shape
carat
color
clarity

Engaged and no Ring yet...

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
It's funny as I've been engaged for a little over a month, yet I don't feel like a 'bride'-in-waiting... probably becasuse we still don't have a ring...

We have a beautiful center stone that we got on 12/21/12 :) woo for me finally making up my mind on the center stone... But I'm seriously thinking that the boy is having a hard time with a setting because he knows that I'm just a little picky when it come to jewelry. I'm hoping that we can get out this weekend sometime to maybe do some setting shopping... we don't have internet at home, and my boy doesn't do computers/internet (he knows how, he just doesn't have one) so purchasing online for a setting could be hard? or not? I'm not sure, but as I keep changing my mind (though I recently fell in love with LizC's Buttercup setting) I think that I'm going to have to see the setting in person to actually make up my mind...

Anywho, I've been thinking about dates for our Reception, and my 1st-4th choices:
8/31/13 (2nd)
9/7/13 (4th)
11/9/13 (3rd)
12/31/13 (1st)

any suggestions...

audball

Ideal_Rock
Aww, don't worry! You'll figure out the setting and get your ring soon.

Have you started sharing the news with friends/family? Or are you keeping your engagement to yourselves until the ring is done? Our engagement felt very surreal until we started sharing with other people.

And we share a special day! Our engagement was 12/21/12. :love:

As for dates, I totally feel you! People started asking within HOURS of our announcement "when's the big day?" Ugh! I don't know! It's been, um, 2 hours!

I love 12/31/13, a New Years Eve wedding would be fun!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
we kind of tell people now, it's not really a secret, but he tech hasn't even talked to my dad yet... so... and we are not announcing until our ring is done... I was hoping to get it done before the new year, looks like that isn't happening...

audball

Ideal_Rock
I'm guessing that's probably part of why it doesn't feel real. I knew it was real the moment the words came from him and I saw the hopeful look in his eyes as he hit one knee waiting for the YES, but it felt even more so when we started calling family and friends to share the news and we got so many loving responses and congratulations.

I think spreading the news will make it feel more real for you.

Firstly, do you consider yourself engaged even without the ring? IF so, why not go ahead and start telling people? Have him talk to your Dad and start sharing. Tell people he proposed with the stone and that you are shopping for the perfect home for it together if anyone asks about a ring.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I proposed to him, but I have a feeling that when our ring is done, that he wants to in return Propose to me :praise:

audball

Ideal_Rock
ILoveSpinel|1356725762|3341659 said:
I proposed to him, but I have a feeling that when our ring is done, that he wants to in return Propose to me :praise:
I remember now. Ok, so then maybe the proposal *from him* is important to you and you're not feeling engaged yet because he hasn't asked you. I get that, if that's the case.

Either way - I hope that you get to feeling engaged and ready to shout it from the rooftops soon!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
THANKS!!! We are looking into a LizC Buttercup setting (that's on Diamondbistro), white gold with a rosegold 'prong' (I think that's the terms I'm supposed to use). Anyways, I'm pretty sure that it'll look fab!!!

lizcbuttercupsetting.png

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: ILS , if that's your setting --- WOW!! It will be GORGEOUS!!!! Congratulation on the engagement, the lavender spinel and the setting!! Can't wait for you to have it on your hand and then... its OFFICIAL!! (not that it isn't already, but it will "FEEL" official then!)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, I was just admiring this setting on DB tonight, and thinking how beautiful it was and how much I loved it! I think it would look gorgeous with your stone!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
That setting would be beautiful for your spinel!! I hope you are able to get your ring made soon and can announce it to everyone...it's such a happy occasion, we want you to be excited about it and feel engaged!!! ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results