughly - they keep their claws in unless they're really aggravated, and even then they're filed so they don't actually do any damage! They don't seem scared - just really annoyed.

Alex was terrified at first but he's coming 'round - too curious to stay away for long. She moves very abruptly and he startles, but he'll come back in a minute or two. They play with the same string toys - she'll drag it around and he'll chase after it, and he'll cuddle with us even if we smell of dog.

Mina, though... this weekend we're going to have to force the introduction, I think. She refuses to come downstairs on her own. I'm thinking we'll start by crating puppy in our bedroom - that's where Mina spends most of her time - see if she shows any interest in familiar surroundings...

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1357322488|3347310 said:
04diamond - oh, she's a keeper!! Her collar has our number and everything ::)

YAY!!! :appl: I forgot to delete that sad face lol. This picture just makes my heart melt. It's like she's begging to be picked up! I'd tackle those ears and rub her adorable back. My goodness, I wouldn't leave the house!

emilyps3_0.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results