shape
carat
color
clarity

just a little photo of a 50's e-ring

imagardener2

Rough_Rock
Nothing as nice as many photographs here. I was fooling around with a small pocket camera to convince a relative they don't need expensive equipment to take close-up photos (as long as you can crop closer later). Not easy but do-able

I inherited this ring with (2) 5mm diamonds. It's not my style but I'll keep it to pass along to one of my nieces since it belonged to their grandmother. It feels like the design is "older" than early 50's, probably purchased in Philadelphia or Delaware.
I think I posted a previous photo of it but my orchid is in bloom (Serendipity is it's name) so I took advantage. Hard to turn jewelry to get it just right when there's a flower involved, that's why only one side is showing.
momsring_2.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely!

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
Aren't these white diamonds?

imagardener2

Rough_Rock
woops.guess I posted in the wrong place. but this is the only forum I ever go to. so I guess I'll remove it if I can figure out how to do that...

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I believe you click on the "report concern" button and ask the mods to move it. I'd move to Antique and Vintage Jewelry :))

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pretty ring! I wonder if the two 5mm stones are old cuts.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very pretty! I just love vintage rings, and this is a beautiful one! :love:

imagardener2

Rough_Rock
thanks gemfever for the suggestion to move this thread to Vintage where it belongs and your kind comments. I have no idea what the cut of the diamonds are.

thanks june bug too.

browsing ebay got this similar ring which they call 1940's. Cuter than my ring IMO, I LOVE illusion settings. Interesting that the ebay ring's diamonds are different sizes. I like it a lot (but will restrain myself from buying I hope).

__kgrhqv__g8e7q3__codbpgvzbjeow__60_57.jpg

below is a photo of my ring next to 5mm sapphire earrings. I was commenting when I posted it that the illusion head on the ring really makes 5mm look a lot bigger compared to same size sapphires, which look dinky lol.
sappsanddiamonds.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results