clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
0.6 each heart and arrows from GOG and studs custom made by mark Morrell

earrings-6.jpg

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
This is the cad before we decided not to go with a push back.

8prongwovenstuds-b.jpg

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Doc_1 -I remember your studs from a while back! They are SPECTACULAR :love: :appl: :love: My dream is to own something similar one day!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous Doc_1!!!

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
Doc_1|1353924368|3315568 said:
Those are huge and gorgeous!! Thanks, they are beautiful!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
mom2boys- WOW! Those are gorgeous!! They look like the perfect size for your ears, too! Lovely!

Doc_1- Love the settings on your studs! so elegant!

lusting

Rough_Rock
So many beautiful studs! I am thinking of getting some small BGD studs (~0.5 tcw) in the martini setting. Just a bit confused as to whether to go for the classic martini or martini cocktail setting. I'm after the martini setting as opposed to the four claw because I want to reduce how much they sit out from the ear, I just can't tell from the photos on the website whether the classics are more bulky and therefore would sit out more, or whether it's just a trick of photography. I know a lot of lovely ladies on here have this design but not sure about whether they have the classic or cocktail martini. Price is a big consideration as I'm already going over budget to buy there, but that said I want to be happy with what I get.

Also, do you think 14K or 18K white gold is more common (only the cocktail come in 18k)? Here in Australia 14k is rarely used so I just don't know what to expect from it. These are 'lifetime' purchases so I don't want the metal to yellow or dull prematurely. Also, other jewellery (eg. necklaces) I wear will be 18K. But in the tiny amount that shows with a small martini setting earring does it really matter/could you tell a colour difference? Thoughts? Thank you!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
lusting|1354487459|3320764 said:
So many beautiful studs! I am thinking of getting some small BGD studs (~0.5 tcw) in the martini setting. Just a bit confused as to whether to go for the classic martini or martini cocktail setting. I'm after the martini setting as opposed to the four claw because I want to reduce how much they sit out from the ear, I just can't tell from the photos on the website whether the classics are more bulky and therefore would sit out more, or whether it's just a trick of photography. I know a lot of lovely ladies on here have this design but not sure about whether they have the classic or cocktail martini. Price is a big consideration as I'm already going over budget to buy there, but that said I want to be happy with what I get.

Also, do you think 14K or 18K white gold is more common (only the cocktail come in 18k)? Here in Australia 14k is rarely used so I just don't know what to expect from it. These are 'lifetime' purchases so I don't want the metal to yellow or dull prematurely. Also, other jewellery (eg. necklaces) I wear will be 18K. But in the tiny amount that shows with a small martini setting earring does it really matter/could you tell a colour difference? Thoughts? Thank you!

I would post this in Rocky Talky not here btw. This thread is for showing diamond studs purchases.
I don't have either of those studs but why don't you contact BGD and ask them what they think? They are always very helpful and might be able to show you some extra photos.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lusting|1354487459|3320764 said:

With earrings, you won't be able to tell the difference between 14K & 18K white gold in you ears! Like JuneRose suggested, you can post these questions in Rocky Talk for more answers. I've only had basket style studs so do not know the answer to how martini earrings look. You can also try some on in a local jewelry store (if possible) to get a better idea of how they look on you.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to the party but I remember these too Doc-1 - STUNNING. The design is spectacular and MM's workmanship is impeccable - someone on here once described his pieces as looking like they were made of molten metal, and I can't think of a more appropriate description!

Feel free to post more pics, esp of the profile ::) I'm posting in your old thread to make it even easier :bigsmile:

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
0.642 ctw Brian Gavin Diamond WG martini studs

I wanted to share my new BGD signature studs with everyone, as this thread was SOOOO helpful to me during my selection process.
They are each a 0.321 ct I VS2 AGS 0 ideal cut hearts and arrows round diamond in a basic 14k WG martini setting. The dimensions are 4.40 x 4.42 x 2.72 mm and 4.40 x 4.42 x 2.71 mm. I had trouble with the ear shots and completely blocking the slight source, but I did my best. They're so sparkly and white and the quality of the diamond definitely makes them appear larger, IMHO. Love them! :appl:

bgd3.jpg

bgd4.jpg

_2233.jpg

thisclose.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Doc_1 I'm gathering ideas for my next earring project & had no idea of what I wanted other than the size. And then I saw your pics of these & that's it!! :love: :love: The studs are BEYOND and their design is absolutely divine. Wow! Did you mention the other details in an earlier post I missed? I'd love to know the color, clarity, & dimensions of these beauties. :appl: Bravo! Well done!! :appl:

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
alisonia333 - Thank you for posting your studs! I am about to get some of a similar size and I am even more excited after seeing how great yours look! :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
JuneRose|1354963785|3326103 said:
alisonia333 - Thank you for posting your studs! I am about to get some of a similar size and I am even more excited after seeing how great yours look! :appl:
+1 Ordered mine during their Black Friday sale. I am super excited to get them. Congrats on getting yours free JuneRose!

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
Roxy|1354958065|3326088 said:

Doc_1 I'm gathering ideas for my next earring project & had no idea of what I wanted other than the size. And then I saw your pics of these & that's it!! :love: :love: The studs are BEYOND and their design is absolutely divine. Wow! Did you mention the other details in an earlier post I missed? I'd love to know the color, clarity, & dimensions of these beauties.

Sure!
Wish you good luck on your quest.

Threads:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mark-morrells-new-design-earring-studs.148831/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mark-morrells-new-design-earring-studs.148831/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mark-morrell-and-gog-are-best-of-the-best.149063/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mark-morrell-and-gog-are-best-of-the-best.149063/[/URL]

Diamonds specs:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7393/
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5863/

Mark Morrell is a class of his own, we are very very proud to own jewelries made by this gentleman!
GOG is awesome, you can buy form him the peace of mind before the stunning stones he offers, he raises the bar high in this kind of business, tough standard for competition to beat :).

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
woofmama said:
+1 Ordered mine during their Black Friday sale. I am super excited to get them. Congrats on getting yours free JuneRose!
So glad you guys like them!! They are just gorgeous in person, and I'm glad they gave me the claw prongs I asked for even though you can only see them in macro photographs :) I'm excited to see what both of yours look like!! Hope you get them soon!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys...absolutely gorgeous and one of my top 3 favorite settings!!! :love:

Doc_1...yours have always been in my top three as well! Absolutely amazing design!

alisonia...gorgeous pair of studs!!!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Doc_1|1354973633|3326131 said:
Roxy|1354958065|3326088 said:

Doc_1 I'm gathering ideas for my next earring project & had no idea of what I wanted other than the size. And then I saw your pics of these & that's it!! :love: :love: The studs are BEYOND and their design is absolutely divine. Wow! Did you mention the other details in an earlier post I missed? I'd love to know the color, clarity, & dimensions of these beauties.

Sure!
Wish you good luck on your quest.

Threads:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mark-morrells-new-design-earring-studs.148831/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mark-morrells-new-design-earring-studs.148831/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mark-morrell-and-gog-are-best-of-the-best.149063/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mark-morrell-and-gog-are-best-of-the-best.149063/[/URL]

Diamonds specs:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7393/
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5863/

Mark Morrell is a class of his own, we are very very proud to own jewelries made by this gentleman!
GOG is awesome, you can buy form him the peace of mind before the stunning stones he offers, he raises the bar high in this kind of business, tough standard for competition to beat :).

Thanks for pulling together all of the links & info Doc_1! I appreciate your taking the time to help me.

Roxy

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Junerose! Love the rose gold!

vanillalatte

Rough_Rock
1.32 ctw from Blue Nile, ideal cut

img_5156.jpg

ChrisES

Shiny_Rock
Love this thread. I'm thinking of getting my fiancee the 3/4 ctw earrings using preselected (if that's the right term) AGS0 stones from WF. Based on the .68-.75 shots people are putting up I think they'll look great!

I might later post in RT re: going with preselected vs shopping for matched stones myself.

Some of the bigger studs people are posting are just jaw dropping, but we do what the budget allows. :) Such is life.

lilybride

Rough_Rock
timanttikorvikset_1.jpg

These are my favorite earrings that I wear almost every day. I got them as a Christmas gift from my bf when we had been dating only for a month:) The center diamonds are 0.10 F-VS and the earrings have total of 20pcs of 0.01ct F-Vs Diamonds in eternity setting. The earrings are made from 18k Palladium white gold. They are purchased from Torkkeli jewellery

I am now in a process of having same kind of earrings made from my birthday Diamonds, and they will have two 0.25ct F-VS diamonds and total of 40pcs of 0.01ct Diamonds.
imag0173.jpg
imag0174.jpg
imag0172.jpg

These are the diamonds that will be used for the next earrings:)
imag0177.jpg

APlaceForEverything

Rough_Rock
Hi all, long-time lurker :wavey:

I wanted to show my 'thanks for having a baby' studs. Due to buying a house and renovating this year funds meant I had to compromise on a 'mutt' pair (no certs and pretty ordinary specs) but even though they are on the brown colour scale (!) and are have a noticeably different ambient colour to my e-ring, they throw a surprising amount of white. There is a visible inclusion in one but it's a bit of a moot point on my ears! They are .74ctw, which is big enough for my small ears but leaves me room to add a pair of jackets later on, and if they were yellow toned would be about a J-K I think. In any case their sentimental value is priceless :)
earrings_9.jpg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
My studs are I-J color S1 quality 2.05......in 14K white gold.

img_1879_1_0.jpg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
beautiful enjoy them.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Lilybride, what lovely studs! I love the design!

dmakeupd

Rough_Rock
These are the 14k white gold 4 prong studs from my reliance I got for christmas 2012 not sure the size or clarity. From my estimate they are .25 or less in size and around si1 or 2 not 100% sure. 458337_10152393721995188_1644427176_o.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Here's the newest: a cute pair of .33pts each, D color VS2 in white gold bezel. From Blue Nile. I wanted them in platinum but they did not do the small size in either platinum or 18K gold, so I had to get 14K white gold. However, I really like the look after all. I have been wearing these every day, all day, since they arrived in December. They are great performers, HCA scores of 1.1 and .9, GIA ex/ex/ex. Because they are so tiny, it wasn't that expensive to get higher quality and D is my fav color :D

They are regular push backs, not screw backs, and I have found them easy and secure to wear. It's a very open back on this setting which looks modern and is easy to clean. Super sparkly stones and a great size for any occasion.

_2877.jpg

_2876.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results