shape
carat
color
clarity

Silver jewellery, what is best and where in New York?

blue_diamonds

Rough_Rock
Hello, I've done some searching around and noticed that silver is rarely used anymore. It's stronger than gold and is equally beautiful to white gold, if not more so. Also, it doesn't strip away like white gold. So why is it rarely used, atleast in New York anyway?

I would like to get a ring made of silver, in a very elaborate, vintage style. All silver, I'll provide my own gem. No diamonds, only feligree and engraving, save for the center stone.

Do you know of any New York jewellers that use silver, have great quality work and if so, how much would a piece like what I'm asking would cost? Estimates I'm sure.

_2580.jpg

_2581.jpg

oval3.png

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't believe that silver is stronger than gold -- at least the gold alloys that are used in jewelry. I love silver myself, but from what I understand, the metal does not lend itself to very fine work... though I may be mistaken. It scratches easily and tarnishes. If you want a silver ring, you should probably pick a simpler design with less detail. I have had some stuff done in silver through a jeweler on Etsy, DanielM. Here is his shop:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/danielmjewelry?ref=usr_faveitems&atr_uid=8209803

You could contact them (Daniel and his wife, Caren) and see what they can do.

Cheers!

blue_diamonds

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the link, I checked it out and those pieces were kind of bland, no offense to them or anyone else. The next photo is silver and is nicely done. Would you happen to have an idea of how much something like this may cost?

silver1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results