shape
carat
color
clarity

New Tahitian Baroques from PP!

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
I had been pining for a new pearl necklace for MONTHS and originally decided I wanted a strand of natural white hanadamas or AAA akoyas and waited until Christmas time to see what sorts of deal they would have. But last week, I saw the sale that Pearl Paradise was running on Tahitian Baroque strands, and after looking at a few, I completely changed my mind and decided to go with this baby:

tan_893_703x324.gif

The pearls have a dark green body and blue overtones, and per the description on PP, this is the one for lovers of blue and green. I couldn't see the blue particularly well in the photos but decided that they sounded too gorgeous to pass up, so I ordered them and anxiously awaited their arrival last night. Of course all during the week, I was second guessing my choice and tried to find other potential necklaces if I didn't like what I received. Well, I opened the box yesterday and literally squealed when I saw them, they were absolutely stunning! Definitely saw the blue overtones (as well as some cherry and peacock bands), and they are just so lustrous beyond what I saw in the photos :lickout: . Pictures cannot capture how beautiful they are, and the colors just seem to change in different lighting.

Here are a couple of neck shots I took this morning!

And some additional shots taken just now:

chasiutahitian1.jpg

chasiutahitian2.jpg

chasiutahitian3.jpg

chasiutahitian4.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Those are so beautiful! What size are they? They look just perfect on.

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
I knew I forgot to include something... they are 10.2mm - 11.8mm.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I so love pearls, but my DH hates them :(

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
really beautiful. i've been oogling similar strands at pp for a while now.

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Chasiu, Thanks for sharing with us here!! Your choice are really good, they look gorgeous on you. pearl is my birthstone and I have a white string of pearl stand of grade A sent by my mom. Actually she have a pearl string that is similar to your, she would match it with her evening wearings when attending parties, or she would just collect and maintain it carefully. Apparently I know she love it very much!Thus I recommend that you can google and get some information on maintenance knowledge, that can keep your pearls as fresh as new. :) And by the way, i love Baroque style very much!! :appl:

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, those are some nice pearls. I have a "sale" Tahitian strand on its way to me, too. Can't wait to see it, if it looks like your strand I'll be a happy, happy girl. Enjoy them!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Chasiu, Great choice in strands. I hope you find you reach for it often. Do you have Tahitian earrings to wear with your strand?

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
NacreLover said:
Chasiu, Great choice in strands. I hope you find you reach for it often. Do you have Tahitian earrings to wear with your strand?
I don't have Tahitian earrings, just a couple pairs of freshwater and hanadamas. The baroque threaders could be a nice match... I can definitely see myself wearing this strand often, I really love the size and luster of each pearl. I never knew Tahitians could be beautiful until I got these!

I think PS is definitely enabling my jewelry purchases :devil:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Chasiu. I purchased a single pearl pendant on vacation in French Polynesia and it was quite a while before I got my first pair of earrings. Tahitian pearls were not as available in jewelry stores in my area as they are now. I have many pairs of studs but am pining for a pair of dangles to mix things up a little. Do you have a style in mind when you do decide to add to your Black pearl collection?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very nice circle Tahitian strand. I've been eyeing that sale for days now, but just not ready to pull the trigger. Thank you for posting your photos. It's a very helpful comparison to the vendor photos.

I own one Tahitian strand from Sarah at Kojima Pearls, and after it arrived I wanted Tahitian earrings to match. I called Jose at Tahitian Pearls.biz and described what I wanted and he told me what he had available. I was looking for a small blue pair for studs, so I sent Jose a photo of my strand, nestled in white paper, similar to what you have pictured above, and he selected the perfect matching pair. Price is great, too.

http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/tahitian_pearl_earrings.htm

And a link to show how great the match was. Jose has a number of different earring settings available as well.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-christmas-pearls-are-on-the-way.153899/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-christmas-pearls-are-on-the-way.153899/[/URL]

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Chasiu said:
I never knew Tahitians could be beautiful until I got these!
Oops, meant to say I never knew they could be so beautiful. The only ones I had seen up close in person were in jewelry store windows. I really need to figure out how to take better photos of pearls, I just really can't capture the colors I see.

NacreLover|1356179576|3337959 said:
Chasiu. I purchased a single pearl pendant on vacation in French Polynesia and it was quite a while before I got my first pair of earrings. Tahitian pearls were not as available in jewelry stores in my area as they are now. I have many pairs of studs but am pining for a pair of dangles to mix things up a little. Do you have a style in mind when you do decide to add to your Black pearl collection?
I predominantly wear stud earrings, but if I go with a pair of Tahitians, I think they'd look better on me as dangles if they are larger than 8mm (and especially if I stick with baroques). Last night, I was looking at the earrings on tahitianpearls.biz and kind of liked this style for more casul wear:
http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/tahit...oe_tahitian_pearl_leverback_earrings_tehr.htm

Or something like this for more formal occasions:
http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/tahitian-pearl-earrings/antique_style_tahitian_pearl_earrings_tewf.htm

Fly Girl said:
Very nice circle Tahitian strand. I've been eyeing that sale for days now, but just not ready to pull the trigger. Thank you for posting your photos. It's a very helpful comparison to the vendor photos.

I own one Tahitian strand from Sarah at Kojima Pearls, and after it arrived I wanted Tahitian earrings to match. I called Jose at Tahitian Pearls.biz and described what I wanted and he told me what he had available. I was looking for a small blue pair for studs, so I sent Jose a photo of my strand, nestled in white paper, similar to what you have pictured above, and he selected the perfect matching pair. Price is great, too.

http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/tahitian_pearl_earrings.htm

And a link to show how great the match was. Jose has a number of different earring settings available as well.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-christmas-pearls-are-on-the-way.153899/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-christmas-pearls-are-on-the-way.153899/[/URL]

Your strand from Kojima Pearls is absolutely gorgeous, as well as that circle baroque rope :love: After looking through the pearl forum so much, I have also been pining after a round multicolor Tahitian/SS strand. One day... :halo:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Those look great on you!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Those are beautiful! :love:
I don't quite know how I've managed to not buy a strand for myself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results