shape
carat
color
clarity

The "Please Help Me Find..." Thread!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are you looking for that you simply CANNOT FIND? Yanno, that elusive *one thing* that you've looked everywhere for... Let's help each other out!

The ONE AND ONLY thing my 88 year old grandmother wants for Christmas is a yellow/gold turtleneck to wear under her favorite Steelers sweater... and I can't find it!!! Lands End has one that is perfect, but it's not available until January... anyone have suggestions? Need a size small and nothing weird or fancy--this is my grandmother after all! I've searched all the usual suspects (Sears, JC Penney, Lands End, Eddie Bauer, Macy's, Target, Walmart, Kohl's... ) so any other ideas will be appreciated!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria, I swear I could KISS you right now!!! (And how stupid do I feel that I didn't find this on my own!) Thank you!

Anyone else need help finding anything...?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay, have you checked Coldwater Creek?

http://coldwatercreek.com/

I'm all set for now, but if I need anything elusive, I'll check back.

ETA: Oops, it looks like you're all set.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Zoe, now *I* want both the cashmere cowl and the turtleneck cape--in both colors--from Coldwater Creek! This thread might backfire on me! :cheeky:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad I could help! :cheeky:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, DeeJay, That was easy!

Ok, this isn't a gift item, but just curious if anyone knows if Ikea still makes the Ribba frames in natural. Every time I go there, they only have white, black or silver. I have several of the natural/unfinished frames and would really like some more! Is it just my Ikea? And, sorry if no one knows what I am talking about, which I fully recognize is possible, but I am posting it anyway! :halo:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would like to know how you could order a box of Reese's White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. They are available in the US only, no longer in Canada, and I did see them for sale while in NYC (but never stopped to buy any :angryfire: ) and I also know in the past, they were available in the ABC stores, so when in LV last week, looked in all of them --- no luck.

Anyone 'in the know' about how to purchase these? I can go to Hershey.com and get to Reese's and then "hard to find products" but its US only. How to find these in Ontario - or how to ship them to Ontario - would be very helpful info!

Thanks in advance "Team"!

kefira

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry, LV, I don't think they do. At least, the US website doesn't show that color option.

I need help finding a cool way to display the masquerade masks we have collected over the years. I was hoping to find some lightboxes to put them in, but I am open to suggestions. The box idea was meant to keep them from getting so dusty, but Google is failing me so far. I'm not too keen on just hanging them on the wall. Any ideas?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1353872535|3315155 said:
I would like to know how you could order a box of Reese's White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. They are available in the US only, no longer in Canada, and I did see them for sale while in NYC (but never stopped to buy any :angryfire: ) and I also know in the past, they were available in the ABC stores, so when in LV last week, looked in all of them --- no luck.

Anyone 'in the know' about how to purchase these? I can go to Hershey.com and get to Reese's and then "hard to find products" but its US only. How to find these in Ontario - or how to ship them to Ontario - would be very helpful info!

Thanks in advance "Team"!

I have no idea, but if all else fails, I'd be happy to ship some to you, Enerchi!

Kefira, Thanks for checking the site. Sad face! I have some botanical prints I want to frame, and I love those frames, but black doesn't seem quite right. Last time I was there, I bought some framed prints that they had in the store, but the print is attached to poster board under the frame, so I may try to use those because they are the natural frame. I wish I had some advice for you, but I struggle in the design dept!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovesVintage, I just called the Ikea in Schaumburg (outside of Chicago) and they were actually very helpful... but not in a way that will help you... They said they don't carry that in natural any more. What about ebay? Do you need a specific size?

Enerchi, do you have the email of any of us in the US? We could get them for you and ship them! Seems so odd though that you can't get them shipped to Canada...? They have them on Walmart's website: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Reese-s-Cups-Peanut-Butter-White-Miniatures-Chocolate-12-oz/10449924 On walmart.ca they have non-white ones, so maybe call a store or visit one if it's not too far from where you are?

kefira, how big are the masks (including if any are particularly deep)?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1353873674|3315164 said:
Enerchi, do you have the email of any of us in the US? We could get them for you and ship them! Seems so odd though that you can't get them shipped to Canada...? They have them on Walmart's website: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Reese-s-Cups-Peanut-Butter-White-Miniatures-Chocolate-12-oz/10449924 On walmart.ca they have non-white ones, so maybe call a store or visit one if it's not too far from where you are?

HALLELUIA!!!! I hear the angels singing, the bands playing.... WOW - THANKS Dee Jay!!! My world has just opened up DRAMATICALLY!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I will look next time I'm in the US and head to a Walmart (every time I'm in the states, I'm scrounging like a scent hound, looking EVERY WHERE for these!) And I also have the emails of a few PSers ... so if anyone is wondering what Enerchi wants for her birthday (December 24) or Christmas --- here we are!!! Ship 'em on up!!! :lickout: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lickout:

kefira

Shiny_Rock
Haha, LV, I say "sad face" out loud, too.

Dee*Jay, they are generally smallish, but one does have that annoying long nose thing. I'd love to hear any thoughts you have, even if it's not a perfect solution. I took a snapshot so you can see the sizes, sort of. There are just 5 masks as of right now. Thanks!

masks.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
kefira|1353872631|3315156 said:
I'm sorry, LV, I don't think they do. At least, the US website doesn't show that color option.

I need help finding a cool way to display the masquerade masks we have collected over the years. I was hoping to find some lightboxes to put them in, but I am open to suggestions. The box idea was meant to keep them from getting so dusty, but Google is failing me so far. I'm not too keen on just hanging them on the wall. Any ideas?
Is this the idea you are thinking of?

This is the site it came from :
http://frameitcolorado.com/shadow-boxes
But any professional framer could do this for you. A shadowbox has a deeper frame to allow for 3D items to be mounted inside. You could select the fabric for the backing and the framing which best enhances your collection. You could also get the framer to custom drape a swatch of velvet, or add feathers, or mardigras beads, etc., to suit the style of the masks. Also, you could check out Michael's if they have any pre made boxes and then add your own finishing details - paint the frame, change the backing, etc.
http://www.michaels.com/Shadow-Boxes/products-framing-shadowboxes,default,sc.html

screen_shot_2012-11-25_at_4.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kefira|1353874504|3315171 said:
Haha, LV, I say "sad face" out loud, too.

Dee*Jay, they are generally smallish, but one does have that annoying long nose thing. I'd love to hear any thoughts you have, even if it's not a perfect solution. I took a snapshot so you can see the sizes, sort of. There are just 5 masks as of right now. Thanks!

OK, here is kind of a wacky idea (remember, you said it was OK to post non-perfect solutions!): What about one of those deep coffee tables with a glass top that you can display things in? Sometimes people use them in beach houses for sand and seashells, that sort of thing. I saw on used in a NY Times home and garden slide show a week or two ago; let me see if I can find it again. You could put a "bed" or river rocks of marbles or something in there that would allow you to position the masks, and that would also accommodate the one with the long nose, although it would likely have to go in a corner or more against a side so that you didn't see the back of it so much.

(Am I making ANY sense here, LOL?!)

candy

Rough_Rock

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kefira

Shiny_Rock
Wow, ladies, I like both of your ideas! :appl:

Enerchi, I think I was so caught up on the light idea, I couldn't remember the word 'shadowbox'. But there's a Michael's pretty close to me, so I'll definitely be looking into those. Thank you!

You are making a lot of sense, Dee*Jay! I love the table idea. I can imagine it would look pretty cool, and it would be easy to place all the programs from the shows where we got the masks in there as well. I'm going to hunt around for something like that, that would fit into our space. Thank you!

eta: Yes, we aren't nearly that modern, but I think something with wood sides would help to hide the backs of the masks, as you said. Thanks again!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
candy|1353876194|3315181 said:
Enerchi, looks like you can buy the white chocolate peanut butter cups from Amazon.ca:
http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/181-1107880-3320209?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=reeses+white+chocolate

They are much cheaper from Amazon.com... is ordering from there an option?
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/181-1107880-3320209?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=reeses+white+chocolate

I can't believe I've never tried these! Candy is my vice :tongue:

:love: :appl: :love:
OMG!!! Thank you sooo much Candy, for that link! I see some serious weight gain in my future!!! Yes, I can order from both .ca and .com and both would ship to my address.... I am probably going to regret asking for help on this... :lickout: Picture the "Michelin Man" - as a woman with glasses and (dye'd) blonde hair - yup, that's going to be my new look in a short while! :lol: :lol: Woo hoo!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
i WAS on a mission for 8-10 inch "barbie sized" super hero action figures, esp the female avengers, but I just saw the dollhouse they'll be used in...there's no way those sizes will work. So I am going to Tarjay right now to buy NORMAL SIZED action figures.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this thread. PSers are certainly a resourceful bunch!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen|1353939021|3315614 said:
OK, let's see just how good you guys really are. Thread to this previous request. Please keep in mind, I want it to say exactly what's on mine. Thankies.

On your mark, get set, go!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-all-time-favorite-xmas-decoration-need-help.73789/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-all-time-favorite-xmas-decoration-need-help.73789/[/URL]

Found one on ebay; bidding has ended but you could contact the seller. It's 'vintage' and also looks like it's down on it's water, so probably not a great solution, but they do exist!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-ORIGINAL-MELTED-SNOWMAN-SNOWDOME-/150910628481

Will keep looking...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, I'm sure you've thought of this, but is there any way to open up the globe (perhaps where it meets the base?) and add more water?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Fill it back up with water. Use distilled.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen|1353939021|3315614 said:
OK, let's see just how good you guys really are. Thread to this previous request. Please keep in mind, I want it to say exactly what's on mine. Thankies.

On your mark, get set, go!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-all-time-favorite-xmas-decoration-need-help.73789/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-all-time-favorite-xmas-decoration-need-help.73789/[/URL]

ELLEN!!! You are back!!! AWESOME!!! I'm so happy to see you!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Also, you can just remove the Arizona/California/Florida thing easily with some nail polish remover. Should come right off.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1353873674|3315164 said:
LovesVintage, I just called the Ikea in Schaumburg (outside of Chicago) and they were actually very helpful... but not in a way that will help you... They said they don't carry that in natural any more. What about ebay? Do you need a specific size?

Aww, that was soooooo NICE of you to call there, Dee*Jay!! Thank you! I need the standard picture frame size, 8.5 by 11, or whatever it is. The ones that I picked up to try are natural, so I will try those first. I have looked on ebay here and there, but was only finding 5X7 when I searched. I think the ones I have will work, but I will miss those ribba frames in natural. Thank you again! This is a great thread! :wavey:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got reminded about my flats while typing in Gypsy's CS thread. I am on my last pair of Vera Wang Lillians, and they're starting to wear out. I have tried alternatives, like a pair from Aldo, but nothing can ever compare. If anyone can find me a great alternative shoe, or even a place to buy the Lillians, that would be appreciated very much!

I need my flats to be leather, inside and out, and to have support. The Lillians have a hidden platform heel that's less than an inch high.
verawanglavenderlillianblklea_front_300.jpg
I don't want brand name logos all over it, and I don't want to pay a lot of $. I'm aware that the Lillians are a Lanvin knockoff, but there's no way I'll pay $700 for Lanvins. I want them plain, just like this pair. No frills, no ties, no bows, nothing. I don't find Tory Burch comfy.

They need to be comfy for me to wear while walking around for my 12-hour shifts, and for walking around all over a university campus.
They have to be good quality enough so that I can wear it for at least half a year. I hate replacing shoes.

***fingers crossed that one of you ladies wears a pair that fits my description, and can point me in the right direction!***

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Alright. I have been looking for this for a loooong time.

I need a new robe to wear around the house. I want it to be warm and "fleecy" on the inside and satin on the outside.

VS used to sell them about 10 years ago. I was talking to a woman at work and she said that her daughter is looking for one as well. Please, Please, Please find this for me!!! Thanks in advance, because I am sure that if you can find white PB cups a satin robe with fleece inside is a cake walk. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results