clarity

PHOENIX - UPDATED BLING PORTFOLIO

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Your collection is amazing!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Man, it's like going to a jewelry show, only you're the only "vendor"!! That is some collection! Holly is awesome, but I'm a sucker for your pear! It's been one of my favs since I joined PS!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got nothing....I'm just in awe!!! 8)

This is what I'd like for my 2013 calendar--- your jewels to admire each day!! :sun:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexiszoe|1351491307|3294653 said:
Phoenix,

in an ideal situation a 5 carat pear would be fantastic :love: However, since he won't be making the purchase anytime in the immediate future, it depends on diamond prices in the next year or so. I also wonder about the size difference between a 4 and a 5 - not sure if it is worth the money for the slight increase in visual difference. I still remember I had never considered a pear in a halo until I saw your LM beauty some time back...that certainly threw a spanner in the works!

Thanks for the link of the pearls, they are gorgeous! Visually, is there a difference between white SS versus freshwater? I have been contemplating getting SS studs but am not sure if it is worth the price difference between the two.

Well, you guys can always see what diamond prices are like at the time...I've learned that the carat size can sometimes make little difference, esp when it comes to fancy shapes. It all depends on the depth and hence the spread. A 4ct can sometimes look as big as a 5ct and a 5ct may look much small for its weight. Just like my 3.50 has the spread of a 4ct.

Ha ha, glad I've been enabling you! :devil:

You're welcome. I love pearls, I think there's something inherently very beautiful about them...thinking abt how a speck of sand could end up as something as beautiful as a pearl! :love: :love:

For me, I can certainly see and appreciate the beauty in SS's. Not saying freshwaters are not beautiful..I just prefer SS's for *me*. I find them more appealing, maybe it's the thicker nacre, the more lustrous sheen, the larger size...I dunno...hard to say exactly why. One thing I will say though SS's have a lot more heft and thus can be quite heavy and uncomfortable when worn on the ears for a long time. They're ok for fancy events whereby they'll only sit on yr ears for a few hrs. But if they're for everyday wear, I'd go for Akoya's. Pearl Paradise seems to have some really nice ones. Also, I've never seen any pearls as beautiful as the ones I saw at a jewellery show here in SG. They make my head spin and my heart race!!! YES, they are THAT beautiful!! :love: :love: :love: The vendor however is based in HK. If you are keen, I can post their contact no for you. They are not cheap however and I've yet to buy anything from them, but I am sorely tempted! :naughty:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JaneSmith|1351475856|3294496 said:
That's it, I can't take any more blingasms tonight. I'm off to have a glass of wine and a lie down.

Ha ha, you're too funny!! :bigsmile: Thank you.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marchesa6989|1351498896|3294662 said:
i've been lurking but really wanted to post in this thread...AH-MAAA-ZING!!! you're my blingspiration phoenix. as someone in my early 20s starting both my career and jewelery collection, i hope that i can one day have a collection like yours :love:

now that you're almost at your ideal core collection, what advice would you have for someone starting to build their own?

Oh wow, I am honoured!! Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to post such lovely compliments.

Well...that's a really hard one as people's tastes vary so much and one's cup of tea (or piece of bling in this case, ha ha) is not necessarily another person's cuppa. Also, it'd depend on what your goal(s) are. Would they be to have a collection that you'd wear forever and ever (I personally never say that, as experience has proved)? Or would you rather have something that you could liquidate, if you needed to, more easily? However, if pushed, I'd have to say:

- stick to classic more popular pieces, of more popular colours and clarities (and I don't mean popular as in trendy). As much as I love and have owned many pieces of lower colours and clarities, I have to say stones of G-H, even I colours are more popular and you'd be able to sell them more easily should you need to. Also, clarities like VS1-VS2 are preferable generally speaking to Si stones. Again, these are generalisations and I do own pieces of Si1-Si2 clarities and I think they're really great value for money, so in the end, it'd depend on your priorities.

- again, moden RB's are the most popular, classic shape and they have survived the test of time (unlike marquise, for example which I think used to be very popular few decades ago and hardly anyone wears or buys them now. Even pears which I have a soft spot for are hard to trade too).

- stick to pieces that are well cut (so use the HCA for instance for RB's and/ or use trusted appraisers and YOUR own eyes).

- do NOT spend too much money on settings and re-settings, as they would likely end up as crap metal with only scrap values. I've been guilty of this and have wasted so much money!! :nono: ;(

- if you can afford it, go for larger pieces rather than smaller ones. Stay away esp from jewellery with lots of melee diamonds (melee diamonds have practically no resale value).

- most of all though, go for something that YOU enjoy, ie. buy it for yourself first and foremost, and not because someone else likes it or because it is trendy; as diamonds are a frivolous purchase and they are largely for YOUR own enjoyment and you should enjoy them for many many years.

- if you are able to, I'd go to as many jewellery shows and stores to look at as many diamonds as you can. You'd soon be able to discern what you' d like most.....and the experience is tremendously enjoyable! :appl:

Without knowing you or your situation, I am reluctant to say much more. Bear in mind your taste may change with time, with changes in your economic/ financial circumstances, your circle of friends and PS (yes, esp PS, as they do influence you even if you/ one are/ is not ready to admit it, lol) etc..etc..

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lknvrb4|1351501029|3294667 said:
Your collection is amazing!

Thank you. :))

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix|1351520652|3294798 said:
i've been lurking but really wanted to post in this thread...AH-MAAA-ZING!!! you're my blingspiration phoenix. as someone in my early 20s starting both my career and jewelery collection, i hope that i can one day have a collection like yours :love:

now that you're almost at your ideal core collection, what advice would you have for someone starting to build their own?

Oh wow, I am honoured!! Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to post such lovely compliments.

Well...that's a really hard one as people's tastes vary so much and one's cup of tea (or piece of bling in this case, ha ha) is not necessarily another person's cuppa. Also, it'd depend on what your goal(s) are. Would they be to have a collection that you'd wear forever and ever (I personally never say that, as experience has proved)? Or would you rather have something that you could liquidate, if you needed to, more easily? However, if pushed, I'd have to say:

- stick to classic more popular pieces, of more popular colours and clarities (and I don't mean popular as in trendy). As much as I love and have owned many pieces of lower colours and clarities, I have to say stones of G-H, even I colours are more popular and you'd be able to sell them more easily should you need to. Also, clarities like VS1-VS2 are preferable generally speaking to Si stones. Again, these are generalisations and I do own pieces of Si1-Si2 clarities and I think they're really great value for money, so in the end, it'd depend on your priorities.

- again, moden RB's are the most popular, classic shape and they have survived the test of time (unlike marquise, for example which I think used to be very popular few decades ago and hardly anyone wears or buys them now. Even pears which I have a soft spot for are hard to trade too).

- stick to pieces that are well cut (so use the HCA for instance for RB's and/ or use trusted appraisers and YOUR own eyes).

- do NOT spend too much money on settings and re-settings, as they would likely end up as crap metal with only scrap values. I've been guilty of this and have wasted so much money!! :nono: ;(

- if you can afford it, go for larger pieces rather than smaller ones. Stay away esp from jewellery with lots of melee diamonds (melee diamonds have practically no resale value).

- most of all though, go for something that YOU enjoy, ie. buy it for yourself first and foremost, and not because someone else likes it or because it is trendy; as diamonds are a frivolous purchase and they are largely for YOUR own enjoyment and you should enjoy them for many many years.

- if you are able to, I'd go to as many jewellery shows and stores to look at as many diamonds as you can. You'd soon be able to discern what you' d like most.....and the experience is tremendously enjoyable! :appl:

Without knowing you or your situation, I am reluctant to say much more. Bear in mind your taste may change with time, with changes in your economic/ financial circumstances, your circle of friends and PS (yes, esp PS, as they do influence you even if you/ one are/ is not ready to admit it, lol) etc..etc..

What wonderful tips! Thank you for sharing this insight.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom, thank you. You're too kind! :))

Oh one thing I almost forgot to mention: ONLY buy stones with GIA and/ or AGS certs. Forget about the other ones. Well, I've seen some good HRD stones but generally it's hard to buy those, unless you happen to live in Europe and are able to see the stone(s) yourself.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Phoenix, you have one of the very best collections I have seen here!!! :love: I just love a classic collection of well cut stones in classic platinum settings! Nothing is more timeless! I have said it before and I will say it again, I'd love to have a mini collection just like yours! I wish I weren't in the midst of other projects because I'd consider some of your hand-me-downs! I saw the VC ring but I am not seeing the 5 stone. I am thinking the stones were too large for me, but someone should snap both of those up!

Thanks for the pictures...you know we really love seeing them!!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I showed all the girls at my work your pictures and they were all trying to figure out which celebrity you are! That's how awesome your bling is!

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix,

I would appreciate it if you could post the contact information of the pearl dealer you mentioned! I would love to visit HK again some time, have heard amazing things about their jewelry fairs but have never had the opportunity to go to one. I wonder how you manage to control yourself when you are at the fairs ;))

I have been very bad today, just bought a pair of 11-12mm white SS studs and a silvery blue pink tahitian strand from PP :naughty: Since you mentioned it's heavy, I do wonder about the feasibility of wearing the studs daily, I am not a fan of droopy ears.

Maybe there's a diamond/pearl disease going on somewhere that we don't know of. First diamonds, then pearls, and then back again!

I think you need some diamond pear drops to go with your 2.374 ct soon to be studs :naughty:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, you are my diamond hero...stunning collection :love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning!! :love: :love: Love your collection--

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!... :love: :love: :appl: :appl: ..Phoenix will you marry me?... :naughty:

D

Deactivated member 42515

vtigger86 said:
Get in line! I know you just want her for her blinding bling!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Pheonix

You are my bling inspiration. You really have a collection that is museum worthy. It is fabulous. :love: :love: :love:

The best bit about your collection is that you WEAR it and LOVE it!! That makes it all the more special to me. :appl:

To many many more beautiful pieces. you have exquisite taste, my dear!!

:wavey:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1351424143|3294013 said:
Look deep into my eyes....

You have too many studs.....

You want to send a pair to Rosetta....yes thats right.....shes waiting in the post office right now....

Just keep looking into my eyes....yeeesssss....

:shock: :shock: :shock:

OK, this has been making me chuckle all day!

Phoenix, I can't wait to see pics of the collection with Holly in the mix. That will be show stopping!

marchesa6989

Shiny_Rock
Phoenix|1351520652|3294798 said:

wow thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed reply...muchly appreciated!!! alot of wisdoms and handy hints there.

i hope to buy pieces with longevity so that i don't have to liquidate...luckily the medical field has relative job stability, but we are waiting til we finish residency before making the really big ticket purchases (some honkers like yours would be a dream come true :naughty: ). however i would still like to make some purchases whilst completing my training as a reward for working hard hehe. i've most definitely been influenced by PSers and that was part of my hiatus/lurking, as my partner was getting a little scared :lol:

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I love your pear ring! It's incredibly beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing your collection.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexiszoe|1351544851|3295058 said:
Phoenix,

I would appreciate it if you could post the contact information of the pearl dealer you mentioned! I would love to visit HK again some time, have heard amazing things about their jewelry fairs but have never had the opportunity to go to one. I wonder how you manage to control yourself when you are at the fairs ;))

I have been very bad today, just bought a pair of 11-12mm white SS studs and a silvery blue pink tahitian strand from PP :naughty: Since you mentioned it's heavy, I do wonder about the feasibility of wearing the studs daily, I am not a fan of droopy ears.

Maybe there's a diamond/pearl disease going on somewhere that we don't know of. First diamonds, then pearls, and then back again!

I think you need some diamond pear drops to go with your 2.374 ct soon to be studs :naughty:

Alexis,

I am soooo lame, I actually only have their SG tel no. They gave me their biz card at that time (which I think is two shows ago) and of course since I've moved house since then I've lost the card! :rolleyes: I called this SG no but there's no response; I can only assume that it was a temp no which they used when they came to SG at that time, which means that the no is no longer valid. I hope they'll come to the next show; I'd for sure get their contact details for you.

I usually just leave my CC's at home, lol! Actually, at these fairs, there're usually soooooo much and so many choices that in fact you end up feeling overwhelmed. You usually would have to plan in advance which particular pavillions you want to visit the most, otherwise you'd be just lost and wandering around looking without really absorbing anything in.

Oooohhh, pics? They sound DELISH!! :love: :love: :lickout: :lickout: I was actually thinking of ordering some silvery blue Akoyas from them myself. But I am def an avid fan of SS's and Tahitians (did I already say that, lol?!). Yes, droopy ears would be the result of earring them for too long :lol: . In fact, I get a headache if I leave them on for too long.

Ha ha, if there is that diseasese, I've caught it a looooong time ago and it ain't leaving my body any time soon! :naughty:

I'd love some pear drops, but I am going to go into a hiatus for a while after I get the match for my 2.374ct (I heard back from Lesley btw :wink2: ), at least until some or hopefully most of my bling for sale actually gets sold. Are you enabling me back to get your "revenge" for my enabling you pear-wise, lol?! :lol: :lol:

Tuffy

Rough_Rock
Hi Phoenix,
your collection is amazing!! pple around you must be so distracted by the bling. :love:

incidentally, I noticed that you have quite a few pieces set/purchased in USA. Say for setting - how do you normally send your diamond overseas? is it costly? also, do you end up incurring GST when the finished product is shipped to Singapore?

if the item is purchased overseas, do you have it shipped back (to confirm that you want to keep the item) before sending over to USA again for setting? won't you end up incurring GST twice over?

I live in Singapore too! have been admiring the work of VC. but can't q figure out if it is worth it to get him to do the setting...

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YayTacori|1351552714|3295175 said:
vtigger86 said:
Get in line! I know you just want her for her blinding bling!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BOTH OF YOU crack me up!!!

Thanks for posting a "tips" list, Phoenix. I will die a very happy woman if I can ever own a collection half as worthy as yours. Half? A third. A quarter. I'm not greedy ;)) JUST ADOPT ME!

And I just went to go check my outbox, to check which random person I must have accidentally harassed… it IS you! I recognize your photo from your cropped photo you just posted in your eye's thread. Perhaps my message got put into the 'other' inbox, for non-friends? Either way, I always remember how careful you are about who you are, and where you are while on the internet, I just want to point out that I didn't even search for you and stumbled on you. The internet CAN be a scary world! >_<

NTave

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful jewels! I think the pear is still my favorite, but you have some amazing bling!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what lovely and blingly jewels! Where's the thread on Holly? Is there one?

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1351576183|3295444 said:
Alexis,

I am soooo lame, I actually only have their SG tel no. They gave me their biz card at that time (which I think is two shows ago) and of course since I've moved house since then I've lost the card! :rolleyes: I called this SG no but there's no response; I can only assume that it was a temp no which they used when they came to SG at that time, which means that the no is no longer valid. I hope they'll come to the next show; I'd for sure get their contact details for you.

I usually just leave my CC's at home, lol! Actually, at these fairs, there're usually soooooo much and so many choices that in fact you end up feeling overwhelmed. You usually would have to plan in advance which particular pavillions you want to visit the most, otherwise you'd be just lost and wandering around looking without really absorbing anything in.

Oooohhh, pics? They sound DELISH!! :love: :love: :lickout: :lickout: I was actually thinking of ordering some silvery blue Akoyas from them myself. But I am def an avid fan of SS's and Tahitians (did I already say that, lol?!). Yes, droopy ears would be the result of earring them for too long :lol: . In fact, I get a headache if I leave them on for too long.

Ha ha, if there is that diseasese, I've caught it a looooong time ago and it ain't leaving my body any time soon! :naughty:

I'd love some pear drops, but I am going to go into a hiatus for a while after I get the match for my 2.374ct (I heard back from Lesley btw :wink2: ), at least until some or hopefully most of my bling for sale actually gets sold. Are you enabling me back to get your "revenge" for my enabling you pear-wise, lol?! :lol: :lol:

Phoenix,

thanks for the heads up! I had no idea there's a strategy for these jewelry fairs - I suppose it makes sense since it is so big and one only has a limited amount of time. If you ever find out who the dealers are/their contact, do let me know :)

I am supposed to get the pearls probably by this weekend/early next week, so I will definitely be posting pics in the pearl thread. I think silvery blue Akoyas would be gorgeous!!! With the amazing luster it would look like glowing little orbs of light around your neck...complete with Holly on your finger.

I am a little worried about the size of the SS because I am petite, and if it's going to cause headaches, maybe I should trade them in for a smaller pair or just get some 10- 11mm Freshadamas when it's in stock. I am hoping I would be able to rock them without much of a problem!

And what enabling? I am merely airing my suggestions...I think pear drops on those studs of yours will be fabulous :love: And what's this about a matchy stud that's waiting in the wings? :naughty: Speaking of which, do you have a dedicated thread for your LM pear? I tried searching for it but couldn't find any!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1351506357|3294678 said:
Man, it's like going to a jewelry show, only you're the only "vendor"!! That is some collection! Holly is awesome, but I'm a sucker for your pear! It's been one of my favs since I joined PS!!

Awww, thank you, Yenny. My pear is honoured! :))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1351507962|3294687 said:
I got nothing....I'm just in awe!!! 8)

This is what I'd like for my 2013 calendar--- your jewels to admire each day!! :sun:

Ha ha, that's soooo cute! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results