shape
carat
color
clarity

Yet another possible princess...opiions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

taualum23

Rough_Rock
Hey all. Still in the search for the perfect princess in my price range....anybody have any thoughts?

Certificate EGL
Cut PRINCESS
Carat 2.00
Color G
Clarity VS2
Price $ 13199.76
Price per Carat $ 6599.88
Measurements 6.96 x 6.83 x 5.02 mm
Depth Percentage 73.5 %
Table Percentage 71 %
Crown Angle
Pavilion Percentage %
Pavilion Angle
Girdle TN-
Culet N
Polish VERY GOOD
Symmetry VERY GOOD
Fluorescence NONE
Certificate Notes
Other Notes
Clarity-Enhanced NO
Make
Availability

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about these ? Without full Sarin report at least (or some ''scope report at best) it is not fesible to predict how fiery or bright these are - table < depth or not (assuming you were refering to that bit). If there were lots of princess cuts with a relatively small table (and 71% is not small, even if depth happens to be even bigger than that) , well, ok, maybe that rule of thumb would be worth starting with as a first guess to narrow down the list even knowing that some good ones will be left aside. As is, it doesn''t sound very reasonable to pass stones with decent numbers (size for weight and AGA considered) for the sake of a rule that doesn''t guarantee much.
34.gif

Just my 0.2, of course.
2.gif

squaresX.JPG

taualum23

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I am SLOWLY learnig all the ifs and ands to princess stones. Maybe someday I''ll actually find THE stone.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That price can't be right
7.gif

taualum23

Rough_Rock
The price seems terribly bad?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2005 3:32:51 PM
Author: taualum23
The price seems terribly bad?
Nope, that''s pretty cheap... but I guess MMM missed the lab''s name. EGL graded stones come at some discount versus GIA graded ones.

You may want to take a look at one related article in the PS journal comparing labs'' grades (there''s just one other of the same, cited there... otherwise I would gladly send to an outside source) and PM MMM about what she meant
34.gif

The database here lists a handful of princess cuts like that between 12k and 14k from a dozen or so independent sellers... easy to check if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results