shape
carat
color
clarity

OK! I have a stone for you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Migraine

Rough_Rock
Weight 0.52 ct.
Shape PRINCESS
Color H
Clarity VS1
Measurements 4.56 x 4.14 x 3.29 mm
Depth 79.5
Table 69.0
Crown 9.4
Pavilion 62.3
Girdle THICK TO VERY THICK POLISHED
Polish GOOD
Symmetry GOOD
Fluorescence NONE
Culet NONE
Cut Grade
Lot H358/C
Comments

UGS Appraisal Value $3270.00

I can purchase this for 1000$

Opinion''s Please
emhug.gif

Migraine

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to add it is graded a 3A cut for AGA princess and the cert is EGL-USA.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
21% smaller spread than a round diamond.
Off square = poor resale value.

Do a price comparison on the listings here on pricescope - dont take too much notice of the pre sale appraisal.

AGS''s new grades will hit this one hard.
Read all about it from the pinned post at the top

Migraine

Rough_Rock
21% smaller spread than a round diamond. (What?)
Off square = poor resale value. (Off square?)

Do a price comparison on the listings here on pricescope - dont take too much notice of the pre sale appraisal. (I did, seems a great value for 1000?)

AGS''s new grades will hit this one hard.( Why?) (It get a 3A right now)

M
emthup.gif
re help please

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/29/2005 5
6.gif
2:15 AM
Author: Migraine

21% smaller spread than a round diamond. (What?)
Off square = poor resale value. (Off square?)

Do a price comparison on the listings here on pricescope - dont take too much notice of the pre sale appraisal. (I did, seems a great value for 1000?)

AGS''s new grades will hit this one hard.( Why?) (It get a 3A right now)

M
emthup.gif
re help please

It spreads 21% less than an accepted standard for ideal cut round.
It is 1:1.1 Length to width = off square

Read the article Paul wrote and the comments.

it will probably be AGS 7

Migraine

Rough_Rock
Gary,

Why would I care about how it compares to ideal cut round this is a princess.

From what I have read the lenth1:1.1 is very good for a princess

I have read the artical and from the research I have done this looks to fit what I am looking for which is- H or better VS1 or better 0.50 to 0.54 princess for 1100$max.

Can you or someone else show be in comparison a stone for that price that is better then the one I have listed? I would also appreciate some more opinions on my stone Thank you.
18.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
18.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/18.gif" border="0">

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
You price seems pretty good, but the stone''s cut is not.

With regard to spread, Garry was comparing the face up surface area of this stone to that of a round (since most people think in terms of how big a 1/2 ct round appears), and it does not compare favorably.

Finding a princess much closer to 1:1 shouldn''t be difficult, if that''s what you want. This 1.10:1 might trade at a bit of a discount, but that could be what you are looking for.

If you read the topic about the AGS princess grades, you''ll find that the big tables, shallow crowns, and deep pavillions to which the rough lends itself most easily are not even close to the optimal proportions for light return. Consumers so far have not forced the market to cut better princesses and the major labs hadn''t previously exposed the poor cuts by a assigning cut grade. The grading part is about to change - we''ll just have to see what the consumers want.

Dave Atlas may even be forced to have another look at his AGA grading for princesses.

Migraine

Rough_Rock

Thank you for the responses so far. I would appreciate any listings of optimum stats for a diamond that meets my money and c requirements that I listed.

Thank you again

36.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
As you can see, the measurements on THIS GIA STONE (of comparable ct wt to the one you chose) make it face up much bigger, as the depth is much better & it''s not hiding weight in the girdle. It''s also v square, has VG sym & EX pol... is it worth the bit extra? in my book, for an engagement ring- YES!

There''s also THIS DCD Stone which faces up slightly bigger - again, v square, great measurements, etc. - same price as the one above.

And, finally, THIS ONE which faces up just as big as the first listed stone but is a VS2 (you shouldn''t have to worry about a VS2 being eye-clean in this size stone & anyway DCD could verify if it''s a nice looking diamond).

Best of luck to you Migraine!
9.gif

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
 This one has decent stats for $1175.

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00202520

Also:
http://www.jewelryzone.com/details.php3?item=1471926

Migraine

Rough_Rock
alexah

DCD looks pretty good, I searched them and could not find much about the company. Any thoughts on them?

Thank you to all who replied so far the big date id coming fast 02/11

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Do a search for "Dirt Cheap Diamonds" rather than "DCD," and you will have more luck.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results