shape
carat
color
clarity

The SEARCH...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
here''s one more that I just found on the solomon brothers site. very pretty.. :)

pears_rb.jpg

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
GBCookie: The Pearlman''s Collections ring is made by Gumuchian Fils who is a great designer. The ring is a great alternative for those who want to avoid the cost of a Michael B. in order to get diamond size and a pretty ring! I have never seen the ring..however, I know if you contact Bill [email protected] he could send you the setting to "play" with and compare for a day with a cc deposit!

Good Luck on your search and "you are not alone"!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger, you''re at BCM too?!?!? Excellent!!!! Although I am absolutely GREEN with jealousy about the fact that you''re a 4th year...*sigh*....yep, I''m a 1st year. Only been at it for 6 months, and I already wish I could just push the fast forward button!

So how about you? Do you miss the good ''ol days with Cassius and Frank???
2.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, I LOVE all your ring choices...if you end up with something that looks anything like any of those, you''ll be totally set. :)

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
well here''s the original dream ring. To me, it looked pretty simple, but for some reason, WF kept telling me it was impossible and tried to convince me to go with a stock design instead. Although very pretty, it wasn''t what I wanted
8.gif
. Anyway, too little, too late..I''ve gone full pave and I ''m not going back
emotion-5.gif
!

FTLOD - i already contacted him...turns out he''s out of town till next week, so his son is filling in. I''m going to e-mail him again next week to get everything started...
36.gif
. I''m excited to see the rings in person, I actually like it better than the michael B!!! How much is the deposit? What do you mean by cc deposit? Thanks for all your help!

houmed - trust me...you have way more time now than you will have once clinic starts....savor it, cuz one day soon, it will be a distant memory. I do miss basic science for 2 reasons 1)free time!!!! 2)seeing all your classmates on a regular basis. Clinics is great....but its hard work and TIME CONSUMING!!!!! WHen is your ring coming? Is he planning to propose soon?

drawing1.JPG

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t tell me that, Ginger! LOL. You''re supposed to say that clinics are a welcome relief from the hell of studying all the time for pre-clinical class!! hehehe. That''s what I''ve heard from everyone, that clinics are great and fun and stuff, but definitely time consuming. They don''t kid around with this whole medical education thing, do they?!!?!?!

Anyway, my ring is coming this summer at the latest. I''m pretty sure he''s not planning on busting it out sooner to surprise me, because he says he thinks getting engaged this summer is the right time to do it. (our 2 year anniversary is june 4, and we''ll be getting married in May 2005, so I think he likes the idea of dating for 2 years/engaged for 2 years.)

I personally wouldn''t mind getting my ring NOW, but that''s why we''re all here, isn''t it???
1.gif

Get this! 3 girls in my class (first years) got engaged over Xmas, and one of them is engaged to a guy in our class!!! Actually she''s one of my friends from college, and she started dating a guy in our class in October or so, and now they''re engaged, and getting married Feb. 26th!!! Our first class marriage, hehe!

I''ll definitely miss seeing everyone once we get into clinics...it''s amazing how close you can get to these people in such a short amount of time. There''s something about braving the trauma of med school together, I think.
2.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
HOUMed, WOW, that is one fast courtship! Good for them--I mean, they''re obviously both goal-driven and know what they want (I find most doctors and med students do!) but.....jeesh!!! Kind of makes my head spin
26.gif

aeli

Rough_Rock
Wow, and I thought fiance and I moved fast! We met in September, and were engaged and living together a month later. When it hit me how fast everything happened (my last serious relationship lasted 5 years with only casual talks of marriage), I insisted on a longish engagement (at least a year or two).

GingerB - I loved the concept of your 3 stone ring. I''ve been trying to decide between a 3 stone or a solitaire with a pave band and a pave basket. Now I''m thinking I''d love a thin version of the Mikimoto eternity band with head similar to the Cartier solitaire (not sure if I like the 4 prong or 6 prong better). How did all you other ladies make your decisions!?!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, it was fast, but they seem super extra happy.
1.gif
Ever since she started dating him, she''s had THIS look in her eyes:
30.gif

I wasn''t too surprised when they came back from Xmas engaged. They are getting married pretty quick, but she explained it to me: his brother is getting married in late spring/summer, and so they didn''t want to get to close to that wedding, and they wanted to get it done before too long because we will start clinical rotations in a year and they wanted to be able to enjoy being newlyweds for awhile before they had to go off and get all busy on rotations. So, end of Feb. it is!

I must admit, if it was possible for my man and me to be in the same city, I''d be tempted to get the wedding thing going a lot sooner too (maybe this summer??) But alas, we will live 3 hours apart for the next 2.5 years, because we are both in grad school at different schools. boooooo. Thankfully it''s no more than 3 hours! I think I''d go nuts if I didn''t get to see him every week or 2.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
So I did it! I''ve decided (for the most part) and emailed the one and only LEON and will be talking to him on Monday (if my work schedule permits...please let me work schedule permit!)! And now after reading lovey and cute''s posts...I am DYING to make that call!
19.gif

I am so excited !!!!
36.gif
i feel like a little kid on Christmas eve!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
ginger: I''m so excited that you get to talk to Leon!!! After seeing Lovey''s ring it is very tempting to deal with him too! What''s a girl to do!

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/19/2005 4:51:31 PM
Author: aeli
with smaller pears...
LOL ... more like bigger rock!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
To quote Caroline a.k.a. Croi !

So its done! I talked to Leon this afternoon and will be sending my diamond to him via Dave Atlas post appraisal and laser inscription. He''s going to call me when the diamond gets there to talk details!
36.gif
I''m so freakin'' excited that its finally starting! So to update you guys on how I finally decided Leon...after many hours/days/weeks of contemplation I realized I would never be happy with a ring that wasn''t custom made for me and I would always semi-yearn for something Leon so....i figured save me the headache thinking anymore and let Leon take over! AND THEN, this weekend seeing Lovey''s G*O*R*G*E*O*U*S Leon creation..it was fate and I knew I made the right choice. It just feels right, no hesitation like with the Tacori. So yay!
36.gif

So hopefully we can get the stone mailed this week...oh wait! TOmorrow I am getting off work early to take my hunnie to the doc (he hurt his knee, pobrecito!) Which mean I will be out and about while UPS is open....yay again! We are thinking of getting the custom laser inscription since we want it for id purposes, might as well have something more sentimental than numbers since I never plan to upgrade. We''re thinking either " de mi gordito " which means of or from my little fatty...thats my nickname for him cuz he loves to eat despite being and his metabolism has yet to fail on him...what''s funny is I started calling him this on my own, and it turns out all the women in his family call there husbands that (it''s not derogatory term).
9.gif
Other option is just " anh yeu em " which means i love you in vietnamese. Too cheesy?

side note: so i got a new digital camera this weekend and wanted to test the macro mode...sooooooooo...i secretly got the diamond and took pics of it without asking my bf.....and totally got caught!
emembarrassed.gif
And he''s making me erase all the pics! all my pretty pretty pics!
emcry.gif
booooooooooooooo....so i deleted it off the camera.....but not off thecomputer yet...
31.gif
maybe he''ll forget now that I have him turned onto his xbox
11.gif
sooooooooooo.....technically i could post the pics then erase them from my hard drive and technically, they would be erased right? ok...that did it... i AM evil!
38.gif
9.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Ginger: So exciting!!! Please keep us posted!!!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
gingerb
Your reaction to my ring is the same one that I had when I saw Reena's cushion. It took me about .05 seconds to decide on LM. My BF was a bit hesitant, until he actually met Leon and was inspired by his passion and talent.

I can't wait to see your final product!!!!!!!!! If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to PM me. Your initial design concept looks gorgeous too..love the 3 stone!

-lovey
36.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ginger!

What design did you end up choosing? I love Leon. I want a LEON! BAD LOVEY!! I wanted a Leon, thought it would be too complicated to see him, and told my bf he could get whiteflash to make a similar design, but then I saw Lovery''s ring... and honestly, it is just a cut above the rest! So I told my bf, he''d have to make 2 trips to New York (14 hour drive each time). So I definitely, think you made the right decision. But what is he making you? Oh yes, and why was your original dream ring impossible to make? It looks do-able. Did they give you a reason? Don''t forget to tell us how it went!
35.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
yay ginger! i am sooo glad you decided to go with your gut- with Leon! like lovey, i was totally sold after reena''s ring and now lovey''s ring only made me more sure that nothing less will do. tooo exciting!
36.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
What design did you end up choosing? I love Leon. I want a LEON! BAD LOVEY!!

heh heh
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif
11.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Ginger, hooray!!!! I am so excited for you and your honey....and I love those laser inscription ideas too! WOW, Leon should give a special "LIW" discount!!

9.gif
30.gif
YAY!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sending my bf the appraiser info today which means hopefull this week or EARLY next th ring will g to the appraiser and a few days later, my precious will be in the hands of THE MASTER
36.gif

alley - the design I ended up choosing is Leon!
9.gif
All I''m going ask for is three sided pave with milgraining ona very thin and dainty band and on the basket, no bezel, and that everyhing should look very flowing, graceful, and delicate. Oh and of course Who could get a Leon without the infamous claw prongs?
30.gif
I guess it wil prob look similar to the pic i called "my other leon love." but with an rb.

icekid - i know the feeling...after seeing all the gorgeous leon creations, you get to the point where you know you wouldn''t be happy with out it!

blue - so my bf and I talked about the inscriptions...and I think we decided to change it to "You''re the one." as in the song from dirty dancing..."baaaaaby...doo-do-doo....oh my sweet baaaaby....doo-do-doo....something some thing baaaaaaby....doo-do-doo....you''re. the. one" It was the first song he sang to me after we got together while we were cuddling and basking in our newfound love.
9.gif
But he''s taken over the diamond now and what he ends up inscribing...who knows? But I know I''ll love it!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger: I think you are absolutely right...posting THEN deleting is the way to go!!!!
11.gif

Leon is getting harder and harder to resist! After all, I do live in Jersey! He''s only a hop, skip, and a jump away...

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Ginger, the Sylvia/Mickey song!!! Too cute! (Ok, embarassing revelation: I did a DANCE to that song with a friend in an 8th grade talent show. With the requisite rolled up denim shorts-a-la-Jennifer-Grey.)

*hides head in shame*
38.gif
32.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
blueroses AKA "Baby"
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

(insert giggle here)
You MUST post a picture of that. Seriously tho, we all thought Patrick Swayze was HOT when that movie came out.
5.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Omigod, Lovey, I know. It''s so embarassing, but there are worse adolescent crushes to have!! Sadly, there are no pictures of said event (thank god) but I''m sure I could find something equally-mortifying if I tried!

Come on, you 30-ish girls all know you were dancing to that soundtrack at slumber parties with your permed bangs, sun-in highlights, scrunchy socks, pegged acid-wash zip-ankled jeans and massive Benneton Rugbies, right!!??
2.gif
3.gif

Nobody puts baby in a corner.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, now I feel old!
6.gif

I can remember seeing that movie in the theaters. Didn''t it come out yesterday?
31.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
21.gif
I love the watermelon dance LOL - loved that movie!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2005 4
6.gif
5:59 PM
Author: blueroses

Come on, you 30-ish girls all know you were dancing to that soundtrack at slumber parties with your permed bangs, sun-in highlights, scrunchy socks, pegged acid-wash zip-ankled jeans and massive Benneton Rugbies, right!!??
2.gif
3.gif

Sigh! The good ol days!!!

Oh, come on, ladies! God wouldn''t have given you maracas if He didn''t want you to shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake ''em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
"just put your pickle on everybody''s plate college boy and leave the hard stuff to me"

sylvia.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ooooomigosh you guys are too funny. i am too young to have done anything that silly in regards to patrick swayze
25.gif
25.gif
(no comment on me and new kids on the block when i was about 8 though!!)

but that sounds like a really cute inscription ginger!!

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2005 4
6.gif
5:59 PM
Author: blueroses
Omigod, Lovey, I know. It''s so embarassing, but there are worse adolescent crushes to have!! Sadly, there are no pictures of said event (thank god) but I''m sure I could find something equally-mortifying if I tried!

2.gif
3.gif

Oh boy! I didn''t see it in the theatre when it came out, but did catch it at my aunt''s house right when it came out on video. Now I own a copy on DVD. Great rainy day movie.

Nobody puts baby in a corner is my ''signature line''- never fails to get a laugh. When going out with friends- in a bar or somesuch, table available in the corner....''NPBIAC'' always makes its way out of my mouth. And strangely, my friends don''t get tired of it.......

I love Leon too...but it really was too much for the budget. I am very happy with my whiteflash though, and who knows...maybe I''ll get something else from Leon in the future.

Which brings me to another point....not a lot of people saw the movie, but every time I see the name Leon, I think of the movie ''The Professional'' with Natalie Portman and Jean some french last name. Love that movie.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results