carat
color
clarity

What is Old is made New: Pink tournaline in Art Deco setting

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: What is Old is made New: Pink tournaline in Art Deco set

Thank you Stargurl. You are always so sweet to everyone.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock

The bright pink in that stone is so hot it is blinding. Your deco setting is beautiful and I think the pairing is interesting and lively. If you are not happy, you can always change it, that is the fun of jewelry. :twirl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Omieluv,
Where have you been? Is it me or have not been as active as previously on the boards? I miss seeing your kitty avatar.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock

No, I haven't been active for a while. Been lurking for the past couple of days, but felt compelled to complement your tourmaline, as it is a beauty. :love: Oh and to say that your photo skills have improved, so glad to see you are posting more photos. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1354300938|3319384 said:
Missy,
I thought 8 pictures would be sufficient. :)) Depending on the weather, I might brave the chilly winter air again later in December.

VL, IN, FlyGirl, MT, Freke, Distracts, Arkteia, Vida and Laila,
Everyone is always so kind in their compliments, even if it isn't your cup of tea. Thank you!

The Elms,
The pink tourmaline is 6 mm, the blue sapphire is 5.7 mm or thereabouts, just a smidge smaller. I'm starting to wonder if it is because the setting is too delicate / small for my taste.

I just had to come back and drool over your stone and ring again. OMG- really so beautiful!!!! :love: :love: :love:
You now have me wanting a pink stone (for a pendant) btw! :cheeky: PS is not good for my pocketbook lol!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am not sorry to lure you over to the colourful side. :devil:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1354620673|3322089 said:
I am not sorry to lure you over to the colourful side. :devil:

Hah-and I am not sorry to be lured! :love:

(That is until I add up my jewelry expenses for the year... :cheeky:)

imagardener2

Rough_Rock

Well I missed this thread entirely until now. Gorgeous ring. Thing is I have been looking online for this type of setting for months. I just love the illusion head but it is very hard to find an illusion ring that will take even a 5mm stone (diamond I own). The rings I see are for smaller stones which was the norm for that era. And I do not have a talented jeweler to re-design/add prongs for larger stone.

LOVE the prongs on your ring and totally in love with the look of a round stone in a square setting (but don't want a halo).
I found a ring last night that is gorgeous but comes with a 6mm diamond which puts it out of my price range.

Your rings photo is now at the top of my pile of "this is what I want" photos (adding my 5mm diamond of course).
Search continues...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Iamgardener,
Thanks. I, too, am looking for a similar setting to reset my blue sapphire. The illusion head is great for small sized gems and the design gives good finger coverage. I don't want to halo it because I don't feel halos work when the stones are below a certain mm size; it actually makes the stone look smaller instead of larger.

Lula

Ideal_Rock

I haven't had time to lurk/post much, so I'm late to this thread. But I have to say wow! What a perfect match. I love that setting :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Love the tourmaline Chrono! That is my favorite color of pink ever!!!!! And of course I love the setting as anything art-decoy sings to me! :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

bk4ver

Rough_Rock

I love the stone color...so bright and flashy pink...perfect with the setting!

tara3056

Shiny_Rock

Gorgeous ring!! I do love Bob Kast's rubellites, and I'm so impressed that your pics really convey how hot pink they are IRL. I got one for my Mom and had it made into a special pendant for her, and while it looks hot pink IRL, my pics make it look like rubbish :(

iLander

Ideal_Rock

I love the cool, sophisticated look of pink and white gold together. :love: :appl:

Very pretty, and the outdoor color is luscious!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, I didn't expect this thread to be resurrected. Many thanks to Lula, bk4ever, and iLander for the compliments on my new / old pink spinel ring.

Sarahbear,
So glad to see you pop in here again after a long absence. Thank you for the kind words about my ring.

Tara,
I'm sorry the photography of your mother's Bob Kast pink tourmaline pendant is such a pain in the bottom for you but I know they must be truly beautiful and super hot in person. There's no way they look like rubbish at all.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

With all due respect to Chrono, now that I look at it again, I am not at all sure that the stone, the setting, and the total package really work and are good enough for Chrono. The best bet, Chrono, is to send the stone and everything to someone like me to take a closer look. I admit that its not the best timing for me, but I understand that it needs to be done and for you, Chrono I'd be willing to sacrifice just to help you out and for make sure it is of extremely high quality... :bigsmile:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful. I think the bright pink gem makes the ring look fresh and crisp.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1357023179|3344769 said:
With all due respect to Chrono, now that I look at it again, I am not at all sure that the stone, the setting, and the total package really work and are good enough for Chrono. The best bet, Chrono, is to send the stone and everything to someone like me to take a closer look. I admit that its not the best timing for me, but I understand that it needs to be done and for you, Chrono I'd be willing to sacrifice just to help you out and for make sure it is of extremely high quality... :bigsmile:

Uh huh, yup, and I believe every word you wrote. I thank you for your sacrifice but cannot bear to make you suffer such a ring. As such, it is best that I hand it down to my DIL and hope that she knows nothing about gems and jewellery. ;))

Thank you, Lisa!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful stone and beautiful setting!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results