shape
carat
color
clarity

Rolling Ring for Mom...

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi there, awhile back I posted about looking for a ring for my mom for Christmas. I wanted to get her something that would remind her of my dad who we lost tragically in Sept 2012 and for the loss of my brother in 2008. My poor mom has had to endure so much that I wanted to do something nice for her. After everyone's suggestions, I decided on a rolling ring. I purchased this one http://www.rollingring.com/Rolling-Rings-p/rolling-rings-3b3c.htm and took it to be engraved. The yellow gold band has my mom and dad's name, the rose gold has my name, and the white gold has my brother's name. I think she will love it and I hope it will one day be a family heirloom. I am thankful that I have two little boys who she loves dearly and give her so much joy. Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions.

I also wanted to mention that working with Rollingring.com was wonderful. The ring is a beautiful quality and customer service was super responsive. It took awhile for my mom to go and get her finger sized for me to order and when she finally did, when I went to order, the sale had stopped! I emailed them and explained the situation and asked if they would honor the sale price for me. They responded sending their condolences and said they would absolutely honor the sale price. Anyways, great service, great product, and a great price!

I only have one pic but you get the idea!

rollingringmom.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely and thoughtful gift. Your mom will certainly love it, and she is lucky to have a daughter like you.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful. I hope you have a peaceful Christmas. I imagine it will be bittersweet.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lizzyann, I remember you posting about this earlier. I'm so sorry for both your losses. This is such a wonderful reminder of your love for her and keeps her important people close to her heart.

You are a wonderful and sensitive daughter! Love the ring!! Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
A lovely ring that i'm sure she will treasure.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
lizzyann, that is such a sweet gesture for your mom. It is a beautiful ring, and I am sure she will love it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful ring - lovely thought! I am sure she will treasure this always.

I love this idea!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Excellent!

cheers--Sahron

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful daughter you are. That is a beautiful ring with great meaning, and I'm sure it will be a treasure.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
DJ, thank you! My mom is not very flashy so I figured the rolling ring would be a perfect piece for her everyday wear. Love your avatar btw!

Rosebloom, you are absolutely right - bitterweet it is. My now 5 month old son's Baptism was a week before my dad's passing and I am thankful that we were all able to share that day together.

Enerchi, thank you! I was so relieved when I found someone who could engrave it. I guess hand engraving is not something that many can do here locally. Luckily, after searching high and low, I found someone who has a machine that can do it. Thanks for all your help choosing a piece for her!

Maisie, thank you so much!

Alistra, thank you! I can't wait to give it to her.

MGR, thanks very much! I know it is something she will treasure. I am going to make sure she has a chain too in case she ever wants to wear it around her neck.

Canuk-gal, thank you!

SKippy, thank you! Enjoy your boys this holiday!

Jane, thank you! I know it will be a piece that she will enjoy and enjoy talking about too.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
really nice! :appl:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are a wonderful daughter and the ring is very beautiful...I'm sure that your mom will love this ring and wear it happily in the years to come...

SB621

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful and I love the senitment you had when picking out the ring! I'm so sorry you lost your father and brother- I could only imagine how hard that was/is. I love the idea the the ring represents your family and will hopefully one day be passed on to other generations! :appl: It is gorgeous!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a beautiful ring, with such lovely, lovely sentiment behind it. Your mom must treasure it and the memories it holds. Thank you for sharing it with us at PS.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Lizzy Anne

It is beautiful and I am sure your mum will treasure it forever. It has been a hard year for you too.
Sending you big hugs. You are a wonderful daughter!
:wavey:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
What a great gift for your mom. I'm sorry it's been such a tough year for your family. It looks very classy and has such a great sentiment behind it. She is lucky to have you for a daughter.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful idea & a beautiful ring. I absolutely love the idea of the engraving & I am sure she will treasure it forever. Well done you :appl:

And so sorry to hear about what a tough time you have had. Glad you are smiling through & coming up with such wonderful gestures :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results