shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have $30k - $50k to spend ?

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
I've been looking at this beauty for awhile and wondering what price it will end up selling .... :?:

brooch.png

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Any specifications on those diamonds? What size and color?

stci

Ideal_Rock
I think it will be more than 50K, I vote for 100K easily.

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
$29k but that is without the premium. They say it's a min of 8 ct - but the measurements make it look like more.... Here's the listing,:

Lot 46
Platinum topped yellow gold diamond star burst brooch, TB Starr & Co.

Center Old Mine cut diamond, approximately 2.6 carats, framed by four moon shaped diamond 'crescents' each displaying a single .60 carat diamond and separated by four approximately .25 carat diamonds. Total diamond weight approximately 8.5 carats.

D: 1 1/4 in., 12.9 dwt.

Estimate $30,000-40,000

Brooch is in good condition, avaerage wear to the diamond in the form of minor chipping to the girdle. No loss or repair visible to the setting and all wear would be consistent with age and use.

center stone: 9.1 x 9.1 x 5.8mm
Color: GHI
Clarity: VS

interior stones (approximately): 6.0 x 6.0 x 4.2mm
Average Color: GHI
Average Clarity: VS

exterior stones (approximately): 5.2 x 5.2 x 3.2mm
Average color: GHI
Average clarity: VS

Descriptions provided in both printed and on-line catalogue formats do not include condition reports. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging. Interested bidders are strongly encouraged to request a condition report on any lots upon which they intend to bid, prior to placing a bid. All transactions are governed by Freeman's Conditions of Sale.
Sold for $29,000

stci

Ideal_Rock
Wow! IMO it's really a good deal! Don't you think?

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I wish I had that kind of money to spend. Yeah, I think it's a good deal!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY COW!! that was a steal!

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
I just realized it was $36k once the premium was added in. I've been looking for a really nice solitaire and don't think it will ever happen this way!! ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results