shape
carat
color
clarity

Olympus C-60 Zoom Digital Camera

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dobie

Rough_Rock
I figured it is time for me to get my first digital camera. I have some American Express reward points that I''m thinking of redeeming for a digital camera. I currently have enough points for the Olympus C-60 Zoom Digital Camera. Is this a reasonable good digital camera? If I''m using it for taking pics of my GF''s jewellery would I need to buy any additional attachments?

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
There are a bunch of resources that review digital cameras. When I bought mine I used sites like:

dcvies.com
dcresource.com
camerareview.com
imaging-resource.com

I used to do a lot of photography, so for me the feel of a camera is important. If it was me, I''d go to best buy or a camera store and just see if you like how the feel is and how the buttons are.

I looked it up on bestbuy and it was only $350. For a 6 megapixel that seems like a pretty good price to me. Also since it is a point and shoot, you won''t need to worry about buying attatchments for zoom...although the zoom controls on a point and shoot are more limited than an SLR, but the average person doesnt want or need an SLR.

dobie

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Blue. I think I will do what you suggested and go to Best Buy in Canada and their Canadian sister company (Future Shop) to check out all the digital cameras. The selection I get from American Express Canada in digital cameras is very limited (4 or 5 cameras) as compared to the dozens available from AmEx in the US. I had to spend one Canadian dollar for each reward point. I don''t want to waste my points for an overpriced camera. It appears each AmEx Canada reward point is worth 1 Canadian cent. They are asking 98,000 points for the Olympus C-60 which is way too much. I suspect the camera probably sells for around 500 CAD so they are charging double for it. I will definitely get a better deal buying any digital camera from Best Buy or Future Shop. Thanks for those links. I''ll check them all out before going shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results