shape
carat
color
clarity

Bridal Shower Fun???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
OK ladies, I need some help...I''m one of the hostesses of a bridal shower for one of my girls on Saturday, and I need some ideas for fun games/activities we can do at the shower!!! Any creative (or not-so-creative) ideas are appreciated!!! THANKS!!!
9.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
www.weddingchannel.com they have some game ideas under showers. Also if you use a search engine (like google) and type in wedding shower games, you will get websites that have a ton of stuff too. All that is what i did to try and find games for the shower i hosted.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, njc!!!! :)

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
is it a girls only shower? bc i hosted a jack and jill party for my friend recently, and the best game was ''kiss the bride'', where the bride was blindfolded, and all the guys kissed her and she had to guess which one was her husband to be! it was so much fun!

dietvanillacoke

Rough_Rock
i was in charge of games and activities for my sister in law''s bridal shower and EVERYONE is still to this day saying it was the funnest bridal shower they''ve ever been to. (and this is a group of girls who are going to monthly bridal showers since they''re all at that mid twenties popular marrying age.) here are teh games i did:

1) find the ring: i bought a whole bunch of fake plastic rings from i-party (even ones with huge plastic diamonds on them!) and hid them all around the room before they arrived. when guests arrived i told them about the rings and they all went on the prowl for them. you won''t BELIEVE how competitive they got!!!

2) toilet paper dress: split everyone up into teams and give each team a roll of toilet paper. tell them to choose one "bride" and use the toilet paper to make the most beautiful and believable dress. then at the end there is a fashion show and the bride picks the best dress! people got SO creative-- used the center cardboard roll as a bouquet holder, made jewelry and flowers and veils and shoes and EVERYTHING!

3) bracelets: since the bride is into crafts and stuff, i bought a whole bunch of pretty, assorted glass beads (all pink or white or silver, since her wedding color was pink) and everyone made bracelets. for a solid hour everyone was so concentrated on finishing their bracelets and even making rings and necklaces! the best part about this is that they took their bracelet home as a party favor. then the bride and all the bridesmaids wore their bracelets as anklets on the wedding day!!

4) the prizes for the games, i got teddy bears and decorated them as brides (earrings, necklaces, bracelets made of pearl beads, a veil, a tiara of flowers, a bouquet, and even a garter on its leg). they were a HUGE hit.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is a sucky attitude, but I HATE bridal showers. So stupid. I''m all for a party, but these things are so stupid. Go for a ladies night out instead!

(Did I mention that I have to travel four hours through a snowstore this weekend to go to one...)
29.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the ideas, ladies!!! Ammayernyc: the girls'' night out is next Thursday.
2.gif
And be careful in that snowstorm!!!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I found this game online and it was a big hit at my cousins shower. It was the first game we played and was a great ice-breaker since most people didn''t know many of the other guests.

HOT POTATO

-Put a piece of jewelry in a small box which is then wrapped in a larger box to disguise it.
-Tell the guests that the gift inside is something a bride would wear on her honeymoon and that the winner has to model the item for everyone. (Say this very "suggestively" and the guests will assume it''s lingerie)
-Have the bride start the music and watch the guest toss that sucker around. (This was the truest game of Hot Potato I''ve ever seen, the guests couldn''t get it out of their hands fast enough)
-When the music stops the person left with the gift will open to box with dread that quickly turns into relief as they try on their prize. (We got a TON of laughs out of this one and everyone wished they''d ended up with it)

*If you want to give out the same prize for each game, you can also say that the gift inside is FOR the bride to wear on her honeymoon and have to person hand it over to her after they''ve tried it on. I''ve always gotten a variety of prizes when I''ve hosted a shower (bridal or baby) but that can sometimes cause jealousy. I love dietvanillacoke''s idea of making the same prize for each game and those bears are such a cute idea. Now that it''s my turn to have a shower, I''m going to direct my maid of honor to this site so she can see all these great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results