shape
carat
color
clarity

Here a Name, There a Name, Everywhere a Name Name...

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
B.E.G.|1351277452|3293029 said:
Is my over-attachment to "Ms." weird?? :p

Ms. all the way! :appl: I don't think its weird at all.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
B.E.G.|1351277452|3293029 said:
Is my over-attachment to "Ms." weird?? :p
You never know, you could change your mind.

I wear my Mrs. as a badge of honor, and I've found that I get kind of miffed when someone refers to me as Miss or Ms. I have a kid, I'm 30 years old, I'm married and I feel freaking old sometimes!

Part of this probably has to do with the fact that I've looked young my entire life, and the day after my 29th birthday I got carded AT THE MOVIE THEATRE. I DO NOT look 16 people!

Now, it's weird, because sometimes you think you feel one way, and you end up changing your mind. My husband, for instance, just got his PhD. He is very picky about who he tells this to. He doesn't want an airline thinking that he's an MD if he shows up on their registration list - he would faint at the sight of blood. But at school if someone doesn't refer to him as Dr. he feels insulted. He also looks young. But when he was a grad student and teaching undergrad classes, he would freak out if someone called him Dr. LastName. I, of course, though it was hilarious because he'd go "Do I look old enough to be a professor?!?!". So now that he has that degree, he feels like he should get some kind of recognition for it - it's taken 12 years to get that far.

So you never know...and you do get mistaken for being one of your students... :bigsmile:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Madelise,

Thanks for writing such an explanation! I tend to be a big on the longwinded side, so no worries on the length. I may end up writing you an essay back!

What marriage means to me:

To me, marriage is:
Having someone to snuggle with under the covers when you get cold.
Having someone to share all of your secrets with, even the ones you never thought you'd tell anyone.
It's blurting out the silly things you're thinking, even though everyone else would judge you for them.
It's planning for months for birthday/Christmas presents, and giving them before.
It's discussing buying a tv, a bed, a car and coming to a decision together.
It's trusting someone so completely that you forget what it was like before they were there.
It's knowing that you have someone on your side no matter what.
It's doing silly things.
It's making traditions together.
It's planning for the future.
It's making jokes about not wearing your wedding ring, and saying that you're currently single.
It's counting the time until he comes home or I go home.
It's dropping by his work just to say hello.
It's intimacy.
It's knowing that when you get tired of dealing with an upset kiddo, there is someone to help and they have a shoulder to cry on.
It's knowing that he is there for the worst of times and will be there to help get you through it.
It's having your best friend with you, and knowing that they won't betray you.
It's having gone through major surgeries and doing everything for them, and them for you.
It's knowing that he doesn't judge you.
It's not longer being self-conscious around him - him witnessing childbirth will do this to you.
It's sacrificing your time/money/self to make them happy.
It's knowing that they love you unconditionally.
It's not sweating the small stuff.
It's a kiss there and a hug here.
It's making decisions together.
It's raising a kiddo together.
It's flowers at your work for no particular reason.
It's him stopping at your favorite bakery on the way home to pick up your favorite treats, for no reason.
It's giving everything you can to him and not expecting anything back.
It's a simple caress here, massage there.
It's making a home together, whether it's a tiny condo, a huge house or a townhome.
It's him knowing me better than I know myself.
It's making the hard decisions, together.
It's wanting the best for him and him wanting the best for me.
It's friendship, it's romantic, it's heartache, it's nothing like what I could have guessed before I was in it.
And more...so much more.

Almost 3 years into it. Looking forward to many many more.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild|1351309860|3293362 said:
Part of this probably has to do with the fact that I've looked young my entire life, and the day after my 29th birthday I got carded AT THE MOVIE THEATRE. I DO NOT look 16 people!

Behold my future! :lol:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild|1351275180|3292989 said:
Not to mention the alphabetical thing, although that's less important in adulthood!

Oh yes, of course! That will always be important to me after suffering through it as a kid! :wink2:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I will be taking his last name. I am so excited for it too! :D

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
aww FrekeChild that is so sweet. As I read your list, I was checking things off mentally and it made me so happy ::) Glad you found your one!!

I will take his name...I don't have any real attachment to my last name since it's just a romanization of my family name in Chinese and that I can keep with me. Plus I want my kids to all have the same last name and I find it much easier when both parents have the same name instead of playing the guessing game. As for the alphabet, I think I missed the boat on that one because DBF's last initial is only one letter ahead of mine, and we are already at the end of the alphabet! Oops. I liked being at the end of the line for most things school related though haha.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1351311849|3293370 said:

:love: How sweet. You should turn this post into a V-Day or anniversary card for him..
Congratulations on your upcoming 3rd year!! :appl:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild|1351311849|3293370 said:
Madelise,

Thanks for writing such an explanation! I tend to be a big on the longwinded side, so no worries on the length. I may end up writing you an essay back!

What marriage means to me:

To me, marriage is:
Having someone to snuggle with under the covers when you get cold.
Having someone to share all of your secrets with, even the ones you never thought you'd tell anyone.
It's blurting out the silly things you're thinking, even though everyone else would judge you for them.
It's planning for months for birthday/Christmas presents, and giving them before.
It's discussing buying a tv, a bed, a car and coming to a decision together.
It's trusting someone so completely that you forget what it was like before they were there.
It's knowing that you have someone on your side no matter what.
It's doing silly things.
It's making traditions together.
It's planning for the future.
It's making jokes about not wearing your wedding ring, and saying that you're currently single.
It's counting the time until he comes home or I go home.
It's dropping by his work just to say hello.
It's intimacy.
It's knowing that when you get tired of dealing with an upset kiddo, there is someone to help and they have a shoulder to cry on.
It's knowing that he is there for the worst of times and will be there to help get you through it.
It's having your best friend with you, and knowing that they won't betray you.
It's having gone through major surgeries and doing everything for them, and them for you.
It's knowing that he doesn't judge you.
It's not longer being self-conscious around him - him witnessing childbirth will do this to you.
It's sacrificing your time/money/self to make them happy.
It's knowing that they love you unconditionally.
It's not sweating the small stuff.
It's a kiss there and a hug here.
It's making decisions together.
It's raising a kiddo together.
It's flowers at your work for no particular reason.
It's him stopping at your favorite bakery on the way home to pick up your favorite treats, for no reason.
It's giving everything you can to him and not expecting anything back.
It's a simple caress here, massage there.
It's making a home together, whether it's a tiny condo, a huge house or a townhome.
It's him knowing me better than I know myself.
It's making the hard decisions, together.
It's wanting the best for him and him wanting the best for me.
It's friendship, it's romantic, it's heartache, it's nothing like what I could have guessed before I was in it.
And more...so much more.

Love this! So adorable! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results