shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond doesn't match Cert

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
If a diamond doesn't exactly match it's GIA certificate, will this affect using the cert for insurance purposes? The discrepancy between the stone and the cert is the culet. The stone has a medium culet, yet the GIA cert says "none." This is on an OEC stone, I don't mind the culet, I just want to know if I should bother having GIA fix the certificate. Thanks!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How do you know for sure the diamond is the right one for the GIA paperwork? It might be a typo on the report, or it could be that the diamond is the wrong stone. How long havew you owned the OEC diamond and when was the GIA document made? Was it made for you or was it provided to you by a vendor?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I don't own the stone, I'm looking to purchase. I did see the stone personally and to me everything else seemed to match, except the culet. The stone and cert are provided by a vendor, Old world diamonds. The GIA cert is dated Feb2012. I did not take to a separate appraiser.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ask OWD about it. It doesn't affect the value but if it bugs you, it's easy enough for them to get it fixed, especially if they're still in possession of the stone. If it's the wrong document for the stone, obviously that would be a major problem but that doesn't seem to be what you're expecting to be the case.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results