shape
carat
color
clarity

The "Please Help Me Find..." Thread!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
My SIL wants some gloves. I don't know which are the best gloves; she lives somewhere cold. I would love suggestions for some nice gloves you all love. Thanks in advance. :wavey:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
radiantquest|1353964484|3315913 said:
Alright. I have been looking for this for a loooong time.

I need a new robe to wear around the house. I want it to be warm and "fleecy" on the inside and satin on the outside.

VS used to sell them about 10 years ago. I was talking to a woman at work and she said that her daughter is looking for one as well. Please, Please, Please find this for me!!! Thanks in advance, because I am sure that if you can find white PB cups a satin robe with fleece inside is a cake walk. :D

I know exactly what you're talking about, I used to have one of these. Very thin fleece, right?

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, qtiekiki! They look real cozy. Im surprised that the first two are nearly $200 and Oscar de la Renta was the cheapest of them all.

I asked for a new robe for Christmas. I guess I am going to have to start being a very good girl to get a $200 robe ;-)

Although I appreciate qtie's work if someone comes across a less expensive one please let me know.

Supers

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1353957870|3315824 said:
I got reminded about my flats while typing in Gypsy's CS thread. I am on my last pair of Vera Wang Lillians, and they're starting to wear out. I have tried alternatives, like a pair from Aldo, but nothing can ever compare. If anyone can find me a great alternative shoe, or even a place to buy the Lillians, that would be appreciated very much!

I need my flats to be leather, inside and out, and to have support. The Lillians have a hidden platform heel that's less than an inch high.
verawanglavenderlillianblklea_front_300.jpg
I don't want brand name logos all over it, and I don't want to pay a lot of $. I'm aware that the Lillians are a Lanvin knockoff, but there's no way I'll pay $700 for Lanvins. I want them plain, just like this pair. No frills, no ties, no bows, nothing. I don't find Tory Burch comfy.

They need to be comfy for me to wear while walking around for my 12-hour shifts, and for walking around all over a university campus.
They have to be good quality enough so that I can wear it for at least half a year. I hate replacing shoes.

***fingers crossed that one of you ladies wears a pair that fits my description, and can point me in the right direction!***

I've been looking at shoes from this Etsy seller, which may fit your description. Leather inside and out, with a variety of colours available for $90. Very tempted especially as they had a Black Friday discount but don't need more shoes..
http://www.etsy.com/listing/110354760/wheat-handmade-leather-ballet-flat-shoes

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
aviastar, thank you so much for looking, I really appreciate it! But I think I've found the answer.

And I have to wonder, who would buy a used, half dried up globe..... lol Ebay, gotta love it.

p.s. I love your av.

Dee, yes I had thought of that, but I was always concerned with:

1. cracking it while trying to get it apart

and

2. even if I got it apart cleanly, coud I get a good seal afterward. So, with 2 unknowns, I've just left it as is, so i could still enjoy it moreless. But thanks you!

Skippy, you are too smart! Honestly, you belong over in the baking thread. lol

Thank you, this is a GREAT idea, I'm sold. Going to oder it. Muchos gracias! MUAH!

Gypsy, thank you! Gosh, I'm almost affraid to say that I'm not actually "back" per se, more like stopping in for a visit. But if I say that, I'm affraid you'll take back that extremely exuberant super smiley welcome. And that would make me sad, so I won't say anything. K? *winks*

Thank you sweetie, I really do appreciate the heartfelt welcome. I have thought of you often, and hope you are doing well.

I had never thought of taking a word off, thanks for the suggestion! Will chalk it away for future reference.

And thanks again all! Life is good. <------------- It really IS the little things. :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my Gosh!!!! ELLEN, I LOVE LOVE that you are posting on PS!!!! This feels like old times, LOVE IT! Deejay, Gypsy, Ellen, woot! :appl: :appl:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1353976442|3316058 said:
Oh my Gosh!!!! ELLEN, I LOVE LOVE that you are posting on PS!!!! This feels like old times, LOVE IT! Deejay, Gypsy, Ellen, woot! :appl: :appl:

Aw, thank you mam. *blush* <---------- Seriously, I have GOT to learn the new smiley system, I cannot respond appropriately. LOL

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Ok - I am picky about shoes but I actually wear a similar pair from Target that have been super, super comfy and were $12.99. However, no heel support and I'm not on my feet 12 hours. I have worn them while being pulled by 135 lbs of dogs on a long walk and my feet were still good! ;-)

Have you tried the other Vera Wang Flats? I see a bunch on Nordstrom...
http://shop.nordstrom.com/sr?keyword=vera+wang+flat&origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0

What size are you? I see a size 8 left on amazon of the Lillian in patent black:
http://www.amazon.com/Vera-Wang-Lavender-Lillian-Black-Patent/dp/B00591CJMM/ref=sr_1_2?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1353982310&sr=1-2&keywords=vera+wang+lillian
And in 8 on ebay in gold:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Vera-Wang-Lavender-Lillian-Gold-Snake-Ballet-Flat-/220712410755

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Supers|1353973720|3316026 said:
I've been looking at shoes from this Etsy seller, which may fit your description. Leather inside and out, with a variety of colours available for $90. Very tempted especially as they had a Black Friday discount but don't need more shoes..
http://www.etsy.com/listing/110354760/wheat-handmade-leather-ballet-flat-shoes

Thanks, Supers! Its so weird.. I got excited that they're custom fit, but why are the heels leather, instead of whatever hard material they're supposed to be made of? This looks like it'd be a great fit for working in carpeted environments, not walking on pavements where the leather can be torn on cement. Odd. It'd be perfect if they had a normal bottom. :wacko: Thank you though!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
webdiva|1353979328|3316091 said:
Ok - I am picky about shoes but I actually wear a similar pair from Target that have been super, super comfy and were $12.99. However, no heel support and I'm not on my feet 12 hours. I have worn them while being pulled by 135 lbs of dogs on a long walk and my feet were still good! ;-)

Have you tried the other Vera Wang Flats? I see a bunch on Nordstrom...
http://shop.nordstrom.com/sr?keyword=vera+wang+flat&origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=0

What size are you? I see a size 8 left on amazon of the Lillian in patent black:
http://www.amazon.com/Vera-Wang-Lavender-Lillian-Black-Patent/dp/B00591CJMM/ref=sr_1_2?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1353982310&sr=1-2&keywords=vera+wang+lillian
And in 8 on ebay in gold:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Vera-Wang-Lavender-Lillian-Gold-Snake-Ballet-Flat-/220712410755

Thanks, Webdiva! Honestly, I'm not really looking forward to spending $200/pr of shoes anymore, so no, I haven't looked at other Nordys brands. I'm not working like I used to, so I have no justification to spend that much $. Eek! I wasn't happy about spending $200 when I was working 60+ hrs/week, and now it would just be a stupid move. :errrr: I bought a patent version, and had to return it. What is it with patent? It looks so gorgeous new, but it scuffs so easily. :angryfire: I am not the most careful person. I have two left feet, and dink my feet everywhere. My pinky toes are proof of abuse! LOL! I think I need to daily hunt on eBay. I see some really well priced ones, just not in my size! ;( Thank you, though.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a couple gift certificates but haven't bought a pair yet but Tieks are very popular around here Madelise.

Also try Block London. I do NOT recommend Cole Haan.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SKIPPY - Thank you for the message about the sheets! For the gloves; do you want something a little dressy that she can wear with a nice coat or just purely utilitarian (think sledding with the kids)?

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen|1353975352|3316044 said:
aviastar, thank you so much for looking, I really appreciate it! But I think I've found the answer.

And I have to wonder, who would buy a used, half dried up globe..... lol Ebay, gotta love it.

p.s. I love your av.

. :)

Yes, well, is IS ebay!

p.s. Thank you! It was the very first gift my (now) DH gave me; it's based on a Celtic trinity knot that I love, but apparently it was so well recieved, the jeweler added the design to his inventory! It means a great deal to me and I wear it daily :D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen|1353976786|3316061 said:

Aw, thank you mam. *blush* <---------- Seriously, I have GOT to learn the new smiley system, I cannot respond appropriately. LOL

I know you said you aren't back to stay. But could you do your drive by's a little more often?

I miss you, and your sense of humor. If you get any squirrel visits or anything and want someplace to share, I hope you will do a pop in and let us share with you. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

And yes, even if you aren't back to stay you get ((HUGE HUGS))

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1354026665|3316402 said:
SKIPPY - Thank you for the message about the sheets! For the gloves; do you want something a little dressy that she can wear with a nice coat or just purely utilitarian (think sledding with the kids)?

oh I am glad you got my msg! woot! I think a little dressy she can wear with a nice coat; she moved to VA from Savannah so something warm but cute for going around town. It won't be for sledding. I just thought I would ask since it isn't too cold here where I need gloves and I don't know which brand is the best; I want something to last. Thanks for any thoughts!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1354054999|3316799 said:
Dee*Jay|1354026665|3316402 said:

oh I am glad you got my msg! woot! I think a little dressy she can wear with a nice coat; she moved to VA from Savannah so something warm but cute for going around town. It won't be for sledding. I just thought I would ask since it isn't too cold here where I need gloves and I don't know which brand is the best; I want something to last. Thanks for any thoughts!

Sorry I didn't reply by email; my iphone's new favorite way to fvck with me is to not allow me to send email and say the email address I'm trying to send to "doesn't allow relaying." I don't even know what that means, but there are pages and pages of people on Google who apparently have the same problem. I just don't care enough to fix it...

Anyway! To answer your question, I think Isotoner might be a good option. They have nice lined gloves in both leather and other materials. I find them to fit my (stubby little!) fingers nicely and to be pretty warm. They also aren't horribly expensive and you can generally use most department store coupons on them too.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
radiantquest|1353964484|3315913 said:
Alright. I have been looking for this for a loooong time.

I need a new robe to wear around the house. I want it to be warm and "fleecy" on the inside and satin on the outside.

VS used to sell them about 10 years ago. I was talking to a woman at work and she said that her daughter is looking for one as well. Please, Please, Please find this for me!!! Thanks in advance, because I am sure that if you can find white PB cups a satin robe with fleece inside is a cake walk. :D

What about this one? http://wintersilks.blair.com/product/9028.uts?cid=cs_ws_googleshopping

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1354053089|3316774 said:
Ellen|1353976786|3316061 said:

I know you said you aren't back to stay. But could you do your drive by's a little more often?

I miss you, and your sense of humor. If you get any squirrel visits or anything and want someplace to share, I hope you will do a pop in and let us share with you. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

And yes, even if you aren't back to stay you get ((HUGE HUGS))
lol! Aw, how could I refuse such a request. I will definitely try. And considering I only posted at two different times in the last year (I think) it won't be hard to do!

Ya know, I never saw another squirrel do that, but if I ever do, you all will be the first to know. :lol:

And thank you Gypsy, I missed you too. {{{BIG HUG}}} right back atcha. <-------- SO wish the other smilies worked for me, but alas, no cigar. <---- We actually have one of those too. :bigsmile:

Getting back to the discussion at hand, I almost asked you all help in finding 3/4 length blue jean skirts that didn't cost a lot. I am in the process of losing weight and don't want to invest a ton in clothes yet. (plus, the darn things are crazy hard to find anyway, I dun get it) However, I put it off. Then yesterday hubby and I went to take someone to lunch in a small town north of us that has a pretty good resale shop. What did I find but two skirts, different styles. A Christopher and Banks that had zipper front, and a Liz Claiborne that buttoned all the way down. They fit perfectly, are in perfect, comfy, worn in condition, and I got them for, *drumroll*........... $1.25 each. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :appl:

Life is good! ::)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, I found some on Amazon but they are in the $40-55 range, and I'm not sure you want to spend that much for an "interim" skirt... I'm in the same boat right now, having lost 15 lbs with 10 more to go and I refuse to buy anything expensive "on the way down"! Denim skirts do tend to be a little forgiving though, so if you found one you really liked that was just a *smidge* snug now you could still wear it and then it will be OK for several pounds down. I have a really cute Jones New York denim skirt I got at the outlet several years ago that I really love!

http://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Denim-L-pocket-Skirt-Indigo/dp/B005AXEDOQ/ref=sr_1_8?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1354116234&sr=1-8&keywords=denim+skirt

http://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Denim-Skirt-Dark-Indigo/dp/B007VU4QTS/ref=sr_1_14?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1354116261&sr=1-14&keywords=denim+skirt

http://www.amazon.com/Stretch-denim-Button-front-Skirt-Midnight-Large/dp/B007SXGISU/ref=sr_1_42?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1354116261&sr=1-42&keywords=denim+skirt

http://www.amazon.com/Stretch-Denim-Trouser-Skirt-Ocean/dp/B007BF57PA/ref=sr_1_26?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1354116261&sr=1-26&keywords=denim+skirt

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen|1354100749|3317229 said:
lol! Aw, how could I refuse such a request. I will definitely try. And considering I only posted at two different times in the last year (I think) it won't be hard to do!
mfy, worn in condition, and I got them for, *drumroll*........... $1.25 each. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :appl:

Life is good! ::)

I'm happy to hear that.

Listen about the snowman... here's what I'd do. I'd get a set of printable labels/stickers from Office Depot, the plastic kind that look professional and are thin. Print "The Original Melted Snowman on it" in black font, and then tape it over one of the Florida ones (you can remove the Florida stuff underneath with nail polish remover or not). Labels and fonts are so good these days you can get it nearly perfect. And no one will know.

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
I got reminded about my flats while typing in Gypsy's CS thread. I am on my last pair of Vera Wang Lillians, and they're starting to wear out. I have tried alternatives, like a pair from Aldo, but nothing can ever compare. If anyone can find me a great alternative shoe, or even a place to buy the Lillians, that would be appreciated very much!

I need my flats to be leather, inside and out, and to have support. The Lillians have a hidden platform heel that's less than an inch high.
I don't want brand name logos all over it, and I don't want to pay a lot of $. I'm aware that the Lillians are a Lanvin knockoff, but there's no way I'll pay $700 for Lanvins. I want them plain, just like this pair. No frills, no ties, no bows, nothing. I don't find Tory Burch comfy.

They need to be comfy for me to wear while walking around for my 12-hour shifts, and for walking around all over a university campus.
They have to be good quality enough so that I can wear it for at least half a year. I hate replacing shoes.

***fingers crossed that one of you ladies wears a pair that fits my description, and can point me in the right direction!***

I like my "Me Too" shoes. Here is a style that is close to the ones you have. Comes in a bunch of colors:
http://www.dsw.com/shoe/me+too+nini+flat?prodId=dsw12prod3770058&activeCats=cat10006,cat20068

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
mandasand|1354144289|3317766 said:

I like my "Me Too" shoes. Here is a style that is close to the ones you have. Comes in a bunch of colors:
http://www.dsw.com/shoe/me+too+nini+flat?prodId=dsw12prod3770058&activeCats=cat10006,cat20068

I can't believe that I have an answer to this. Put it down to me living in Soho and an old friend of mine from summer camp in the 1970s owns a boutique around the corner, but many women around here swear by these Repettos

http://grechenscloset.com/buy-repetto-online/

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1354113398|3317330 said:
Ellen, I found some on Amazon but they are in the $40-55 range, and I'm not sure you want to spend that much for an "interim" skirt... I'm in the same boat right now, having lost 15 lbs with 10 more to go and I refuse to buy anything expensive "on the way down"! Denim skirts do tend to be a little forgiving though, so if you found one you really liked that was just a *smidge* snug now you could still wear it and then it will be OK for several pounds down. I have a really cute Jones New York denim skirt I got at the outlet several years ago that I really love!

http://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Denim-L-pocket-Skirt-Indigo/dp/B005AXEDOQ/ref=sr_1_8?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1354116234&sr=1-8&keywords=denim+skirt

http://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Denim-Skirt-Dark-Indigo/dp/B007VU4QTS/ref=sr_1_14?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1354116261&sr=1-14&keywords=denim+skirt

http://www.amazon.com/Stretch-denim-Button-front-Skirt-Midnight-Large/dp/B007SXGISU/ref=sr_1_42?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1354116261&sr=1-42&keywords=denim+skirt

http://www.amazon.com/Stretch-Denim-Trouser-Skirt-Ocean/dp/B007BF57PA/ref=sr_1_26?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1354116261&sr=1-26&keywords=denim+skirt
Thank you for looking these up miss! But yeah, that's more than I want to spend right now. I have lost 14, and want another 5-7 lost. With the two I found, I'm set for now, but I will definitely keep those in mind for when I am looking. 8)

Good for you on your weight loss too! :appl:

Gypsy, is it the expense that's causing you to not want me to go the make my own route? <----- Which I kinda like the idea of....

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stylish alarm clocks for our bedroom.

All I can find are either ugly and plastic-y looking or they're monstrosities as far as size. The ones we have now are blue plastic and I can't stand them. I look for a replacement like a couple of times a year and I can't find anything I like.

I want something sleek and simple - tell me the time, let me set the alarm!

Thanks!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1354246719|3319000 said:
Stylish alarm clocks for our bedroom.

All I can find are either ugly and plastic-y looking or they're monstrosities as far as size. The ones we have now are blue plastic and I can't stand them. I look for a replacement like a couple of times a year and I can't find anything I like.

I want something sleek and simple - tell me the time, let me set the alarm!

Thanks!

Do you want it to plug in or are you OK with a battery? When you say "sleek and simple," does that mean *modern* (think: Jetsons... )? Do you want digital display or is a clock with hands alright? Is a radio necessary? What about a snooze feature?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen|1354183059|3318115 said:
Gypsy, is it the expense that's causing you to not want me to go the make my own route? <----- Which I kinda like the idea of....

Nope. Just giving you options that occur to me so that you have all the information available before making a decision! :wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1354303666|3319428 said:
Do you want it to plug in or are you OK with a battery? When you say "sleek and simple," does that mean *modern* (think: Jetsons... )? Do you want digital display or is a clock with hands alright? Is a radio necessary? What about a snooze feature?

Hi DeeJay! :appl:

I'd prefer plug-in by a long shot...

Sleek and simple as in somewhat elegant/understated...not ultra modern or too weird (so no Jetsons look!)

Digital is easiest to read...so I'd prefer digital. But I am open to a clock with hands for the right look...

No radio necessary...

and Yes to the snooze :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome!!! I will look into Isotoner, thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results