shape
carat
color
clarity

newbie need some help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

albetan

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

i have read this wonderful website for a couple of days,
cleared a lot of doubts abt buying diamond,
1 thing i am still not sure is the "cut",
there seems to be some variation in defining the Idea Cut.

for someone that is not confident of choosing a good stone with excellent Cutting,
(the other C''s is a lot more straight forward to determine)
will a buyer have a higher chance of getting an excellent cut if he buy from Tiffany range as compared to going into retail shop and buying from their range of ''Idea Cut'' stone ?

I like to see the stone before purchase, so not likely to buy thru the web.

Thanks... all comment welcome

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
You will learn here that cut is THE most important "C"......Some of the elements of cut are listed on the certificate....more or less depending on the type of certificate......continue to study the tuorials on this site re/cut......then you will have a better idea of which parameters to shoot for....after that , it is a good idea to have an independent appraisor look at the stone to be sure that the numbers are what they say they are....Many people do that via the internet...they find a stone that "looks" good by the numbers, then they have an appraisor look at it , and preferably they also get to look at it in person before making a final decision.....Regardless of whether you buy from in person or via internet, make sure that there is a decent return policy......Use the search function here to see many other threads re: this topic, also!!!! Have fun.....it takes a while, but you''ll figure it all out!!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results