shape
carat
color
clarity

shopping for a goldilocks sofa

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all, we are trying to re-organize our house and free up space. We originally bought a larger sleeper sofa to fit in our tv room, but it didn't fit through the door, so we put it in the living room. We are now planning to replace tv sofa with an ikea sleeper sofa (begginge) to solve the sleeper sofa situation.

As for the living room, I want to open up the room, and replace with a slightly smaller, more streamlined (may I say elegant) sofa. Current sofa is 83" wide by 39" deep. Current sofa has actually held up quite well, just that I want a different style and color.

I do not need to buy a piece of furniture that will last 30 years, the upholstery will be shot long before then. But I don't want to spend $800 on a piece of crap.We like mid century type designs
for example we both really like the lorimer sofa http://www.westelm.com/products/lorimer-sofa-g149/

What do people think of West Elm products, and also where would you go to get a couch in the 600-900 range that is at least decent? New or vintage?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, what upholstery fabric would you choose? I am so confused!
I would love a light colored fabric but will have to choose and medium-dark fabric because our dog who is dark haired sleeps on the sofa. We have 2 children. I need something that doesn't look terrible from wear from a dog or children using it.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you all think about Haverty's, esp in comparison to West Elm and Macy's (two other places we want to check out), particularly quality-wise?

Any place I'm missing? I'm actually in NC, but just know my husband will veto a Highpoint trip.

MikeMyers

Rough_Rock
Amazon.com has a very useful smartphone application, Amazon Price Check, which will compare store prices for things against prices on Amazon. It's a way to get things for the best price, but a lot of retailers aren't happy with it at all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results