shape
carat
color
clarity

What did you do with your wedding accessories?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chicky

Rough_Rock
Hello Ladies,

I got married two months ago ( I still can''t believe it!) and am enjoying my newlywed status. I have my headpiece, shoes, veil, wedding cards, engagement cards, bridal shower cards, etc and other momentos all in a bag in my closet. I was thinking about getting a mini storage chest or box to store them in. What has everyone else done with their wedding accessories??? Any hints on where to get a nicely decorated box??

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Hi Chicky. My mom is an artist that also does matting and framing on the side. She has done several shadowboxes including the veil, pictures, invites, garters, etc. Some are very elaborate and some are simple. It all depends on you taste and the size of the frame. One had the veil flowing with pictures, bridal jewelry, pics, and flowers. Some included the ringbarers pillow. I don''t know if it just got popular in this area or if its done all over but I know she was just given a pile of wedding stuff to work with because she''s so creative. There are a large variety of mat colours and textures to choose from(Lace, velvet, taffeta)You can use your wedding colors!
1.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Hey BlingQueen,
Any change of you posting pictures of the shadowboxes???? I would love to see it, so I can do something with all my wedding stuffs after my wedding because I love to keep sentimental things.

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
7.gif
No, sorry. My mom never photographed any of her work. I would start by figuring out what size frame you want then mark off the diminsions and keep arranging your items until you feel its right. Then take a picture for the framer to go by. Find a framing shop and pick out your mats and frame. Most people in the framing business have an ''eye'' for this sort of thing and given a little ''atistic license'' I''m sure the can create a unique and lasting memory of your wedding day!
2.gif
Let me know if you need any advice. I watched my mom do it many times.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
My mom donated her veil and wedding shoes to our "dress up" closet. When we were little, my friends and I would spend many many hours playing dress-up and inventing stories...FUN!
21.gif

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I purchased a decorated hat box to keep my veil in since it was quite long. The cards and other paper mementos can be scrapbooked into an album.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I had my dress, veil and tiara professionally preserved in a box that has a flap so you can look at the bodice of the dress & tiara through the sealed plastic. Goofy but hey--you can visit it.
2.gif

Everythng else I keep in a special chest (a small trunk that is pink with roses all over it) that is my "wedding chest."
1.gif

hannah

Rough_Rock
Some wedding momentos were put into a time capsule (to be opened on our 25th anniversary). The rest of my wedding things were put in memory box, similar to this (this is from the Bombay Company):

B0000AZFR6.01-A8K3K4OR6EXJA.PT08._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results