shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have photos of fresh waters with silver overtones?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I see a lot of rose on PS. But I'd love to see some freshwater pearls with silver overtones to compare with the look of the rose.

I'm considering some freshadama studs. I have metallics in the 8-8.5mm but I'd like something between 9 and 10mm. So I'm thinking maybe freshadamas. But I'm not sure I'd look good with rose overtones. My metallics have some slight rose colors when I move them around but it's not too strong. Sometimes I think I see green in them, and they have almost a creamy body color.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Re: Anyone have photos of fresh waters with silver overtones

This is my 8-9mm AA+ freshwater strand from PP, where I specifically requested silver overtones. I was pairing it up with a silvery white Tahitian in a white gold piece, and I was sure I didn't want creamy or rose. I'm very pleased with these pearls, especially after seeing the pearls that my jeweler brought in that cost considerably more, and were not nearly as nice.

Here is a close up of the pearls along with my very creamy akoya strand from my high school days. For comparison I put in a recently purchased pair of 7-7.5mm AAA akoya earrings with silver overtones from PP.

I'm adding a couple of neck shots. I have a fair amount of pink in my skin, and I love the silvery pearls. So much so that I ordered a strand of silver blue akoyas today.

Sorry, but I don't have any strands with rose overtones.

pearls_3877.jpg

neckshot_2584.jpg

pearlnecklace_3881.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

Hey fly girl, Thanks for posting those! I definitely see a bright white as opposed to rose. That enhancer is beautiful and works very nicely with your AA+ strand.

BTW your high school akoyas have lasted pretty well.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

I'm caucasian with what looks like orange yellow undertones in my skin. I have to stick with cool colors. Even with lipstick I go for the blue reds etc.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

innerkitten|1353962418|3315877 said:
Hey fly girl, Thanks for posting those! I definitely see a bright white as opposed to rose. That enhancer is beautiful and works very nicely with your AA+ strand.

BTW your high school akoyas have lasted pretty well.

Glad it helps. I expect as the quality of pearl gets better, there will be more shine like the akoyas, and less stark white. Part of the rose you see in the akoyas might be from my bright red sweater, as seen in the last photo. I asked the associate at PP if there were differences in the overtones of the freshwater strands, and she said there definitely are. I think they made a good selection for me.

Thank you on the enhancer. My local jeweler went above and beyond in selecting a fitting that would work with the irregular top on that Tahitian. I think it is a beauty, and I plan a separate thread on this piece in the near future.

The HS akoyas were a 16" strand, and I never wore them much because they were too short for me. They are about 40 years old. I recently had them restrung to 18" by adding a few freshies at the back, and at least I can wear them again. But, I've been spoiled by the silvery pearls, and given the color and the size of my old strand, it probably will languish in my jewelry box again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results