shape
carat
color
clarity

bad buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nicolew

Rough_Rock
I am a bit upset. I recently noticed black spots on my ring. Why I hadn''t noticed them before (I''ve had the ring for a month but the 90 day exchange period is over) is beyond me.

I did some cursory research, and I learned how to read my gem Id card from EGL. My ring is round, .5 carot, color is g-h and the clarity is 11, which I hear is not so good. We paid $900.

Got what we paid for, I guess? Is that simply too cheap for a .5 carot diamond with good clarity?

I am upset b/c, of course, the jeweler never said anything about clarity.

Is there anything I can do? There is a trade-in policy, but I''m not sure I want to go with Whitehall Jewelers again after this. Should I just cut my losses and ignore the 4 black specks?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Price inst that bad for a b&m.
Available a little cheaper online.
If it bugs you and the trade in is 100% it might be worth doing.
You the only one that can decide that.
An I1 will usualy have eye visible inclusions.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The jeweler didn't mention "low clarity" - just showd you athe papers with "I1" written, the stone and no explanation. IS it so ?

Does the stone look appealing to you ? I would imagine that if it didn't than you would have inquired for some alternative on the spot. There seem to be plenty of diamonds to choose from. Jewelery shops would call in diamonds beyond their stock so it may not be difficult to ask this jeweler for an alternatve. Selling the ring elsewhere may seems likely to end up more of a waste than a tradeup (judging from the tips added on this forum aside my own limited insight).

What options does this jeweler offer ? How about cut ?

The price sounds ok
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results